America doing well under Trump

diehard

Reaction score
Now DJT is wrecking the nuclear arms agreement and stating he wants to reload and amplify our nuke arsenal. Be prepared for requests for hundreds of billions of new fully-borrowed defense spending in the next budget. None of it will be bloated or corrupted, believe him.
This isn't news. He ran on this.

howeda7

Reaction score
The 10% tariffs went into effect the last week of September. The DOW is now down 2,000 points since 10/1. MAGA!

Section2

Reaction score
You honestly don't think it's a factor?
The announcement of the tariffs is the event that moves the market. By the implementation, the impact is pretty much already priced in. What's happening to markets is about much more than a 10% tariff.

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Market is up 39% under the stable genius. Done by altering almost all of Zero's policies.
No. It's not.

Not even using the closing numbers from yesterday when you posted this after market close.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The announcement of the tariffs is the event that moves the market. By the implementation, the impact is pretty much already priced in. What's happening to markets is about much more than a 10% tariff.
Well, the S&P and Dow are now down for the year.

howeda7

Reaction score
Both are true. But the 25% tariff is coming on 1/1 and there's no outward sign of any movement. It's being priced in now. Also the indirect effects don't all get priced in on announcement, but they're flowing through the economy now.

You should know this. You used to be about free trade and would be irate if Obama had implemented these tariffs. Instead you've expressed your meek concern and gone back to monitoring CNN and my posts for excess outrage.

Section2

Reaction score
Both are true. But the 25% tariff is coming on 1/1 and there's no outward sign of any movement. It's being priced in now. Also the indirect effects don't all get priced in on announcement, but they're flowing through the economy now.

You should know this. You used to be about free trade and would be irate if Obama had implemented these tariffs. Instead you've expressed your meek concern and gone back to monitoring CNN and my posts for excess outrage.
I am about free trade and against tariffs. I’m also against proclaiming that “today’s stock market moves totally vindicate my position!”

Stock market is a joke and has been for a decade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justthefacts

Reaction score
I am about free trade and against tariffs. I’m also against proclaiming that “today’s stock market moves totally vindicate my position!”

Yeah, your non-stop criticism of Trump's touting of stock market gains were virulent.

bga1

Reaction score
No. It's not.

Not even using the closing numbers from yesterday when you posted this after market close.
Since the election of Trump- that's the start of my time line. Was 18000- my post was at 25,000= 25000/18000= 1.39.

But as S2 correctly states- the markets are a lousy metric of economic success. It rose under Obama with a terrible economy. It did so because the Fed force money into the markets with a several trillion dollar easing program.

Unregistered User

Reaction score
Since the election of Trump- that's the start of my time line. Was 18000- my post was at 25,000= 25000/18000= 1.39.

But as S2 correctly states- the markets are a lousy metric of economic success. It rose under Obama with a terrible economy. It did so because the Fed force money into the markets with a several trillion dollar easing program.
The Dow is not "The Market". And it was at almost at 18,600 opening on November 9, the day after the election.

The S&P 500...the Market...is up around 22% since that date, and doesn't change much if you use the inauguration as the start date.

howeda7

Reaction score

Your principles apparently can go dormant depending on who is in the White House. I never said anything about "vindication." In general, Presidents get too much credit and too much blame for the economy and the stock market. But Trump beats his chest about it more than anyone, so he doesn't get a pass when it turns the other way. And Beeg wants to praise him for causing the boom by "cutting regs."

Meanwhile, one of the few ways he can actually directly impact the economy is by getting us into a stupid, needless trade war, and that's what he's done. You said we should wait and let his 3-D chess play out. How's that going?

Section2

Reaction score
The Dow is not "The Market". And it was at almost at 18,600 opening on November 9, the day after the election.

The S&P 500...the Market...is up around 22% since that date, and doesn't change much if you use the inauguration as the start date.
Wait. You think the Dow is not the market, only the S&P is?

Section2

Reaction score
Your principles apparently can go dormant depending on who is in the White House. I never said anything about "vindication." In general, Presidents get too much credit and too much blame for the economy and the stock market. But Trump beats his chest about it more than anyone, so he doesn't get a pass when it turns the other way. And Beeg wants to praise him for causing the boom by "cutting regs."

Meanwhile, one of the few ways he can actually directly impact the economy is by getting us into a stupid, needless trade war, and that's what he's done. You said we should wait and let his 3-D chess play out. How's that going?
Nah, Obama beat his chest plenty and still is to this day.
What are your principles? If you want to blame trump now, then surely you gave him full credit for the record markets the last 2 years?

Another Howie straw man. I didn’t say we should wait, I said we have no choice but to wait. Yet another thing for you to get ginned up about Howie.

jamiche

Reaction score

Sorry, Humble Beggar, that's not how it works. You don't get to cherry pick and then compound your faulty position by trying to have it both ways.

The S&P 500 is a better barometer of the markets than the Dow. It's up 16.95% since Trump's inauguration and is essentially flat for 2018. For the same time frame starting with Obama's inauguration in 2009, the S&P 500 was up 54.6%. You liked the Obama economy because you said so during his presidency.

justthefacts

Reaction score

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?78493-Trump-Tax-Plan-and-the-deficit&p=1569602#post1569602

Like the stock market? The market is forward looking and anticipated the Trump boom in 2017 and the markets remain high despite constant media gloom about Trump

Unregistered User

Reaction score
Wait. You think the Dow is not the market, only the S&P is?

You call yourself an economist, right?

No. The Dow is not "The Market", it is "a market". Just like the DAX, CAC, Wilshire 5000, Hang Seng, Nikkei, MSCI ACWI, et al. are "markets".

In the US, when you refer to "The Market", you are referring to the S&P 500.

You should bookmark this page.

Section2

Reaction score
You call yourself an economist, right?

No. The Dow is not "The Market", it is "a market". Just like the DAX, CAC, Wilshire 5000, Hang Seng, Nikkei, MSCI ACWI, et al. are "markets".

In the US, when you refer to "The Market", you are referring to the S&P 500.

You should bookmark this page.
Incorrect. I have never heard anyone say that, and your link doesn't say it either. Your link says the S&P is the best index, which is a fine opinion. But definitively it's the market? No, hell no.

Bookmark this
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stockmarket.asp

Jake too.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Dow down another 245 points as the Stable Genius announces more tariffs. Now down nearly 2,400 points in October alone. Greatest thing ever! MAGA!

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Dow down another 245 points as the Stable Genius announces more tariffs. Now down nearly 2,400 points in October alone. Greatest thing ever! MAGA!
Trump is driving the economy into the sh!tter.

diehard

Reaction score
So many comments. So little knowledge. Just progressive talking points of the day. Every day is a full moon for them.

Top Bottom