America doing well under Trump

John Galt

Reaction score
I like the proposal to cut 5% across the board. I'd take it farther and propose 10% for everything, including entitlements. Any fiscal conservatives who would disagree?

bga1

Reaction score
The GOP demanded spending cuts for years while Obama was president. The GOP has now had control for almost 2 years, and they haven't cut anything. We have enough information to know what the current GOP actually cares about and stands for, which isn't a balanced budget or even cutting spending to get close to a balanced budget.

McConnell, Ryan, and Trump are liars and scammers. All they care about is power. We need an actual GOP willing to care about the budget instead of all the other junk that they have been doing.

Big Government Addict and his fellow sheep need to leave the party and either join the democrats or build a new party. They aren't welcome in the true GOP where the budget actually matters, and where people pay more than lip service to it.
Who did you vote for? What is their record?? What a fraud you are!

howeda7

Reaction score
I like the proposal to cut 5% across the board. I'd take it farther and propose 10% for everything, including entitlements. Any fiscal conservatives who would disagree?
I would do it. In exchange I want the R's to agree to raise the FICA cap so that SS and Medicare are then fully funded for at least 20 years out.

Section2

Reaction score
I would do it. In exchange I want the R's to agree to raise the FICA cap so that SS and Medicare are then fully funded for at least 20 years out.
No need if SS and Medicare are cut by 10%

bga1

Reaction score
No to raising the cap. That's an income redistribution scheme. Yes to raising the individual FICA contribution across the board. Yes to 10% cuts on everything, including entitlements and the military- I'd take that trade.

howeda7

Reaction score
No need if SS and Medicare are cut by 10%
10%? That'll happen the 5th of never. At best, you can make them subject to the 5% cut, or more likely just freeze the increases for a couple of years.

howeda7

Reaction score
No to raising the cap. That's an income redistribution scheme. Yes to raising the individual FICA contribution across the board. Yes to 10% cuts on everything, including entitlements and the military- I'd take that trade.
I'm OK with raising both.

bga1

Reaction score
10%? That'll happen the 5th of never. At best, you can make them subject to the 5% cut, or more likely just freeze the increases for a couple of years.
Can you imagine one single Democrat agreeing to a 5% medicare and ss cut? I can't. The only way any such cut ever occurs to entitlements is if both parties agree. Otherwise, the proposing party would get penalized at the polls.

Section2

Reaction score
You replied to a thread recommending it and said you would do it, so maybe read more carefully.

stocker08

Reaction score
The defense budget is bloated. 10% isn't enough.

howeda7

Reaction score
Can you imagine one single Democrat agreeing to a 5% medicare and ss cut? I can't. The only way any such cut ever occurs to entitlements is if both parties agree. Otherwise, the proposing party would get penalized at the polls.
If there was also a tax increase on the top rate, I think some would support it. That's why you negotiate.

howeda7

Reaction score
You replied to a thread recommending it and said you would do it, so maybe read more carefully.
I would do 5% if it's 5% on everything or at least freeze it. But politically, a 10% SS cut is not happening in either party.

Section2

Reaction score

I would do 5% if it's 5% on everything or at least freeze it. But politically, a 10% SS cut is not happening in either party.
You having a fun argument with yourself?

cncmin

Reaction score
The defense budget is bloated. 10% isn't enough.
Now DJT is wrecking the nuclear arms agreement and stating he wants to reload and amplify our nuke arsenal. Be prepared for requests for hundreds of billions of new fully-borrowed defense spending in the next budget. None of it will be bloated or corrupted, believe him.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Now DJT is wrecking the nuclear arms agreement and stating he wants to reload and amplify our nuke arsenal. Be prepared for requests for hundreds of billions of new fully-borrowed defense spending in the next budget. None of it will be bloated or corrupted, believe him.
The nuclear arms agreement with Russia has been being violated by Russia for some time. Even Obama said that.

But, the purpose of dropping the agreement isn’t b/c of Russia, it’s b/c of China. The agreement handicaps us to slow China’s military advancements.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
OK. I misread Galty's post. Happy? I personally have no issue with 10%, but it's not realistic.
Haven’t you learned anything from President Pu$$y Grabber and his legions of idiots? Never admit you are wrong and use “alternative” facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howeda7

Reaction score
How will we pay for more nukes AND the space force? I guess we'll just need annual growth of 17%. That's no problem! MAGA!

howeda7

Reaction score
The market is now showing the effects of the stable geniuse's trade war. I thought tariffs were the best thing ever?

bga1

Reaction score
The market is now showing the effects of the stable geniuse's trade war. I thought tariffs were the best thing ever?
Market is up 39% under the stable genius. Done by altering almost all of Zero's policies.

howeda7

Reaction score
Market is up 39% under the stable genius. Done by altering almost all of Zero's policies.
You believe that the rise in the markets is mostly due to Trump undoing Obama policies?

bga1

Reaction score
You believe that the rise in the markets is mostly due to Trump undoing Obama policies?
yes-as a result in the rise of business optimism, which is a result of expressed Trump policies: decreased regulation and lower taxes. Less obstacles and higher return on investment means more investment by confident investors.

cncmin

Reaction score
The nuclear arms agreement with Russia has been being violated by Russia for some time. Even Obama said that.

But, the purpose of dropping the agreement isn’t b/c of Russia, it’s b/c of China. The agreement handicaps us to slow China’s military advancements.
I look forward to hearing all about the wonderful new arms agreements that the Trump Administration will propose.

cncmin

Reaction score
Good point. We all know that the allure of a massive corporate tax giveaway, had very little to do with the rise in market. It's just a coincidence that since the implementation of the corporate tax giveaway, the market hasn't really fared all that well.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
yes-as a result in the rise of business optimism, which is a result of expressed Trump policies: decreased regulation and lower taxes. Less obstacles and higher return on investment means more investment by confident investors.
LMAO! Bush sure made us rich and created a great stock market by cutting all those regs and high confidence. Your logic doesn't hold up with 10 seconds of semi-critical thinking.

You cannot even be honest with yourself, which isn't a surprise.

howeda7

Reaction score
Of course, needless regs hurt businesses.

Where would the market be without these massive regs being repealed? 20,000? 18,000?

bga1

Reaction score
LMAO! Bush sure made us rich and created a great stock market by cutting all those regs and high confidence. Your logic doesn't hold up with 10 seconds of semi-critical thinking.

You cannot even be honest with yourself, which isn't a surprise.
You are a fraud.

Top Bottom