America doing well under Trump

bga1

Reaction score
New CNN poll:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/07/cnn-poll-majority-going-well/

A new CNN poll reveals more Americans now think the country is doing well than at any point during President Barack Obama’s entire eight years in office.

The poll, conducted by SSRS, found that 57 percent of Americans believe that the country is doing well under President Donald Trump, which is higher than any point throughout Obama’s presidency.

Enjoy it!!

In other news the Trump RCP average is now up to 44%.

justthefacts

Reaction score
New CNN poll:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/07/cnn-poll-majority-going-well/

A new CNN poll reveals more Americans now think the country is doing well than at any point during President Barack Obama’s entire eight years in office.

The poll, conducted by SSRS, found that 57 percent of Americans believe that the country is doing well under President Donald Trump, which is higher than any point throughout Obama’s presidency.

Enjoy it!!

In other news the Trump RCP average is now up to 44%.
I agree, that poll is very trustworthy and we should take its results to be an accurate representation of the real world.

(Asked of a half sample, N=499, margin of sampling error +/-5.1 percentage points)
Q5a. All in all, do you think (Donald Trump has been a better president than Barack Obama), or do you think
(Barack Obama was a better president than Donald Trump has been)?
Trump better 37%
Obama better 56%
No difference/both are the same (vol.) 4%
No Opinion 4%

Q5b. All in all, do you think (Donald Trump has done a better job as president than Hillary Clinton would have done
if she had been elected in 2016), or do you think (Hillary Clinton would have done a better job as president than
Donald Trump has done)?
Trump better 44%
Clinton better 47%
No difference/bothare the same (vol.) 5%
No Opinion 5%

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/05/07/rel5b.-.trump.pdf

bga1

Reaction score
I agree, that poll is very trustworthy and we should take its results to be an accurate representation of the real world.

(Asked of a half sample, N=499, margin of sampling error +/-5.1 percentage points)
Q5a. All in all, do you think (Donald Trump has been a better president than Barack Obama), or do you think
(Barack Obama was a better president than Donald Trump has been)?
Trump better 37%
Obama better 56%
No difference/both are the same (vol.) 4%
No Opinion 4%

Q5b. All in all, do you think (Donald Trump has done a better job as president than Hillary Clinton would have done
if she had been elected in 2016), or do you think (Hillary Clinton would have done a better job as president than
Donald Trump has done)?
Trump better 44%
Clinton better 47%
No difference/bothare the same (vol.) 5%
No Opinion 5%

http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2018/images/05/07/rel5b.-.trump.pdf
The poll is like you. You get one thing right and then several wrong. Obama always polled well for personality and poorly for his performance. Clinton will be indicted inside of a year from now so that will take care of that.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m already getting tired of winning.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The poll is like you. You get one thing right and then several wrong. Obama always polled well for personality and poorly for his performance. Clinton will be indicted inside of a year from now so that will take care of that.
You say Obama polled poorly for his performance, but the question above is a question about performance.

Q6. As you may know, Republicans control both houses of Congress and the White House. Do you have more
confidence in President Trump to deal with the major issues facing the country today, or more confidence in the
Republicans in Congress to deal with those issues?
President Trump 33%
Republicans in Congress 45%
Neither (vol.) 17%
No opinion 5%

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I guess it depends what "doing well" is.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Per your article, "Trump’s approval rating is holding steady at 41 percent "

So good!

justthefacts

Reaction score
Per your article, "Trump’s approval rating is holding steady at 41 percent "

So good!
Polls, even specific questions within specific polls, are only meaningful when they paint Donald Trump in a good light. Everyone knows this.

bga1

Reaction score
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/7/cbo-says-april-was-best-month-history-us-budget/

The federal government took in a record tax haul in April en route to its biggest-ever monthly budget surplus, the Congressional Budget Office said, as a surging economy left Americans with more money in their paychecks — and this more to pay to Uncle Sam.

All told the government collected $515 billion and spent $297 billion, for a total monthly surplus of $218 billion. That swamped the previous monthly record of $190 billion, set in 2001.

CBO analysts were surprised by the surplus, which was some $40 billion more than they’d guessed at less than a month ago.

Analysts said they’ll have a better idea of what’s behind the surge as more information rolls in, but for now said it looks like individual taxpayers are paying more because they have higher incomes.

Higher incomes = things going well. Maybe some here have missed out and are still angry?

bga1

Reaction score
Geez with numbers like that you think we would be able to reduce the debt some, lets take a look.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Spending is an has been out of control for a long time. Discretionary spending is too much and entitlement spending is way too much. The only short term hope is to produce a booming economy through common sense reductions in regulations and low taxation. Both are being done with great results so far. If we can continue to reduce dependency on government, we may have a one time window of opportunity to reduce entitlements long term while people are not dependent on them.

Revenue is UP- as I said it would be. The issue is and has been spending.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Spending is an has been out of control for a long time. Discretionary spending is too much and entitlement spending is way too much. The only short term hope is to produce a booming economy through common sense reductions in regulations and low taxation. Both are being done with great results so far. If we can continue to reduce dependency on government, we may have a one time window of opportunity to reduce entitlements long term while people are not dependent on them.

Your numbers don't seem to be adding up.The only thing that is adding up is the deficit.

stocker08

Reaction score
HAHAHA! beej is getting dunked on!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bga1

Reaction score
Your numbers don't seem to be adding up.The only thing that is adding up is the deficit.

Take another look at that clock- 2010 deficit to GDP ratio (year two of Zero) 9.361% Now-3.738% under Trump.

The problem is the spending by the swamp creatures. Obama added 10 trillion in debt- it will take a while to put the brakes on his disastrous and corrupt reign.

stocker08

Reaction score
Take another look at that clock- 2010 deficit to GDP ratio (year two of Zero) 9.361% Now-3.738% under Trump.

The problem is the spending by the swamp creatures. Obama added 10 trillion in debt- it will take a while to put the brakes on his disastrous and corrupt reign.
Kind of like how it took Obama a while to pull us out of the Bush disaster?

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score

You couldn't have picked worse numbers. 2010 was at the end of the worse recession so thanks Obama for improving that number. Geez you are dumb.

Also I just checked the clock again, still counting up. Seems your numbers aren't true as it should be counting down according to your post but it just keeps going up...

cncmin

Reaction score
You couldn't have picked worse numbers. 2010 was at the end of the worse recession so thanks Obama for improving that number. Geez you are dumb.

Also I just checked the clock again, still counting up. Seems your numbers aren't true as it should be counting down according to your post but it just keeps going up...
Here's that liberal rag Forbes Magazine, on Trump blowing up the debt.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stanco...been-playing-us-all-for-suckers/#51f8f8864694

or any other legitimate publication. He has no clue that there is very often a budget surplus IN APRIL.
https://apnews.com/0c38d825cb654eb1b989f022d5b527d8

WASHINGTON (AP) — The United States posted a budget surplus in April, but the deficit so far for the 2016 year remains wider than it was in 2015.
The April surplus came in at $106.5 billion, down from an April surplus a year earlier of $156.7 billion, the Treasury Department said Wednesday. Aprils are normally a good month for the budget: Thanks to annual tax receipts, April has registered a surplus in 48 of the past 62 years.

cncmin

Reaction score

You do realize, of course, that those two are not mutually exclusive and are interdependent. I'll repeat it here in big large letters: INCREASES IN DEFICIT SPENDING INCREASE TAX REVENUE RECEIPTS TOO.

The ratio is on the order of approximately 20 cents returned for every dollar of deficit spending increase. Therefore, on the order of 20% of federal spending increases (since we are always in debt) are returned as tax receipts.

Given that approximation, for the next federal fiscal year, an increase of spending of about $300B should inherently increase tax receipts by about $60B.

Angry

Reaction score
We are living in a better time than any other point in history.

bga1

Reaction score
You do realize, of course, that those two are not mutually exclusive and are interdependent. I'll repeat it here in big large letters: INCREASES IN DEFICIT SPENDING INCREASE TAX REVENUE RECEIPTS TOO.

The ratio is on the order of approximately 20 cents returned for every dollar of deficit spending increase. Therefore, on the order of 20% of federal spending increases (since we are always in debt) are returned as tax receipts.

Given that approximation, for the next federal fiscal year, an increase of spending of about $300B should inherently increase tax receipts by about $60B.
We have a 4 trillion budget, cnc. Approximately 1 trillion is "discretionary spending." 3 trillion is entitlement spending. As taxes decrease and the economy grows- some entitlement spending can be REDUCED. So SPENDING CAN BE INVERSELY RELATED TO INCREASED TAX REVENUES.

People that get employed can go OFF of food stamps, welfare and medicaid. That's a win win. If you were trying to make some other point in your post- please let me know.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
We have a 4 trillion budget, cnc. Approximately 1 trillion is "discretionary spending." 3 trillion is entitlement spending. As taxes decrease and the economy grows- some entitlement spending can be REDUCED. So SPENDING CAN BE INVERSELY RELATED TO INCREASED TAX REVENUES.

People that get employed can go OFF of food stamps, welfare and medicaid. That's a win win. If you were trying to make some other point in your post- please let me know.
One thing is for sure, we'll get to find out! So far every time I check that ticker its ticking up so you are wrong.

cncmin

Reaction score

Yeah, it appears you missed the point I made, and it appears you are (accidentally?) arguing a different subject: (Yes, of course spending can be inversely related to increased tax revenues, in general its the tax rate that controls revenues, along with many other factors, including economic growth).

I am specifically talking about the fact that deficit spending itself raises additional tax revenues. So let's say tomorrow Trump/Congress adds another $100B to defense spending, which of course is all deficit spending. Then we'd expect by next year that we'd also get about $20B in additional revenue due to that $100B of deficit spending.

My point is that in these discussions, this fact needs to be part of a discussion of revenue growth/decline, as it is significant. This fact also plays a significant role in the revenue structure of Reaganomics and, basically, all budgets produced since (the massive deficit spending assisted revenues).

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
"America is doing well" depends in large part on how you define "doing well."

Trump supporters are happy, in large part, because Trump is, to some extent, meeting some of his campaign promises. Tax Cut - pulling out of trade deals - rolling back environmental standards - pulling out of the Iran deal - tougher immigration policy. At the same time, other promises have not been met - health care, the wall, infrastructure. So, if you support Trump's agenda, you have reasons to be pleased.

On the other hand, if you do not support Trump's agenda, there is a lot to be concerned about. (tax cut, pulling out of trade deals, rolling back environmental standards......you get the idea.)

So, if half the country, more or less, is happy, and half the country, more or less, is not happy, does that mean the country is doing well?

All depends on how you measure "doing well." If it's all about economics, does having a few more bucks make that big of a difference? (and by the way, with gas prices going up, a lot of middle or lower-middle class types are putting any added income into the gas tank, and not into the bank.)

cncmin

Reaction score
"America is doing well" depends in large part on how you define "doing well."

Trump supporters are happy, in large part, because Trump is, to some extent, meeting some of his campaign promises. Tax Cut - pulling out of trade deals - rolling back environmental standards - pulling out of the Iran deal - tougher immigration policy. At the same time, other promises have not been met - health care, the wall, infrastructure. So, if you support Trump's agenda, you have reasons to be pleased.

On the other hand, if you do not support Trump's agenda, there is a lot to be concerned about. (tax cut, pulling out of trade deals, rolling back environmental standards......you get the idea.)

So, if half the country, more or less, is happy, and half the country, more or less, is not happy, does that mean the country is doing well?

All depends on how you measure "doing well." If it's all about economics, does having a few more bucks make that big of a difference? (and by the way, with gas prices going up, a lot of middle or lower-middle class types are putting any added income into the gas tank, and not into the bank.)
To add onto this, NO, the country is most certainly ill if over 50% of the populace is very concerned about the direction in which we are headed, and in which a large divide not only exists, but is purposely exacerbated by the POTUS himself ("divide and conquer").

The economy really isn't very healthy, either, if for no other reason than we are now increasing the debt, which is already over $20T, $1T per year to achieve the current standard of living. I could rack up $100,000 in credit card bills with no intention of paying them back and increase my temporary standard of living, but that does not make my finances "good" or "well". It does the opposite. Our wealth divide is also accelerating, and that adds to economic instability. I hope I am wrong, but I think Trumponomics has greatly accelerated the timeframe to our next huge recession.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Lefties here are posting at an increasing rate and intensity against Trump and that can mean only one thing, Trump is doing well for the US and if they can’t explain it with quality posts, they post with more frequency and intensity to deflect from the good news and projections of future doom.

cncmin

Reaction score
The Lefties here are posting at an increasing rate and intensity against Trump and that can mean only one thing, Trump is doing well for the US and if they can’t explain it with quality posts, they post with more frequency and intensity to deflect from the good news and projections of future doom.
You still don't understand what a "Lefties" is, and you aren't paying any attention if you think it's Trump doing well that has so very many people concerned.

Top Bottom