All Things Will Tschetter Recruitment Thread

Cayman

Reaction score
We have Treyton Thompson already, so I’m not too worried. I would have probably been okay with getting him. Ryan James seemed to believe he and Treyton could have played on the court at the same time, but I didn’t feel a second big was a significant need. Still early in the recruiting cycle, plenty of options, not many scholarships, I think we’ll be alright.

Keyser Söze

Reaction score
We have Treyton Thompson already, so I’m not too worried. I would have probably been okay with getting him. Ryan James seemed to believe he and Treyton could have played on the court at the same time, but I didn’t feel a second big was a significant need. Still early in the recruiting cycle, plenty of options, not many scholarships, I think we’ll be alright.
Definitely could have played together, but guard is a bigger need, so losing him is fine as long as we get a good guard instead.

theczar

Reaction score
I think he was more like four months late, he should have seen him enough by then to decide one way or the other, waiting until others offer is almost a sign of inability to evaluate at best but in mind is a sign of not really having a coherent recruiting strategy
very incoherent logic here

bfriedrichs10

Reaction score
I think he was more like four months late, he should have seen him enough by then to decide one way or the other, waiting until others offer is almost a sign of inability to evaluate at best but in mind is a sign of not really having a coherent recruiting strategy
So if we just offer everybody in the country first our problems would be solved? I don't think it works that way. I can't speak to Pitino's recruiting strategy, but I'm gonna chalk it up to Michigan wanting Tschetter more than we did. We just recruited PFS for this year and next year, so maybe the strategy is try to strengthen other positions or find guys that can play multiple positions (not sure if Tschetter can or can't, TBH). Time will tell if it was the right move or not.

Top Bottom