All Things Trump /GOP Coup

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Republicans soldier on for Trump.

National and state Republicans have mounted a last-ditch effort to keep Michigan's Board of State Canvassers from certifying results from the presidential election.

In a letter sent Saturday, Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel and Michigan Republican Chair Laura Cox urged the board to adjourn for 14 days to allow a full audit and investigation so "numerical anomalies and credible reports of procedural irregularities" can be addressed.

[...]

Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson said earlier this week that her agency would perform a post-election audit of Wayne County and some other local jurisdictions. But she said the audit could not be done before state results were certified because election officials don’t have legal access to the documents needed until then, according to the Detroit News.

howeda7

Reaction score
You're assuming he won't give them all of our secrets that he possibly can. Or perhaps you're assuming he's already done so.
The later. He owes them billions and that's the only way he can re-pay it. It's already done.

howeda7

Reaction score
We know that. The question now that he's cornered is what will he do? He's not going away peacefully.
He apparently studied Hitler, so perhaps he could emulate him some more. Or go hide out in Russia. That's fine too.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I’m not fully convinced that faithless electors has failed. The Michigan guys telling him to FO was nice though. Faith in the union restored, for now.
I'm with you. Either that or blockage in certifying election results. Monday seems to be a key date for this in Michigan. I'll breathe a lot easier once Michigan is certified and the electors selected.

Wally

Reaction score
It's been a week since I posted... pure bliss. You should try it!

But why would they want to crash the economy in preparation for starting a second glorious 4 year term?
The challenges are a smoke show to raise money for his run in 2024 and to give him a fat stack of campaign cash to spend at his properties. Trump will do literally anything for fame and $$.

Supposedly he is also thinking of starting his 2024 campaign before the end of the year. He loves sucking those political donstions straight into his pocket.

I just read this morning Trump is also talking about holding Rallies and charging admission, just as I predicted 🤣🤣🤣

cncmin

Reaction score
The challenges are a smoke show to raise money for his run in 2024 and to give him a fat stack of campaign cash to spend at his properties. Trump will do literally anything for fame and $$.

Supposedly he is also thinking of starting his 2024 campaign before the end of the year. He loves sucking those political donstions straight into his pocket.

I just read this morning Trump is also talking about holding Rallies and charging admission, just as I predicted 🤣🤣🤣
Easy pickins.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I'm with you. Either that or blockage in certifying election results. Monday seems to be a key date for this in Michigan. I'll breathe a lot easier once Michigan is certified and the electors selected.
I read that the governor of Michigan could simply select her own slate of electors, if she deems necessary. And then (I assume it meant US, but it didn't say) congress would have to choose which electors to agree with. Something like that.

Where is this codified, that this is a thing??

Feels like some poor old guy who retired in the 80's is going to have to be called, because he's the only one who remembers where some dusty scroll from the 1800's is buried in the basement of the capitol, that is the only document explaining what to do in these situations.

Section2

Reaction score
This is probably the saddest prog thread of the entire Trump presidency. Please continue.

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
psychopath say what?
Remember when we had this conversation Less?
Me-Just returned from driving to the store. Not embellishing, spotted 2 dozen Biden/Harris yard signs and not one Trump.
You-Haha, stupid. The only place this occurs is in Minneapolis; 90% of Minnesota it's the opposite. Stick to basketball posts my friend. Your political takes are awful.
Me- Ok. I live in Minnetonka.
You- Haha, doubling down on dumb. Give it up, dude.

Results in Minnetonka, Less
Biden/Harris-24804
Trump/Pence-11851

(Added everything up just for you, Less. https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/20201103 Give it a look, Less.)

cncmin

Reaction score
This is probably the saddest prog thread of the entire Trump presidency. Please continue.
In what way is it "sad"? What's really sad is that you are A-OK with presenting Donny a crown and a role as USA Dictator all because he decreased your income taxes by a few bucks by borrowing and printing more money.

I remember your laughable take that it is impossible for someone to be a dictator if they lower taxes. Nutty isn't even close to as tough a word for a take like that.

Spoofin

Reaction score
+1. I figure the lefties got sick of all the election fraud drivel and wanted to prove they can out bat sh!t crazy anyone.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Me-Just returned from driving to the store. Not embellishing, spotted 2 dozen Biden/Harris yard signs and not one Trump.
You-Haha, stupid. The only place this occurs is in Minneapolis; 90% of Minnesota it's the opposite. Stick to basketball posts my friend. Your political takes are awful.

Biden/Harris-24804
Trump/Pence-11851

(Added everything up just for you, Less. https://electionresults.sos.state.mn.us/20201103 Give it a look, Less.)
I believe you are supposed to shout “BOX!” on these occasions.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I read that the governor of Michigan could simply select her own slate of electors, if she deems necessary. And then (I assume it meant US, but it didn't say) congress would have to choose which electors to agree with. Something like that.

Where is this codified, that this is a thing??

Feels like some poor old guy who retired in the 80's is going to have to be called, because he's the only one who remembers where some dusty scroll from the 1800's is buried in the basement of the capitol, that is the only document explaining what to do in these situations.
Why would Congress get to decide? Shouldn't this be a simple matter of applicable state law?

cncmin

Reaction score
Why would Congress get to decide? Shouldn't this be a simple matter of applicable law?
Yes, assuming we go by the law, but there are some scenarios that play out in ways similar to the one MPLSG pointed out in the case of faithless electors.

It would help if we could trust our own Supreme Court to do the right thing, but there are now 6 RWers, 5 of whom are extreme RWers (and arguably three Trump toadies among them) who provide little confidence that they won't welcome the obscure loopholes the Trumpsters are trying to exploit.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Sadder than Powell claiming a server in Europe captured by special forces shows a Trump victory by millions of votes? Because that’s an actual thing.
It's always a secret server, isn't it? So secret that nobody ever sees it. They keep it in the same secret sanctuary with the secret evidence Trump claimed years ago proving Obama's birth certificate is fake. (Pardon me if I'm wrong and he actually produced that.)

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Yes, assuming we go by the law, but there are some scenarios that play out in ways similar to the one MPLSG pointed out in the case of faithless electors.

It would help if we could trust our own Supreme Court to do the right thing, but there are now 6 RWers, 5 of whom are extreme RWers (and arguably three Trump toadies among them) who give me little confidence that they won't welcome the obscure loopholes the Trumpsters are trying to exploit.
Which is where the PA case would go if it's appealed twice more...which I fully expect to happen. But the MI situation should be based on state law, which would never be referred to the SC.

cncmin

Reaction score
It's always a secret server, isn't it? So secret that nobody ever sees it. They keep it in the same secret sanctuary with the secret evidence Trump claimed years ago proving Obama's birth certificate is fake. (Pardon me if I'm wrong and he actually produced that.)
It's always false promises that never materialize, and yet the toadies never catch on to the scheme.

LesBolstad

Reaction score

Biden/Harris-24804
Trump/Pence-11851

Letting others live in your head is psychopathic and unhealthy Douchey. I win again.

Top Bottom