All Things Trump /GOP Coup

howeda7

Reaction score
This is total bunk, stop with this garbage. The two papers least likely to make gross errors in this country are, hands-down, the NYT and WaPo, who coincidentally also hire top-tier journalists with strong access to sources across our government. You are free not to like them given their liberal-slanted editorial pages (notably, conservatives are also employed by both), but they are certainly among the very best sources of actual, high-quality news in this country, if not THE two best. And in the rare occasion either of these two papers make mistakes, they own up to them and correct them.
In 2-world Zero Hedge >>>>>>>>>>> Fox News>>>>>>>>>>>>The Washington Post.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Slightly slanted opinion vs Fox news...you are a lost soul...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I’ve always said - CNN & MSNBC are no different than FOX News. From what I’ve seen, WaPo fits right in. If you think one of those extremes is far worse than the other then you are are simply biased toward the latter. Plain and simple. Don’t feel bad Wally, there are millions of others (on both sides) that have been duped just like you have.

Wally

Reaction score
I’ve always said - CNN & MSNBC are no different than FOX News. From what I’ve seen, WaPo fits right in. If you think one of those extremes is far worse than the other then you are are simply biased toward the latter. Plain and simple. Don’t feel bad Wally, there are millions of others (on both sides) that have been duped just like you have.

No.
You are equating slanted to straight up bullshit. I won't claim there isn't any straight up bullshit on the left, but WAPO and NY Times are not part of it.

I can't comment on MSNBC other than I heard it is extremely left.

My problem with all these Rightwing echochambers and scream fests is that they are a deliberate smokescreen for the things Republicans are doing. They hide behind this bullshit to push thru things that the vast majority of Americans don't support. They are on a neverending crusade to take away workers rights, destroy the government and shift the tax burden to the middle class.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
No.
You are equating slanted to straight up bullshit. I won't claim there isn't any straight up bullshit on the left, but WAPO and NY Times are not part of it.

I can't comment on MSNBC other than I heard it is extremely left.
I’m not surprised at all that you think that. I mentioned why in my post.
45CD8520-E6AE-4CAF-965F-4EC3E88523E2.jpeg

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
Spoof wins with the chart....based only on online content. 🙄. I would agree with that assessment for published online news.

The Real Fox influencers are their prime time opinion TV hosts who are extremely biased. There is no comparable in NewYork Times or WAPO.

I don't have a problem with bias if you have an honest discussion and not just outrage over bullshit.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
Spoof wins with the chart....based only on online content. 🙄. I would agree with that assessment for published online news.

The Real Fox influencers are their prime time opinion TV hosts who are extremely biased. There is no comparable in NewYork Times or WAPO.

I don't have a problem with bias if you have an honest discussion and not just outrage over bullshit.
Should I compare to WaPo's prime time opinion hosts? So much for apples to apples, I guess.
If you want to bring in opinion, fine --- you will note NYT, CNN, and FOX "opinion" all line up on that chart too. BOOM!

Wally

Reaction score
Should I compare to WaPo's prime time opinion hosts? So much for apples to apples, I guess.
If you want to bring in opinion, fine --- you will note NYT, CNN, and FOX "opinion" all line up on that chart too. BOOM!

Its only online content ie published.
Whatever...

Spoofin

Reaction score
Its only online content ie published.
Whatever...
You are talking in circles. I'm trying to compare apples to apples. As far as I know, WaPo doesn't have prime time opinion hosts or even a cable channel. As far as I know Fox doesn't have a print newspaper. I believe "online content" is exactly where they intersect so why not compare them there?

If you want to talk just 'opinion', then compare Fox News Opinion to CNN Opinion and NYT Opinion. In all these cases, they line up on this chart. You seem to be wanting to compare WaPo news to Fox Opinion instead of WaPo news to Fox News news. "whatever"

justthefacts

Reaction score
The big difference between Fox News and WaPo or NYT is that Fox News makes very little attempt to actually investigate and break stories themselves. Most of their online content is repeating news reported elsewhere.

Uranium One, Biden ties to Ukraine, Cuomo sexual harassment: all broken by the NYT.

howeda7

Reaction score
The big difference between Fox News and WaPo or NYT is that Fox News makes very little attempt to actually investigate and break stories themselves. Most of their online content is repeating news reported elsewhere.

Uranium One, Biden ties to Ukraine, Cuomo sexual harassment: all broken by the NYT.
Didn't they blow the lid of Suess-gate though? That's a bigger story than all those combined.

Spoofin

Reaction score

Maybe - however that isn't related at all to the discussion at hand. Not in the least. I'm actually wondering why you are bringing it up at all?

Wally

Reaction score
Maybe - however that isn't related at all to the discussion at hand. Not in the least. I'm actually wondering why you are bringing it up at all?

Because WAPO and NY Times spend massive amounts of money on reporters digging for stories. Fox spends tons of money on opinion hosts who spew bullshit. I guess you don't see the difference.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Because WAPO and NY Times spend massive amounts of money on reporters digging for stories. Fox spends tons of money on opinion hosts who spew bullshit. I guess you don't see the difference.
What I see is you moving the goal post again. We are having a debate on whether or not CNN/NYT/WaPo are equally as biased (to the left) as Fox News is (to the right). Why is it so hard for you to stay on topic (sigh)?

When I first present some evidence that disputes your claim you start arguing over "online" and "tv opinions" (sigh). When I try to enforce an apples to apples comparison I get something about a 'pumpkin' and then you and JTF start telling me about research into stories and close with "I guess you don't see t he difference" (sigh).

I see the difference and it has nothing to do with the argument. I also see you changing the subject every time I present data that contradicts your claim. What's next - a discussion over the colors of each media outlet? Can't you see the difference Wally?

Wally

Reaction score
We are having a debate on whether or not CNN/NYT/WaPo are equally as biased (to the left) as Fox News is (to the right). Why is it so hard for you to stay on topic (sigh)?

They aren't and its not close.
You choose to not account for Foxs most popular and influential shows and somehow you think that's fine.

Minnesota

Reaction score
What I see is you moving the goal post again. We are having a debate on whether or not CNN/NYT/WaPo are equally as biased (to the left) as Fox News is (to the right). Why is it so hard for you to stay on topic (sigh)?

When I first present some evidence that disputes your claim you start arguing over "online" and "tv opinions" (sigh). When I try to enforce an apples to apples comparison I get something about a 'pumpkin' and then you and JTF start telling me about research into stories and close with "I guess you don't see t he difference" (sigh).

I see the difference and it has nothing to do with the argument. I also see you changing the subject every time I present data that contradicts your claim. What's next - a discussion over the colors of each media outlet? Can't you see the difference Wally?

To the left and right of what, exactly?

Spoofin

Reaction score
They aren't and its not close.
You choose to not account for Foxs most popular and influential shows and somehow you think that's fine.
Not close, why? I provided data. You provide gut feel.

What about CNN’s most popular and influential shows? Your refusal to compare apples to apples is telling.... well, to everyone besides Howie I guess.

Wally

Reaction score
Not close, why? I provided data. You provide gut feel.

What about CNN’s most popular and influential shows? Your refusal to compare apples to apples is telling.... well, to everyone besides Howie I guess.

Have never watched an opinion show on CNN. Do they still go off on George W Bush daily like Fox does with Obama and Hillary?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Have never watched an opinion show on CNN. Do they still go off on George W Bush daily like Fox does with Obama and Hillary?
No. Waaaay to focused on Trump. I’ll let you know when that stops........

Wally

Reaction score

Would you say he is not the most powerful Republican? Would you say he has left politics for retirement?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Would you say he is not the most powerful Republican? Would you say he has left politics for retirement?
Let me know when you want to get back to our discussion.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Perhaps pointing out his continued hubris will help those who missed that Plot point in the first season.

RememberMurray

Reaction score

Spoof is now the self-appointed Trump Cop on the OTB.

Any mention of the man who was president 2016-2020 will immediately draw Spoof's ire.

Spoof, really, really, really hates it when anyone mentions Trump. Oh, and, please remember: Spoof never voted for Trump.

Top Bottom