All Things Trump /GOP Coup

Section2

Reaction score
The US Constitution or the fantasy Qanon constitution? Be specific. Because the mob who stormed the Capitol found something in some version of some constitution endorsing what they were doing.
Boogeymen on top of boogeymen. Q, white supremacy, white nationalism. They’re everywhere!!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
i guess the goal is to prevent him from running again, but if the country wants to elect him again, #democracy advocates should explain why they seek to subvert the will of the people.
What if the people wanted to elect him to a 3rd term?

Wally

Reaction score
1). Impeachment exists to remove someone from office that a large majority wants removed. Requiring 2/3 of the senate. It’s an emergency option when a vote can’t wait.
2). The best and preferred option to remove a bad president is an election.
Given that Trump is out of office, the entire purpose of this impeachment is outside it’s scope.
i guess the goal is to prevent him from running again, but if the country wants to elect him again, #democracy advocates should explain why they seek to subvert the will of the people.
Trump is now a private citizen. Not above the law.
I would prefer jail, but impeachment will have to do.

Wally

Reaction score

I wish they had opened fire on those storming the Capitol, I support business owners doing it to looters and arsonists and I support the Capitol police doing it.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I wish they had opened fire on those storming the Capitol, I support business owners doing it to looters and arsonists and I support the Capitol police doing it.
The last thing we need is another Boston Massacre creating a rallying cry of martyrdom among the crazies.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Notorious Leftist Org Federalist Society member writes piece in Notorious Leftist Site Daily Caller

Note the Editor's comment at the top of this and the corresponding counter point.

Steve Calabresi, a Northwestern Law Professor and former Reagan Administration political appointee, argues that Trump should be convicted by the Senate.

Scott Gerber, a law professor at Ohio Northern University, argues that the Senate should not convict the former president.

Ohio Northern ?

EDIT: alright, it is an accredited law school in Ohio. Something like Mitchell Hamline, I guess.

Top Bottom