All Things Trump /GOP Coup

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Here's the question and the thought exercise: putting aside laws and lawsuits and the constitution (because when you shoot the moon and try for an overthrow, you're not abiding by any laws or any courts), is there a real mechanism for doing these things? Again, regardles of the law? Is there a way to get faithless electors in place--human beings who will go to wherever the EC meets and be in a position to cast illegitimate ballots? If not, you have to wonder whether this whole ploy is a diversionary or delay tactic for something else.

I'm not going to say that what they're trying to accomplish is impossible, because nobody has stopped these people yet, but my gut tells me that their measures are going to have to get a whole lot more desperate and drastic to get this thing over the top.
I think you're really getting at/asking the same things I am wondering about.

What is the actual process for selecting an elector? What possible roadblocks are there for "blocking" the selection someone you suspect will be faithless?

If you're the GOP controlled state legislature in GA, PA, WI, etc. and you know ol' Johnny 2-incher would be happy to cast an electoral college vote for Trump even though he lost the state's popular vote ..... and there are absolutely no consequences of significance for Johnny to do so ......... what can go wrong, from your perspective in selecting him?

You're probably not going to get voted out, you're probably in a safe district anyway. The law can't really touch you, either in your official capacity or you personally. You were just doing what the law says you are to do and you didn't go against the law.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
As has already been said: our system is hopeless dependent on people "choosing to do the right thing, on their best honor", not because they're legally required to.

As with all things Trump, now is the time to see if people want to keep honoring the norms and traditions that held the union together for the first 244 years, or crack the F'er wide open.

If faithless electors manage to give the election to Trump, and the SC sides with him on the legal challenges to that: I'm done with the union, if that's what it takes. Don't really care if it's legal to secede. Sign me up.

Hope this is way overblown. We will see.

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

"Servers have been confiscated by our forces". There should be a large rubber room in Guantanamo reserved for these creeps.

Wally

Reaction score
Can Trump please die already, I am so sick of the pos.
Actully I want him to have a stroke and turn into one of the cripples he love to make fun of, THAT would be better than him dieing...

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Giuliani’s Rant About Suspicious Voting Was Based On A Massive Error: Mistaking vote counts in Minnesota for vote counts in Michigan

Rudy Giuliani’s epic rant in his latest wild news conference about suspicious voting in Michigan was based on a glaring mistake: President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer was complaining about vote counts in Minnesota districts, not in Michigan. That obliterated Giuliani’s claims Thursday of discrepancies in district populations and suspiciously large voter turnouts. The figures mangled overvote percentages by comparing the number of expected district votes in one state to the populations of completely unrelated districts in another state.

“In Michigan and Wisconsin, we have overvotes in numerous precincts of 150%, 200% and 300%,” Giuliani gloated in one of his imagined “gotcha” moments. The man in charge of Trump’s assault on election results also argued that there were more votes than voters in some districts — again, because he confused the states.

The erroneous numbers used by Giuliani and others on the legal team challenging presidential election results were based on an affidavit submitted — and already thrown out by one court — by self-proclaimed election fraud expert and failed Texas congressional candidate, Russ Ramsland, the Powerline blog first reported Thursday. “There are over 3,000 precincts [in Michigan] where the presidential vote cast compared to the estimated voters … is 99% all the way up to 350%,” Ramsland complained Tuesday to Lou Dobbs on Fox Business Network. “Where did all those votes come from?”

Clearly, they came from Minnesota. In one section of his affidavit, Ramsland listed as highly suspicious 100% voter turnouts he calculated in 25 districts in Detroit’s Wayne County, which went for Democrat Joe Biden. But all of the districts listed were actually in Minnesota.

Powerline suspects Ramsland may have confused the postal abbreviation for Minnesota (MN) with Michigan (MI).
CNN’s Jake Tapper quipped that the legal team was confused over two “M” states. It “certainly speaks to a lack of due diligence,” The Washington Post noted.

Even the numbers Ramsland referred to from Minnesota weren’t supported by official figures, and the affidavit was riddled with other errors, according to the Post. The erroneous numbers were submitted as part of a Trump campaign lawsuit in Georgia, which was rejected Thursday because it “lacked merit.”

Giuliani, the former mayor of New York City, scolded the news media Thursday for not carefully reading and reporting on affidavits submitted as part of the Trump campaign lawsuits, claiming they present evidence of fraud. “It’s your job to read these things and not falsely report that there’s no evidence,” Giuliani said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/giul...oter-fraud-mistake_n_5fb84237c5b680f7c38baebc

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score
Actully I want him to have a stroke and turn into one of the cripples he love to make fun of, THAT would be better than him dieing...
I'm good with letting him go hide in Russia for the rest of his life. He only has a few years left at best. Let him go be a coward and hide there. Just go.

mplarson7

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big Trump critic, and he has been my least favorite person in the world since about 2005...

That said, wishing this kind of thing on anyone isn't cool.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I'm a pretty big Trump critic, and he has been my least favorite person in the world since about 2005...

We do kill people, still in this country. Awful, awful people. People who rape/murder other people's wives and/or children, for example. I'm sure you share my sentiment that such people should be tortured in a public square before they're killed.

Is that Trump? I guess not, though he's responsible for the unnecessary deaths of many thousands of people, in one way or another, through gross incompetence, negligence, and indifference.

But anyway, it certainly isn't unheard of, to wish that on a person.

jamiche

Reaction score
The lawsuits aren't working. Blocking certification isn't working. Faithless electors appears to be highly unlikely. So what will Treasonous Donald (aided by the silence of Moscow Mitch et. al.) do next? I only see two choices at this point:

1. Try to negotiate a federal pardon from Biden (or Pence) and an agreement not to prosecute from the Manhattan DA in exchange for a peaceful, cooperative transition/resignation and two years of public silence; or

2. He calls out his "Militia Donalds" (don't shoot your dicks off tiny brain, craig, less, galty and melvin) and we have the biggest mess since the Civil War.

Donald is a horrible human being who is followed by his not so merry band of disease spreading deplorables.

cjbfbp

Reaction score

Giuliani’s Rant About Suspicious Voting Was Based On A Massive Error: Mistaking vote counts in Minnesota for vote counts in Michigan

Rudy Giuliani’s epic rant in his latest wild news conference about suspicious voting in Michigan was based on a glaring mistake: President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer was complaining about vote counts in Minnesota districts, not in Michigan. That obliterated Giuliani’s claims Thursday of discrepancies in district populations and suspiciously large voter turnouts. The figures mangled overvote percentages by comparing the number of expected district votes in one state to the populations of completely unrelated districts in another state.

“In Michigan and Wisconsin, we have overvotes in numerous precincts of 150%, 200% and 300%,” Giuliani gloated in one of his imagined “gotcha” moments. The man in charge of Trump’s assault on election results also argued that there were more votes than voters in some districts — again, because he confused the states.

The erroneous numbers used by Giuliani and others on the legal team challenging presidential election results were based on an affidavit submitted — and already thrown out by one court — by self-proclaimed election fraud expert and failed Texas congressional candidate, Russ Ramsland, the Powerline blog first reported Thursday. “There are over 3,000 precincts [in Michigan] where the presidential vote cast compared to the estimated voters … is 99% all the way up to 350%,” Ramsland complained Tuesday to Lou Dobbs on Fox Business Network. “Where did all those votes come from?”

Clearly, they came from Minnesota. In one section of his affidavit, Ramsland listed as highly suspicious 100% voter turnouts he calculated in 25 districts in Detroit’s Wayne County, which went for Democrat Joe Biden. But all of the districts listed were actually in Minnesota.

Powerline suspects Ramsland may have confused the postal abbreviation for Minnesota (MN) with Michigan (MI).
CNN’s Jake Tapper quipped that the legal team was confused over two “M” states. It “certainly speaks to a lack of due diligence,” The Washington Post noted.

Even the numbers Ramsland referred to from Minnesota weren’t supported by official figures, and the affidavit was riddled with other errors, according to the Post. The erroneous numbers were submitted as part of a Trump campaign lawsuit in Georgia, which was rejected Thursday because it “lacked merit.”

Giuliani, the former mayor of New York City, scolded the news media Thursday for not carefully reading and reporting on affidavits submitted as part of the Trump campaign lawsuits, claiming they present evidence of fraud. “It’s your job to read these things and not falsely report that there’s no evidence,” Giuliani said.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/giul...oter-fraud-mistake_n_5fb84237c5b680f7c38baebc
And, despite this sloppy and easily debunked idiocy, they'll keep repeating the line that numerous places in Michigan had greater than 100% turnout and more than half of their base will believe it because they want to believe it.

However, I do suspect that "self proclaimed fraud expert" Ramsland may well see a drop-off in his potential consulting engagements.

Wally

Reaction score

I would settle for him moving to Russia...

justthefacts

Reaction score
The lawsuits aren't working. Blocking certification isn't working. Faithless electors appears to be highly unlikely. So what will Treasonous Donald (aided by the silence of Moscow Mitch et. al.) do next? I only see two choices at this point:

1. Try to negotiate a federal pardon from Biden (or Pence) and an agreement not to prosecute from the Manhattan DA in exchange for a peaceful, cooperative transition/resignation and two years of public silence; or

2. He calls out his "Militia Donalds" (don't shoot your dicks off tiny brain, craig, less, galty and melvin) and we have the biggest mess since the Civil War.

Donald is a horrible human being who is followed by his not so merry band of disease spreading deplorables.
Maggie Haberman says that he knows he can't win and is just trying to give himself an excuse

cncmin

Reaction score
It's silly now. It's going to be downright funny when this failure of a coup is continued to be brought up. Especially when right wing elected officials who stayed silent or even worse....sided with Trump are brought up for reelection. It's great ammo for their opponent.
The Dems are too wussy and too stupid to use that ammunition. They have had decades worth of corruption and terrible policy with which to pound the GOP, and instead they always default to running on anit-racism. The Dems are failing themselves.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Beeg? 45? Ogee?
I never listen to Rush but I've seen similar videos before of pathetically distraught callers because of Democratic victories or perceived Republican failures. These people are ridiculous cry babies. Maybe if they experienced four landslide losses in five elections like Democratic voters did from 1972 through 1988 they'd be able to keep some perspective.

The tweet from Erik Erickson above is correct. These people mingle politics too much with religion, they can no longer emotionally separate the two, and they've become basket cases retreating into fantasy worlds.

Wally

Reaction score
The Dems are too wussy and too stupid to use that ammunition. They have had decades worth of corruption and terrible policy with which to pound the GOP, and instead they always default to running on anit-racism. The Dems are failing themselves.
Yes they don't play dirty like Republicans or I should say they don't do it well.

I would rather they get a good inspiring candidate with a positive vision for the future.

cncmin

Reaction score
I'm good with letting him go hide in Russia for the rest of his life. He only has a few years left at best. Let him go be a coward and hide there. Just go.
You're assuming he won't give them all of our secrets that he possibly can. Or perhaps you're assuming he's already done so.

cncmin

Reaction score
Yes they don't play dirty like Republicans or I should say they don't do it well.

I would rather they get a good inspiring candidate with a positive vision for the future.
They've been trying for decades to do that, when what they really need is a firebrand who fights back. Obama was about as positive a vision and about as clean a man as Americans could ask for, and the GOP immediately neutered him and took him out with dirty politics, damned be the rest of the country as they laid waste. Obama refused to fight back with the same level of mud, and that's part of why we are where we are.

Wally

Reaction score
You're assuming he won't give them all of our secrets that he possibly can. Or perhaps you're assuming he's already done so.
I don't care. How much do you think he can hold in that tiny brain?
🤣🤣🤣

cncmin

Reaction score
Maggie Haberman says that he knows he can't win and is just trying to give himself an excuse
That's what Maggie H. says. What does your gut say? Edward Norton is more likely correct - he knows he's going down the minute his title no longer protects him, and his desperate moves and the desperate moves of those close to him suggest they're in a whole lot of legal trouble once he cannot protect them. I suspect that entire cadre is a balloon of slime and blackmail, just waiting to be popped. People don't try that hard to hide things when they have nothing to hide.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

I’m not fully convinced that faithless electors has failed. The Michigan guys telling him to FO was nice though. Faith in the union restored, for now.

jamiche

Reaction score
I’m not fully convinced that faithless electors has failed. The Michigan guys telling him to FO was nice though. Faith in the union restored, for now.
My guess is that there will be 10-15 FE’s. A historically high and concerning number, but not enough to change the outcome.

Top Bottom