All Things Trump /GOP Coup

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
The bottom line is that the government was unable to protect the Capitol from attack and seems unable to punish the powerful people behind it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Howie is the king of finding anything off Twitter that fits his agenda and posting it. If it's on Twitter, it has to be true.
I don't believe I've ever interacted with you. The ignore button is right there. Use it.

howeda7

Reaction score
I just came to this thread to post this. Unbelievable. This ought to be way more than enough for Republican Senators to convict Trump, but we know they won't.

Heck, the board's Republicans won't even admit this is bad
Of course Trumpsters agree that the Antifa / Lincoln Project attack on the capitol was bad! TDS!

Section2

Reaction score
I just came to this thread to post this. Unbelievable. This ought to be way more than enough for Republican Senators to convict Trump, but we know they won't.

Heck, the board's Republicans won't even admit this is bad
What is the purpose of impeachment? Why does it exist?

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Howie is the king of finding anything off Twitter that fits his agenda and posting it. If it's on Twitter, it has to be true.
Why does that bother you?

Would you rather he copy and paste the text of the Tweet, as if he was posting it as his own words? You are free to post any Tweet you want that presents a counter-argument stance.

justthefacts

Reaction score

To hold accountable officials who commit political crimes and prevent them from running for office again.

Article 1, Section 3

"Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law."

Your argument can be summarized as, "the President is above the law for 2 months if he loses re-election"

All of this is beside the point, though. I see you completely avoided my point in your response, and thus bolstered it. Can you admit that when the Acting Secretary of Defense prevents the National Guard from protecting the Capitol when it is quite clear violence is likely, it is a scandal?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
If there was a safe harbor date beyond which a President could not be held responsible for crimes in office, it probably should have been specified. Apparently those last few hours he’s above the law.

howeda7

Reaction score
Insurrectionist Trumpsters filled with jealousy...

Section2

Reaction score
If there was a safe harbor date beyond which a President could not be held responsible for crimes in office, it probably should have been specified. Apparently those last few hours he’s above the law.
1). Impeachment exists to remove someone from office that a large majority wants removed. Requiring 2/3 of the senate. It’s an emergency option when a vote can’t wait.
2). The best and preferred option to remove a bad president is an election.
Given that Trump is out of office, the entire purpose of this impeachment is outside it’s scope.
i guess the goal is to prevent him from running again, but if the country wants to elect him again, #democracy advocates should explain why they seek to subvert the will of the people.
Trump is now a private citizen. Not above the law.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Cite the constitution.
The US Constitution or the fantasy Qanon constitution? Be specific. Because the mob who stormed the Capitol found something in some version of some constitution endorsing what they were doing.

Top Bottom