All Things Trump /GOP Coup

scools12

Reaction score
Any further questions about what Fox "News" has an an agenda?
Unlike CNN, MSNBC, ABC “News”, NBC “News”, CBS “ News”, Washington Post and NY Times who have absolutely no agenda. 🙄

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Did the folks at OAN find the secret election server stolen by Delta Force from the CIA stronghold in Spain?
There is a difference between having a lens and fantasy.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Did the folks at OAN find the secret election server stolen by Delta Force from the CIA strong in Spain?
There is a difference between having a lens and fantasy.
It's a story/content to sell to an audience that wants to consume it. It's performance art and/or theater, in a sense.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Even if (when) Biden is inaugurated, we face a long-term domestic terror threat--sort of a smoldering civil cold war.
If there's going to be a long-term guerilla civil war, it's going to have to be funded by someone. When the time comes, follow the money.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
As Bad Gopher stated above: If there's going to be a long-term guerilla civil war, it's going to have to be funded by someone. When the time comes, follow the money.

Yes.

-----------------------------

"Don't make me so angry that I'm forced to hit you again!"
— The song of the serial abuser.

According to some Republican lawmakers, if the Democrats (along with some Republicans) even attempt impeachment, and ask Pence and the Cabinet to implement the 25th, there will be violent uprisings and it will be the Democrats (and some Republicans) who will responsible for that — not the insurrectionists.

In short: if we don't do as they say, they will strike at us.

That leaves us with two choices:

1) Do as the abusers tell us, from fear.

2) Prepare for conflict.

Those are two horrible choices, but clearly there is only one reasonable response.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If there's going to be a long-term guerilla civil war, it's going to have to be funded by someone. When the time comes, follow the money.
If you're talking about militias armed with AR15 or similar rifles, modified with larger capacity magazines and homemade conversions to (mostly) automatic firing, then I don't see why this holds.

Group of 10-15 guys, ex-military, with these rifles (designed for one purpose: maximize fatality rate), can do a hell of a lot of damage. You never know where they'll pop up, and who they'll strike. Civilians as targets -- incite terror, make people afraid to live their lives. Etc.

They just need to organize a time and place, using an encrypted messaging app (like Signal), and they already own the rifles and the ammo. Show up here, and start shooting.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
If you're talking about militias armed with AR15 or similar rifles, modified with larger capacity magazines and homemade conversions to (mostly) automatic firing, then I don't see why this holds.

Group of 10-15 guys, ex-military, with these rifles (designed for one purpose: maximize fatality rate), can do a hell of a lot of damage. You never know where they'll pop up, and who they'll strike. Civilians as targets -- incite terror, make people afraid to live their lives. Etc.

They just need to organize a time and place, using an encrypted messaging app (like Signal), and they already own the rifles and the ammo. Show up here, and start shooting.
Horrific.

In the end, though... what do they gain? Certainly they will have, by those actions, destroyed all hope of ever gaining office via the ballot. If they do indeed pursue pure evil/terrorism as a strategy, their only remaining avenue to power would be a complete military conquest.

That seems like an unlikely outcome.

Not that these people have shown many signs of the ability to plan with an ultimate goal in mind, or considering possible consequences of their actions, or even of the ability to form rational thoughts.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

Where I'm coming from is that anyone involved in that effort needs food, shelter, living expenses--all presumably without a full-time job if they're going to devote sufficient time to the revolution. Multiplied by the number of people we're talking about, that's a significant bankroll.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Where I'm coming from is that anyone involved in that effort needs food, shelter, living expenses--all presumably without a full-time job if they're going to devote sufficient time to the revolution. Multiplied by the number of people we're talking about, that's a significant bankroll.
Well, Mpls is pointing out that it wouldn't take very many well-armed domestic terrorists to cause a considerable amount of destruction and mayhem, and he's right.

But in the long run, that's something Americans have been watching, with horror, for a long time now. That sort of thing now seems to have been woven permanently into our American way of life. Domestic terrorism in America is nothing new.

That being said, the idea of a highly-disciplined, well-trained wing nut militia, acting in synch and with a central chain of command, would bring things to a new and even more terrifying level.

Last edited:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I see what you're saying, and it is a valid point.

I guess at the end of the day, my point is simply that: none of the people who traveled to D.C. to protest (and perhaps had more nefarious plans before the fact), expected to be paid for the "day's work".

People who are this passionate (*cough*mentally ill*cough*) could very well fight a whole war and never expect to be paid for their efforts.

Yes, they still need to be fed, sheltered, and equipped. But, it all depends on what levels of "warfare" they're willing to accept.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
It must be said that (I think) it was Cruz's public contact info from his web site, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't conspiring with this particular individual. That said, I would not be surprised to find back-channel communications between lawmakers and revolt leadership.

Top Bottom