All Things Trump Conflicts of Interest Thread

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
So the argument is over whether one specific action constitutes a conflict of interest. Yes or no? How is my position a pretzel? I’m saying it’s not, straight up. You can’t get a more simple argument.
Jake tried to argue the definition and failed. And the rest of you bring up other examples, but I’m not seeing an argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stop covering your eyes with your hands.[emoji52]

jamiche

Reaction score
So the argument is over whether one specific action constitutes a conflict of interest. Yes or no? How is my position a pretzel? I’m saying it’s not, straight up. You can’t get a more simple argument.
Jake tried to argue the definition and failed. And the rest of you bring up other examples, but I’m not seeing an argument.

I’m not seeing gravity, so it doesn’t exist. Just because an apple falls from a tree doesn’t mean that’s gravity because I can’t see why it’s falling.
I’m not seeing air, so it doesn’t exist. Just because I can breathe doesn’t mean I’m surrounded by air.
Deuce and his absurdities.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
I’m not seeing gravity, so it doesn’t exist. Just because an apple falls from a tree doesn’t mean that’s gravity because I can’t see why it’s falling.
I’m not seeing air, so it doesn’t exist. Just because I can breathe doesn’t mean I’m surrounded by air.
Deuce and his absurdities.....

If Trump is the worst ever, and the corruption rampant, and a pawn of Putin, I would think I wouldn’t see people dig in so hard on a $50k hotel bill.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
If Trump is the worst ever, and the corruption rampant, and a pawn of Putin, I would think I wouldn’t see people dig in so hard on a $50k hotel bill.

You are snowballing. Roll it back.

howeda7

Reaction score

Self dealing with his his own companies is a conflict of interest. The amount doesn't matter. The fact that any one instance doesn't seem worthy of outrage is beside the point. He's profiting millions off of his own election. We used to care about this. You used to care about this. But he's exempt from every norm. So refreshing. What a boss.

howeda7

Reaction score

This is your BS excuse to defend him from everything. "So much he does wrong, how dare you discuss this!" Meanwhile you defend him daily.

jamiche

Reaction score

I didn't realize there was a price point in the corruption discussion and that you were the one who was allowed to set it.

cncmin

Reaction score

Your argument can be summarized like this:

1. DJT and his cronies are stealing from the taxpayers.
2. DJT and his cronies are using their position of power to profit.
3. Both of these are OK, because I love him.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score

Yes one action can constitute a conflict of interest, and in this case it is clear and obvious he is using his position to profit. I don't really think that is arguable. Do you agree him doing this over and over constitutes a conflict of interest?

Section2

Reaction score
Self dealing with his his own companies is a conflict of interest. The amount doesn't matter. The fact that any one instance doesn't seem worthy of outrage is beside the point. He's profiting millions off of his own election. We used to care about this. You used to care about this. But he's exempt from every norm. So refreshing. What a boss.
No, we've never cared about the travel and expense of presidents, except as a partisan attack. I'm sure there were complaints here about Obama's many vacations and how much it cost from the right, and a lot of who cares on the left.

Which hotel he stays at does not represent a conflict of interest, based on the lengthy explanation of what a conflict of interest includes on wikipedia. It's not at anyone else's expense. If it's not worse for the general public or the taxpayer, then I don't care.

Section2

Reaction score
Yes one action can constitute a conflict of interest, and in this case it is clear and obvious he is using his position to profit. I don't really think that is arguable. Do you agree him doing this over and over constitutes a conflict of interest?
I think that his trips to mar a lago constitute a conflict of interest. I think any one action could be a conflict of interest as well. This particular visit and stay could be a conflict of interest. But not based on the info that's been provided.

bigticket1

Reaction score
No, we've never cared about the travel and expense of presidents, except as a partisan attack. I'm sure there were complaints here about Obama's many vacations and how much it cost from the right, and a lot of who cares on the left.

Which hotel he stays at does not represent a conflict of interest, based on the lengthy explanation of what a conflict of interest includes on wikipedia. It's not at anyone else's expense. If it's not worse for the general public or the taxpayer, then I don't care.
So on average, how many vacation trips/weekend jaunts did the Obama family take during a calendar year ? Include any separate trips his children took that involved travel and extra Secret Service protection. How does that compare to what the Trump families did in a year's time ?

Section2

Reaction score
Your argument can be summarized like this:

1. DJT and his cronies are stealing from the taxpayers.
2. DJT and his cronies are using their position of power to profit.
3. Both of these are OK, because I love him.
straw men are easy to knock down

Section2

Reaction score
So on average, how many vacation trips/weekend jaunts did the Obama family take during a calendar year ? Include any separate trips his children took that involved travel and extra Secret Service protection. How does that compare to what the Trump families did in a year's time ?
I don't know. I wasn't on here complaining about Obama's trips.

Section2

Reaction score
I didn't realize there was a price point in the corruption discussion and that you were the one who was allowed to set it.
I'm not. I'm pointing out that if Trump is literally destroying the country, maybe the $50k tab isn't worth your effort.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I think that his trips to mar a lago constitute a conflict of interest. I think any one action could be a conflict of interest as well. This particular visit and stay could be a conflict of interest. But not based on the info that's been provided.
Fair enough, I appreciate your honesty.

stocker08

Reaction score
The Trumpettes are fine with the taxpayers funding his lavish expenses. Just another example of how they are massive hypocrites.

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

howeda7

Reaction score
Trump is playing 3D chess and you guys are playing checkers! MAGA!

I'm glad we come down on Congressman for insider trading. But then we go and let Trump do his grifting right out in the open and do nothing. I guess it's what Mr. Jefferson would have wanted.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
I'm glad we come down on Congressman for insider trading. But then we go and let Trump do his grifting right out in the open and do nothing. I guess it's what Mr. Jefferson would have wanted.
We have no expectations of President Pu$$y Grabbing, Russian Collusion, Bank Fraud. We just hope he doesn’t steal all the gold from Fort Knox.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
You guys he's doing such a good job you just have to forgive all his transgressions. Only true christians understand.

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Section2

Reaction score
I wish we could decide if he's only president to make money, or if being president is actually costing him money. The evidence seems to point toward the latter.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Last edited:

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
The MIC is very powerful and if they want to sell weapons to the Saudi's so they can keep poking the bee hive (Iran) they will not let Trump stop them.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Top Bottom