All Things Trump Conflicts of Interest Thread

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
The only thing the CDC is good for is vaccine information sheets.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
They provide the vaccine information sheets. Saves me from having to go chat with every single patient we provide vaccines for. Other than that, I don't like the CDC.

cncmin

Reaction score
They provide the vaccine information sheets. Saves me from having to go chat with every single patient we provide vaccines for. Other than that, I don't like the CDC.
Thanks, but that's not what you said. You said "The only thing the CDC is good for is vaccine information sheets."

Is that meant to be accepted on a literal level, or hyperbole?

I know some NIOSH workers (scientists). They are talented and work hard and are proud of their work. That said, I don't know all that much about NIOSH (or the CDC).

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but that's not what you said. You said "The only thing the CDC is good for is vaccine information sheets."

Is that meant to be accepted on a literal level, or hyperbole?
That is the only thing they are good for. (In my opinion)

Is that better?

cncmin

Reaction score
That is the only thing they are good for. (In my opinion)

Is that better?
My guess is that, like most government-sponsored programs, they do a lot of behind-the-scenes work that ends up manifesting itself in private and public industry in ways in which most people have no idea how it got there. This can be said of much of our entire National Laboratory scene, in which fundamental scientific work is performed so that others can use that work and run with it to expand technology and create business.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
My guess is that, like most government-sponsored programs, they do a lot of behind-the-scenes work that ends up manifesting itself in private and public industry in ways in which most people have no idea how it got there. This can be said of much of our entire National Laboratory scene, in which fundamental scientific work is performed so that others can use that work and run with it to expand technology and create business.
The CDC has expanded way past it's original scope. It is corrupt like most things run by the government and is a waste of time and money. Unfortunately I side closer with S2 when it comes to the CDC.

GopherJake

Reaction score
The CDC has expanded way past it's original scope. It is corrupt like most things run by the government and is a waste of time and money. Unfortunately I side closer with S2 when it comes to the CDC.
I don’t know much about it either. Are you saying you would eliminate “nurture” types of diseases from its purview? Or non-communicable? I would be very interested in your perspective, since you are in the industry and usually are able to provide understandable- and legitimate- backing evidence for your view.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Alright, alright. In all honesty the CDC does do a lot of good. But (in my opinion cnc) they have grown too large and have forced their way into areas they shouldn't be. They started out to help control Malaria and now have expanded their scope to noncommunicable diseases, injuries and even occupational health if I remember correctly. Like most government programs they wanted more and more funding so found ways to get it and now their scope far exceeds their original point of existence. Maybe you are ok with that but I'm not. They have just become another corrupt government program that takes money and then makes recommendations. Some of their recommendations have great science and statistics behind them but a lot do not and (in my opinion again cnc) they likely made those recommendations because they were lobbied to make them.

I like the CDC for some of the research they do and when diseases like Zika and Ebola have outbreaks. Most of what they do though is garbage. Well besides the VIS, those are bomb.

cncmin

Reaction score
Alright, alright. In all honesty the CDC does do a lot of good. But (in my opinion cnc) they have grown too large and have forced their way into areas they shouldn't be. They started out to help control Malaria and now have expanded their scope to noncommunicable diseases, injuries and even occupational health if I remember correctly. Like most government programs they wanted more and more funding so found ways to get it and now their scope far exceeds their original point of existence. Maybe you are ok with that but I'm not. They have just become another corrupt government program that takes money and then makes recommendations. Some of their recommendations have great science and statistics behind them but a lot do not and (in my opinion again cnc) they likely made those recommendations because they were lobbied to make them.

I like the CDC for some of the research they do and when diseases like Zika and Ebola have outbreaks. Most of what they do though is garbage. Well besides the VIS, those are bomb.
Thank you for the response and I cannot agree nor disagree since I do not have direct experiences nor the knowledge base in this issue to formulate a proper opinion. My experiences with the situation go toward safety requirement and efforts at my own workplace(s), which are a combination of good and bad.

You continue to call "most of [their work] garbage". Perhaps you are correct; and yet, like Rick Perry who called the DOE similar names before he became the DOE head and realized the important work the DOE does; perhaps you don't know enough about them. I don't know. But you continue to make bold opinions based on little factual explanation; at least you are calling them opinions now, thank you :)

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the response and I cannot agree nor disagree since I do not have direct experiences nor the knowledge base in this issue to formulate a proper opinion. My experiences with the situation go toward safety requirement and efforts at my own workplace(s), which are a combination of good and bad.
That's fine, this is purely my opinion. Having conversations with other pharmacists and MDs here in the hospital I'm not alone in my opinion. I don't have time today but I can provide specific examples, I don't think a few will change anyone's mind. You do kind of make my point for me though when you say your workplace, they should not have influence in occupational health. I guess unless you work in a lab that deals with communicable disease research that is.

cncmin

Reaction score
That's fine, this is purely my opinion. Having conversations with other pharmacists and MDs here in the hospital I'm not alone in my opinion. I don't have time today but I can provide specific examples, I don't think a few will change anyone's mind. You do kind of make my point for me though when you say your workplace, they should not have influence in occupational health. I guess unless you work in a lab that deals with communicable disease research that is.
There is plenty in this with which I can agree. Thanks for sharing. If you can get into deals, I'd like to listen.

Section2

Reaction score

You continue to call "most of [their work] garbage". Perhaps you are correct; and yet, like Rick Perry who called the DOE similar names before he became the DOE head and realized the important work the DOE does; perhaps you don't know enough about them. I don't know. But you continue to make bold opinions based on little factual explanation; at least you are calling them opinions now, thank you :)
Perhaps Rick Perry's change had less to with a sudden realization of the important work the DOE does, and more because it gave him power.

BB is exactly right, btw.

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

justthefacts

Reaction score

howeda7

Reaction score
I'm shocked...that they didn't 'donate' it to the Trump "I didn't collude believe me" defense fund that they set up.

justthefacts

Reaction score

justthefacts

Reaction score

cncmin

Reaction score
this isn't twitter. please stop spamming the board with nothing but links to tweets.
this isn't the Adam Smith fanboard. please stop spamming the board with nothing but ridiculous theory-only ideology.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Did they mention how money was kicked back to Trump? Maybe one of Trumps homes was purchased for $26 million over its value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justthefacts

Reaction score
this isn't twitter. please stop spamming the board with nothing but links to tweets.
The thread is All Things Trump's Conflicts of Interest. Trump and his appointees have a lot of conflicts of interest. The kind of conflicts of interest that might actually bother people if a different person were in the White House.

cncmin

Reaction score
The thread is All Things Trump's Conflicts of Interest. Trump and his appointees have a lot of conflicts of interest. The kind of conflicts of interest that might actually bother people if a different person were in the White House.
Any single one of these very many gross conflicts of interest should bother the populace, and would bother the whole populace if Fox News/RW media wasn't busy brainwashing the toadies into hurting their own interests.

As a sidenote, I love how the old and dying and senile get to control the direction of the country for those younger who must live in the messes they create; or that gerrymandering has created a system where the representatives do not even close to represent the populace. The system is broken: result = Trump + Republicans = autocratic, terribly corrupt government and a rapid loss of American power both domestically and globally.

Section2

Reaction score
Right, and the kind of conflicts that wouldn’t bother you if a different person were in the White House.
I’m only objecting to your near exclusive use of twitter in place of posting your own thoughts.

stocker08

Reaction score
Right, and the kind of conflicts that wouldn’t bother you if a different person were in the White House.
I’m only objecting to your near exclusive use of twitter in place of posting your own thoughts.

So we probably should ban powerling blog, media matters, drudge, gateway pundits, etc.

Sure hope you've never linked to any of those, hypocrite2.

Section2

Reaction score
So we probably should ban powerling blog, media matters, drudge, gateway pundits, etc.

Sure hope you've never linked to any of those, hypocrite2.
I don’t object at all to links. I object to only posting tweets, over and over and over. Twitter is my favorite, but he’s turning the board into his twitter feed. He can ignore me if likes. Just my opinion.

stocker08

Reaction score
I don’t object at all to links. I object to only posting tweets, over and over and over. Twitter is my favorite, but he’s turning the board into his twitter feed. He can ignore me if likes. Just my opinion.

Boo hoo. You don't like his tweets that paint your hero in a bad light. Until you start complaining about the EXTREME right wing links posted by your cronies....then you should quit with the whining.

Section2

Reaction score
Boo hoo. You don't like his tweets that paint your hero in a bad light. Until you start complaining about the EXTREME right wing links posted by your cronies....then you should quit with the whining.
Typically, you were unable to decipher what I wrote.

Top Bottom