All Things Townhall Meetings

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
From your earlier post: He was referring to the case rate, not the death rate. He was factually and statistically correct about each, using UK‘s and EU’s lowest to present numbers and US‘s peak to present.
That is statistically misleading. Either you compare lowest to present for all or peak to present for all, If you want to have an accurate comparison.
No. You consistently describe the CURRENT TREND.

howeda7

Reaction score
No. I’m pretty sure he knew exactly what was coming. It’s just sad that these people call themselves journalists when they are in fact political operatives.
So you whined it was an ambush, but he also knew it was coming? Brilliant! Do you know what ambush means?

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
It really is amazing the level of hatred that many have for Trump and the unwillingness or inability to just act professional for 60 minutes. Ask the tough questions then let him hang himself with his need to be a blowhard. Instead the "girl next door" on the morning show acted unhinged the whole time.
She may be the "girl next door" at NBC, but everyone at NBC knew how creepy Matt Lauer was, and they let it go on for years. Savannah Guthrie then acts so surprised regarding his actions, after it came out.

bga1

Reaction score
You Tube viewers 190K for Trump 20K for Biden...:)

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Weak! Sad!

That's surprising, even to me--considering how people love a good reality TV trainwreck. You'd think people would tune in just for the trains running into each other.

I can only claim to have watched a couple minutes of each broadcast. What I saw was Trump arguing with or ranting against one of the people in the audience who'd asked him a question. I heard Joe say that cops should shoot 'em in the leg instead of shoot to kill.

howeda7

Reaction score
That's surprising, even to me--considering how people love a good reality TV trainwreck. You'd think people would tune in just for the trains running into each other.

I can only claim to have watched a couple minutes of each broadcast. What I saw was Trump arguing with or ranting against one of the people in the audience who'd asked him a question. I heard Joe say that cops should shoot 'em in the leg instead of shoot to kill.
It seems way too low for both to be honest. Regular ratings later today.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Also, for the first 24 minutes of a one-hour "townhall" event, the moderator didn't even let anyone else ask a question.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Did Trump really retweet Qanon? What's the big deal about Qanon anyway? Qanon posts links to news sites, tweets & asks riddles. There's nothing racist about it. Nothing violent about it. Most Democrats I know claim it's just some dork in his basement pranking conservatives. So, why this level of coverage & concern? Doesn't add up.

BLM are burning our cities, Antifa are assassinating people & attacking govt institutions, Big Tech is openly censoring the news & free speech a la USSR, China or North Korea, & teachers are refusing to educate unless their radical political demands are met....but the left believe Qanon & the Boogaloo Boys are the real threat? It just doesn't add up.
I love this. The guy who undoubtedly believes in QAnon downplaying it. Trump has broken you, dude. You aren’t even a good troll at this point lol.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
How is comparing the lowest to the present for one country then comparing the peak to present in another showing current trends?
It’s pretty simple. The US hit its highest point of cases in July. Since then to present it’s down over 20% (while testing has gone up significantly btw). Since the UK hit its lowest point, it’s up to present by 2500%.

Are they exact comparisons? No. But using same dates wouldn’t be an exact comparison either b/c of the dynamics of the circumstances.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using high point to low point and vice versa as a comparison. It is not a misrepresentation. It is not a complete picture, but that would be unrealistic to present.

The media routinely uses similar type of comparisons to hammer the Trump Administration. You just don’t like it b/c it doesn’t reflect poorly on our current circumstances in the US.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Make sense of this. We had 2 in-person allegedly town hall appearances last night.

But no way we could have one in-person town hall with both candidates? SMH

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Trump was awful last night. He's lost every general election debate he's participated in, according to the polls. It's no surprise he was terrible last night.

Watching him leave the White House for the last time in 3 months will be wonderful.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
It is curious how Biden was exposed to COVID in his plane, yet didn't quarantine and showed up in person at the scripted townhall; but if Trump was also going to be on the stage they demanded that it be held virtually and that no one could be on the stage. And, at the same time, it was fine by NBC to have Trump show up live in person. Why did Team Biden, which obviously includes the "non-biased" debate commission, require an only virtual debate when it was fine for potentially infected Hiden to be there, and Trump to be live on NBC.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Poor Don didn't know what he was getting into! He's never been on NBC before. Ambush!

Whine louder.
At least you admit that the MSM is biased. This is a start for you. Maybe there is hope for you yet.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It is curious how Biden was exposed to COVID in his plane, yet didn't quarantine and showed up in person at the scripted townhall; but if Trump was also going to be on the stage they demanded that it be held virtually and that no one could be on the stage. And, at the same time, it was fine by NBC to have Trump show up live in person. Why did Team Biden, which obviously includes the "non-biased" debate commission, require an only virtual debate when it was fine for potentially infected Hiden to be there, and Trump to be live on NBC.
Because the other guy showed up to the last debate infected and untested.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Because the other guy showed up to the last debate infected and untested.
False and false, but that's standard for your posts. Even so, why was Biden who was exposed to COVID just recently allowed to show up in person for the scripted event, where Trump who was well beyond the CDC time period for being possibly contagious was told he couldn't attend in person?

justthefacts

Reaction score
False and false, but that's standard for your posts. Even so, why was Biden who was exposed to COVID just recently allowed to show up in person for the scripted event, where Trump who was well beyond the CDC time period for being possibly contagious was told he couldn't attend in person?
What evidence do you have to say he had tested negative? He was positive two days later and refuses to answer when he last tested negative before the debate.

Top Bottom