All Things Townhall Meetings

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
In all honesty, Trump is shallow on details and explanations. Biden gives non-sensical wandering answers with details and stories that leave you scratching your head.

But Trump has a record of success. Biden doesn’t. Trump says what he means. Nobody knows what Biden means after he says it.

jamiche

Reaction score
It really is amazing the level of hatred that many have for Trump and the unwillingness or inability to just act professional for 60 minutes. Ask the tough questions then let him hang himself with his need to be a blowhard. Instead the "girl next door" on the morning show acted unhinged the whole time.
She wasn't going to let him get away with his continuous lies. Sorry, that's the truth.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
In all honesty, Trump is shallow on details and explanations. Biden gives non-sensical wandering answers with details and stories that leave you scratching your head.

But Trump has a record of success. Biden doesn’t. Trump says what he means. Nobody knows what Biden means after he says it.
When you have maybe 5 minutes to answer, and you are continually getting interrupted by the "moderator", it's pretty hard to get into detailed explanations. It'd be nice to have a totally different format where there can be detailed discussions. Look for Trump to do another Rush show, where there are two to three hours for him to talk. And look for Hiden to go back into his bunker, where he won't have to talk.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The truth? Trump lies more than any President in history and has spent 4 years lying to the media and calling them enemies of people, and encouraging his supporters to be hostile to them.

Despite that, NBC coddled him and let him stroke his ego and make sure not too many people would watch Biden even though he's the who pitched a fit and pulled out of the debate.

Cry me a freaking river.
Ummm.... you might want to check today's news. Trump was right to pull out --- but we all know you don't care about a fair playing field. It's all worth it to get rid of the guy you don't like.

Wally

Reaction score
Biden is trying to thread the needle on energy. He lying through his teeth. Fracking will be killed. He’s trying to get people to believe that their will be lots of Green New Deal jobs that will replace fossil fuel jobs. That’s bull. And costs will go through the roof
You have NO idea, quit pretending like you do.

golfing18now

Reaction score

Biden is too much of a politician and Trump isn't enough of one. Biden answers questions solely based on where the wind is blowing at that particular time. (quiet on riots for months and then all of a sudden Mr. Law and Order). Trump knew the most logical questions coming his way tonight but whether he is too proud or too stubborn wasn't prepared with good answers.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
When you have maybe 5 minutes to answer, and you are continually getting interrupted by the "moderator", it's pretty hard to get into detailed explanations. It'd be nice to have a totally different format where there can be detailed discussions. Look for Trump to do another Rush show, where there are two to three hours for him to talk. And look for Hiden to go back into his bunker, where he won't have to talk.
Trump touched on it, but he didn’t point out the precedent of a united Executive branch and Senate in getting a SC Justice confirmed. He only mentioned the 29 times a President nominated. I didn’t have a problem with pointing out the Kavanaugh treatment, but it was weak if you don’t point out the precedent. Trump needs to be more concise and clean in his answers. He needs to persuade undecideds.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Biden NOW says voters have the right to know whether he supports court packing, but won’t answer the question now b/c “it depends on how they handle it” (meaning the ACB advise/consent). While he also says the nomination shouldn’t proceed b/c “people are voting now“.

So don’t the people voting now deserve to know whether Biden would support court packing?

Biden logic. Confused.
I tuned in to see Biden say he's going to build a battery the size of about 2'x3'x3' (he showed the size with his hands) that will power a house for five days (right...), he's going to give every new homebuyer $15,000 (which means the price of starter homes will just rise by $15,000), he's going to use the gov't to take more farmland out of production and put in "deep root" plants to absorb carbon, that the gov't is going to refurbish some massive number of people's homes, and that he's going to get rid of oil and coal.
I'd love to think people can see throught this crap, but unfortunately, GH is proof that there are a large number of folks that just don't have the capacity to. Feed them what ever you want and they just eat it all up. The inability of folks to think for themselves is what is wrong with society. The liberals exploit it like champs.

Wally

Reaction score
Please play me a video of Trump going into details on ANYTHING ever. Lets see it!!!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Ever watch a Bears or Vikings game? There is a fourth network, and it has nationwide coverage, Cable networks up the wazoo.

Wally

Reaction score
I'd love to think people can see throught this crap, but unfortunately, GH is proof that there are a large number of folks that just don't have the capacity to. Feed them what ever you want and they just eat it all up. The inability of folks to think for themselves is what is wrong with society. The liberals exploit it like champs.
Lol. No one is eating up any of that. I am happy he even cares about it, step one.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Biden is too much of a politician and Trump isn't enough of one. Biden answers questions solely based on where the wind is blowing at that particular time. (quiet on riots for months and then all of a sudden Mr. Law and Order). Trump knew the most logical questions coming his way tonight but whether he is too proud or too stubborn wasn't prepared with good answers.
I agree to an extent. I don’t think his answers are totally unsatisfactory. Certainly, his demeanor and tone were very good. Frankly, a lot of people make up their mind on that b/c they don’t understand the answers.

There are a lot of people who think that someone is an expert b/c they appear to know a lot and talk fluently on a subject, but may very well be full of shit.

More detail from Trump would help his cause. Overall, I’m good with what Trump did, but thought he could’ve helped himself more. Guthrie did as much to help Trump as Trump though.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Biden NOW says voters have the right to know whether he supports court packing, but won’t answer the question now b/c “it depends on how they handle it” (meaning the ACB advise/consent). While he also says the nomination shouldn’t proceed b/c “people are voting now“.
Seriously!? And George just let him walk away from the issue with that. Is there any doubt as to how the republicans are going to vote? Even so, George, if he wasn't a die-hard life long Democrat, should have said the obvious. "If her nomination is approved, which everyone seems to be in agreement she will, then what is your answer?". Contrast that with the hatchet woman interrupting Trump every time in every response he gave.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Ever watch a Bears or Vikings game? There is a fourth network, and it has nationwide coverage, Cable networks up the wazoo.
Cable news is a completely different animal. People generally watch the networks far more than cable news. I would agree that Fox network would be an option, but it would be viewed as a home field advantage, even if not true.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
The ABC town hall was a joke. Lots more Dems asking questions. Passive challenging by GS. George says “let me press you on that”. Guthrie didn’t ask, she attacked everything Trump said.

Biden wasn’t challenged on lies and nobody asked about Hunter.
I did catch one question where the mother of a transgender child said something along the lines of Trump is evil what are you going to stop this monster that's terrorizing my child. It was like an SNL spoof on a townhall.

golfing18now

Reaction score
She wasn't going to let him get away with his continuous lies. Sorry, that's the truth.
I think it would have been fair for her to follow up a couple of his responses with questions, but she kept talking over him. In most of the responses I watched, he didn't provide much content. The comment whether or not experts were predicting a 42 percent or 20 percent unemployment is not important. The obsession with masks is the same line of questioning he faced about mandatory lockdowns. The ongoing epidemic is not being fueled by South Dakota not having a mask mandate. On and on....

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I did catch one question where the mother of a transgender child said something along the lines of Trump is evil what are you going to stop this monster that's terrorizing my child. It was like an SNL spoof on a townhall.
Most of the ABC questioners were Trump haters.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Most of the ABC questioners were Trump haters.
I didn't mind the questions the people asked Trump, sure, some were loaded, but in general, I thought they were appropriate. It was the "moderator" that was WAY out of line. Especially the trap question on Roe vs Wade. Trump saw right through it and answered it perfectly, but that was totally set up as a trap to try to impede the SC nomination. It wasn't an issue voters would have asked, everyone knows Trump is solidly pro-life and Hiden is solidly pro-abortion. It was purely a trap to give the Dems a talking point in the SC process.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
BTW, Trump denounced white supremacy. Trump denounced white supremacy. Trump denounced white supremacy.

So Guthrie goes haywire about QAnon. I still don’t know what QAnon is and who gives a shit. They won’t make a difference in the election.

Let’s talk about transgenders. That’s a big issue.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
I think it would have been fair for her to follow up a couple of his responses with questions, but she kept talking over him. In most of the responses I watched, he didn't provide much content. The comment whether or not experts were predicting a 42 percent or 20 percent unemployment is not important. The obsession with masks is the same line of questioning he faced about mandatory lockdowns. The ongoing epidemic is not being fueled by South Dakota not having a mask mandate. On and on....
And her injecting totally new questions that no one was asking...

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Do any lefties want to address the bullshit story about the 2 gay guys kissing each other when Biden was a kid and his dad saying “Joey...they just love each other”? 65 years ago? Sure.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
There's a lot of reasons that no single police force in the country is supporting Hiden, here's one of them:

howeda7

Reaction score
Savannah Guthrie is proof that any idiot can be on TV. She looked angry the entire time.
So angry. She needs to smile more. She'll never get a husband that way, right? 🙄. Also, why do women hate Trump?

Top Bottom