All Things Townhall Meetings

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Tonight is Townhall time -- Biden on ABC and Trump on NBC. The left has gone ballistic that Trump is getting equal time. It'll be interesting to see the ratings as to which one is watched by more viewers.

Update: Both Townhalls start at 8PM. Biden's is scheduled to last for 90 minutes, with Trump's scheduled to last 60 minutes. For the last 30 minutes, it's just Biden's time.

Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Tonight is Townhall time -- Biden on ABC and Trump on NBC. The left has gone ballistic that Trump is getting equal time. It'll be interesting to see the ratings as to which one is watched by more viewers.
Any example of the ballisticness?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
“Of course more people will watch Trump. That doesn’t mean anything. If my choices are watching a documentary about the Bill of Rights, or a guy getting hit in the nuts with a shovel, I’m going shovel every single time.” — JIMMY KIMMEL

Minnesota

Reaction score
I can’t wait to see the 74 year old guy whose brain is eroding from steroids speak. Sincerely!

Livingat45north

Reaction score
“Of course more people will watch Trump. That doesn’t mean anything. If my choices are watching a documentary about the Bill of Rights, or a guy getting hit in the nuts with a shovel, I’m going shovel every single time.” — JIMMY KIMMEL
I'm thinking it may be the opposite. The Trump strategy is to be seen and heard by the public as much as possible. The Biden/Harris strategy is to be seen and heard by the public as little as possible. You can tune into a live Trump event pretty much every morning, afternoon, and evening. Biden appearances are rare. Granted, it's just another scripted event for Biden, but the script has to include questions Hiden otherwise has refused to answer -- packing the SC, kickbacks from Russia, Ukraine and China -- that he lied when he said he "never talked to Hunter about his business dealings". I don't know how ABC could save face by not asking Joe about these items. People already know Trump's positions, but Hiden is a mystery. Plus, Joe's a huge wildcard. What sort of racist statement is he going to make this time? Another story about how black women should be stocking grocery store shelves, that blacks are all the same, that you can't be black if you vote for Trump, etc.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The Trump strategy is to be seen and heard by the public as much as possible.

I recommend this. Go fast, go hard, full tilt. I think exactly what the public is clamoring for is just to have him be his loudest and most sure.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Getting equal time? The townhall on ABC was setup by the CPD and Trump was invited. He bailed and then complained that NBC would be unfair to him.

Livingat45north

Reaction score

I recommend this. Go fast, go hard, full tilt. I think exactly what the public is clamoring for is just to have him be his loudest and most sure.
That's what Trump's doing, he's in N.C. right now holding a rally, and he'll have another event this afternoon in Florida prior to the Townhall. Joe, still hiding in his basement.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Questions for Hiden:
  • Are you in favor of or opposed to adding additional members to the SC?
  • Will you condemn the rioting and looting being done by your supporters, including Antifa?
  • Please explain your position of the federal government overseeing local police force policies.
  • Please explain how eliminating the Trump tax cuts doesn't raise taxes on Americans, other than the top 1% wage earners in blue states that now will be able to deduct state taxes from their federal income.
  • Was it appropriate for your son to travel with you on Air Force 2 to meet with business leaders in the countries you were visiting?
  • Is it appropriate for your son to be getting millions of dollars from foreign businesses where the sole role for him is to use you to make introductions to U.S. politicians?
  • Give an example of a foreign policy decision you made that was correct?
  • How will you fund your support of the New Green Deal that is listed on your website.
  • Why did you a few months ago say you were unequivocally against fracking and fossil fuels, but when you traveled to PA you switched and said the opposite?
  • Do you now regret your position of fighting for racial segregation of schools.
  • Do you now regret your bill designed to send minorities to prison for extended sentences when committing minor offenses?
  • How will you help states recover from the budget deficits incurred by COVID?
  • You have said you will shut down the economy over COVID, please explain the details of what you will do.

Questions for Trump:
  • You have said you will have China be financially responsible for the impact of COVID. Please explain the steps that will be taken to do this.
  • You have withdrawn U.S. troops from never-ending wars throughout the Middle East, Afghanistan and Syria being two examples. Will you also take steps to wind down Obama's action of having the U.S. be a participant in the war in Yemen.
  • UAE and Qatar have both signed peace treaty agreements with Israel, which additional Middle East countries will also sign agreements and when?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Again, Trump's team setup this town hall after he bailed on the one setup by the CPD

Livingat45north

Reaction score
I think we’re all excited for more of this:

Are you trying to say a father shouldn't be proud of his son, or are you saying it's bad that a person's son recovered from COVID so quickly? It's hard to keep up with what the libs say is bad these days.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Are you trying to say a father shouldn't be proud of his son, or are you saying it's bad that a person's son recovered from COVID so quickly? It's hard to keep up with what the libs say is bad these days.
Yeah, man, that’s totally the way a normal person talks.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That's what Trump's doing, he's in N.C. right now holding a rally, and he'll have another event this afternoon in Florida prior to the Townhall. Joe, still hiding in his basement.
Pretty sure Joe is taking a nap while Trump spoke for 85 minutes in his 1st appearance of the day. Trump is tireless.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
The "neutral non-biased" moderator that was going to be used in this week's debate, prior to the rules being completely changed, used to work directly for Joe Biden before moving on to work with other Democratic politicians. He now been indefinitely suspended from C-Span for lying -- he was trying to cover up his tracks in how he was coordinating the debate to be structured against Trump.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
NBC now forced to admit it lied to viewers in their previous townhall meeting with BIden:

howeda7

Reaction score

Every time he opens it mouth, it makes women in the suburbs feel a certain way.

Top Bottom