All things Tim Walz. Is he doing a good job?

Angry

Reaction score
What resources did he withhold?
That’s the funniest part. He was a SM in the National Guard ( my battalion) and didn’t mobilize a resource he knew well.
Many states learned lessons from Washington state in February and did just that.(Obviously not New York but most)

Goldteam

Reaction score
Can we get back to talking about what a crap job Walz is doing?

Thanks

Spoofin

Reaction score
I didn't say he deserves a pass. I asked what specifically you want him to do that he did not do.
Have you or have you not in the past said there is nothing Walz can do? This wasn’t the first time and you know it.

Spoofin

Reaction score
By doing what? Screaming "Nursing Homes! Walz Sucks!" doesn't actually change anything.
If there was nothing more he could have done then why less then 2 weeks ago did he release a “battle plan” specifically to protect them? A better question would be why did he wait until May 7th.

scools12

Reaction score
There was plenty of evidence early on from Italy and then in Washington that nursing homes were at high risk.

Washington did something early on to protect the nursing homes. Florida did something early on to protect the nursing homes as did many other states.

Walz screwed up with the nursing homes here. He could have directed resources there earlier and he didn’t. Walz certainly does not deserve a pass. He failed on the nursing homes.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Washington did something early on to protect the nursing homes. Florida did something early on to protect the nursing homes as did many other states.
Honest question: What did they do?

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Here's what Florida did and what they're continuing to do. Summary is they restricted and controlled access to the facilities, kept records of who did visit so they could track back possible COVID exposures, and if a resident did get COVID they transfer them out of the facility into a hospital.

Here's what Walz did and what he's continuing to do. Summary is that MN sent COVID patients into nursing homes and kept them there versus taking patients out of the facilities and sending them to hospitals. And this is a lot of patients. 27% of the total number of MN COVID patients that were hospitalized were sent to nursing homes to recover. Just in case you can't access that Star-Trib article, here are some facts it states:

"Early in the pandemic, the Minnesota Department of Health turned to nursing homes and other long-term care facilities to relieve the burden on hospitals that were at risk of being overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients. Minnesota hospitals have since discharged dozens of infected patients to nursing homes, including facilities that have undergone large and deadly outbreaks of the disease, state records show."

"State health officials and long-term care industry representatives have defended the practice of discharging some COVID-19 patients to nursing homes, saying it is part of a broader strategy to conserve critical hospital beds during the pandemic. "

And the results of what has happened as a result of Walz's "leadership":
"Statewide, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus has killed more than 600 Minnesotans at nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. That is a staggering 81% of the deaths from the pandemic statewide. No other state in the nation that reports such data has such a high percentage of deaths in long-term care, according to an analysis by a Texas-based nonprofit."

But, he does give nice speeches, and for the Blue Minions, that's what's really important. Listen to one of his talks, you know, talking about getting his hair cut or such, and you'll feel much better. Ignore the data, just go by your own feelings. As long as you feel comforted, then it's all good.

scools12

Reaction score
Honest question: What did they do?
Early on put policies in place to help control the spread within long-term care facilities.

On March 10, 2020, the Secretary of Health and State Health Officer released a call to action (PDF) with directives for long-term care facilities to protect their residents and staff.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Early on put policies in place to help control the spread.

On March 10, 2020, the Secretary of Health and State Health Officer released a call to action (PDF) with directives for long-term care facilities to protect their residents and staff.
Jake Wad knows it, just playing games. DeSantis did a good job with those facilities, based on the results thus far. And, certainly an outstanding job compared to MN. Perhaps Howie can admit the truth, once in his miserable life.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Here's what Florida did and what they're continuing to do. Summary is they restricted and controlled access to the facilities, kept records of who did visit so they could track back possible COVID exposures, and if a resident did get COVID they transfer them out of the facility into a hospital.

Here's what Walz did and what he's continuing to do. Summary is that MN sent COVID patients into nursing homes and kept them there versus taking patients out of the facilities and sending them to hospitals. And this is a lot of patients. 27% of the total number of MN COVID patients that were hospitalized were sent to nursing homes to recover. Just in case you can't access that Star-Trib article, here are some facts it states:

"Early in the pandemic, the Minnesota Department of Health turned to nursing homes and other long-term care facilities to relieve the burden on hospitals that were at risk of being overwhelmed by COVID-19 patients. Minnesota hospitals have since discharged dozens of infected patients to nursing homes, including facilities that have undergone large and deadly outbreaks of the disease, state records show."

"State health officials and long-term care industry representatives have defended the practice of discharging some COVID-19 patients to nursing homes, saying it is part of a broader strategy to conserve critical hospital beds during the pandemic. "

"Statewide, the respiratory disease caused by the coronavirus has killed more than 600 Minnesotans at nursing homes and assisted-living facilities. That is a staggering 81% of the deaths from the pandemic statewide. No other state in the nation that reports such data has such a high percentage of deaths in long-term care, according to an analysis by a Texas-based nonprofit."

But, he does give nice speeches, and for the Blue Minions, that's what's really important. Listen to one of his talks, you know, talking about getting his hair cut or such, and you'll feel much better. Ignore the data, just go by your own feelings. As long as you feel comforted, then it's all good.
Classic playbook.

Take something that appears negative, only on the surface, and slap a simple, negative narrative on it, then push that hard.

Because they know, 90%+ people are too lazy (or want to believe it), to take the one extra step of effort required to completely disprove the narrative.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Classic playbook.

Take something that appears negative, only on the surface, and slap a simple, negative narrative on it, then push that hard.

Because they know, 90%+ people are too lazy (or want to believe it), to take the one extra step of effort required to completely disprove the narrative.
Again, you've repeatedly shown by your comments that you're in favor of people in nursing homes dying. So yes, to those of us that think killing people is bad what Walz has done is indeed a negative. To people like you, then it's a positive. It all depends on your prospective.

Section2

Reaction score

What resources did he withhold! He couldn't have done anything else! We had to protect hospitals from being overwhelmed! LOL

Livingat45north

Reaction score
What resources did he withhold! He couldn't have done anything else! We had to protect hospitals from being overwhelmed! LOL
It's really crazy.
But to the Blue Minions, as long as Walz gives good speeches, then he's doing a great job.

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score

No one looks good in a pandemic. However, Walz and his team have showed how to take the most ideal situation (great medical system state, relatively sparse population, low dependence on mass transit) and screw it up about as badly as you can. He put the assets in exactly the wrong place. But he's a nice guy...

Section2

Reaction score
I can imagine that the media coverage might be a little different with those facts if it was a governor with a different letter after their name.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
No one looks good in a pandemic. However, Walz and his team have showed how to take the most ideal situation (great medical system state, relatively sparse population, low dependence on mass transit) and screw it up about as badly as you can. He put the assets in exactly the wrong place. But he's a nice guy...
I agree, Walz f'd this up badly. Not sure how anyone can defend his action, or lack of, when it comes to nursing homes. You've hammered Walz at every stop and this is one where you are 100% correct imo. Now...I'd be interested if you could extend this to the president as well. Can you be honest and open about his failures? I haven't read one thing that Trump has done that wasn't a success from you.

Section2

Reaction score
I agree, Walz f'd this up badly. Not sure how anyone can defend his action, or lack of, when it comes to nursing homes. You've hammered Walz at every stop and this is one where you are 100% correct imo. Now...I'd be interested if you could extend this to the president as well. Can you be honest and open about his failures? I haven't read one thing that Trump has done that wasn't a success from you.
I'm with you 100%. BGA has hammered Walz for everything, a lot of which I think was way overblown. But BGA doesn't realize that there's a consequence to railing on everything. Your targeted correct critiques get ignored. The Howie's of the world certainly haven't learned this lesson either. But you're spot on .

bga1

Reaction score
False. I gave Walz credit at the start. Then I realized he was a nice guy without a clue who was following fake models. He has 100% screwed up on battling this. I am a rank amateur and I was able to analyze what needed to happen in March (go back and look at posts here, mid March). He is putting together a task force on nursing homes in May. He is the antithesis of Trump who is often not a nice guy. Trump bloviates, he exaggerates, he has a huge ego and he lacks humility. On the other side of the coin his skills as an executive, his decision making ability and his courage are off the charts good.

As far as Trump's policies, there are very few that I disagree with. There have been a few instances where he signed onto things that I didn't like and I have said so. Overall, I have been absolutely amazed at the level he has kept his promises to the degree he is allowed to do so under the law and with minimal help from Congress. People have fought him every step of the way, lied about him, spied on him, tried to impeach him and entrap and he has fought them and won. As an executive and a man of courage I admire him. As a person, he could use some improvement. Couldn't we all?

I am not going to disagree with things that I don't disagree with. Period. I am not out to score neutrality points like S2 appears to be (I like S2 btw). I am just stating what I believe to be true.

So now I challenge you to take on Cruze, JTF, Howie and the TDS crowd as you have challenged me.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
Are you saying some Republicans have done 'good' and some have done 'bad' - and that some Democrats have done 'good' and some have done 'bad'. Crazy talk.

Thank you for being the voice of reason. Giving DT a pass is silly and saying "there was nothing Walz could do" is silly too. This whole topic should have never have become a political topic/debate. Once again, the extremists lose perspective.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
False. I gave Walz credit at the start. Then I realized he was a nice guy without a clue who was following fake models. He has 100% screwed up on battling this. I am a rank amateur and I was able to analyze what needed to happen in March (go back and look at posts here, mid March). He is putting together a task force on nursing homes in May. He is the antithesis of Trump who is often not a nice guy. Trump bloviates, he exaggerates, he has a huge ego and he lacks humility. On the other side of the coin his skills as an executive, his decision making ability and his courage are off the charts good.

As far as Trump's policies, there are very few that I disagree with. There have been a few instances where he signed onto things that I didn't like and I have said so. Overall, I have been absolutely amazed at the level he has kept his promises to the degree he is allowed to do so under the law and with minimal help from Congress. People have fought him every step of the way, lied about him, spied on him, tried to impeach him and entrap and he has fought them and won. As an executive and a man of courage I admire him. As a person, he could use some improvement. Couldn't we all?

I am not going to disagree with things that I don't disagree with. Period. I am not out to score neutrality points like S2 appears to be (I like S2 btw). I am just stating what I believe to be true.

So now I challenge you to take on Cruze, JTF, Howie and the TDS crowd as you have challenged me.
Challenge accepted although I've gone at it with more than a few hard lefties here. Thanks for the reply. It still appears that you are very close to 100% behind everything Trump has done and very close to 100% against everything Walz has. Maybe I'm wrong but that is how it has appeared.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Are you saying some Republicans have done 'good' and some have done 'bad' - and that some Democrats have done 'good' and some have done 'bad'. Crazy talk.

Thank you for being the voice of reason. Giving DT a pass is silly and saying "there was nothing Walz could do" is silly too. This whole topic should have never have become a political topic/debate. Once again, the extremists lose perspective.
Yep, Walz didn't do anything at first with the nursing homes...nothing. I don't know what he should have done exactly but anything would have been better than nothing.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Challenge accepted although I've gone at it with more than a few hard lefties here. Thanks for the reply. It still appears that you are very close to 100% behind everything Trump has done and very close to 100% against everything Walz has. Maybe I'm wrong but that is how it has appeared.
In YOUR view, what are the top 3 things Trump has failed at, in terms of RESPONSE to C19?

tikited

Me
Reaction score
In YOUR view, what are the top 3 things Trump has failed at, in terms of RESPONSE to C19?
Off the top of my head:

"Hoax. A big lefty hoax."

"It isn't a problem. It has been contained."

Having companies that haven't made masks, etc. before be in charge when companies that could do it better were ignored.

Treating some states/leaders differently than others. "But....they have been mean to me" isn't a good excuse imo.

"People are going to commit suicide by the 1000's." How could anyone predict suicide #'s. Just a scare tactic.

Blaming Obama for not being ready for it. Not true and blame isn't an action or a response.

The numerous disinfectant comments. Beyond stupid and dangerous.

I'm forgetting many I'm sure.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Ok.

So internet armchair dinks (bga, 45, et al) can come up with the simple narrative of "people in nursing homes are the most likely to die from cv19, then the state puts people with cv19 in nursing homes, and at the end of the day we indeed see nursing home account for a high percentage of deaths!!! BLARGHHH!!!!111"

Those guys were able to think of that, sitting at their computers. (or more likely, they're just parroting what other people in the clan have come up with, but anyway)

Do you really think that Walz and his expert advisers, didn't think of that and consider the effects of it???

Come on.

There is, of course, a missing piece, that's being glossed over and ignored. They (Walz and advisors) did think of that, they considered the options, and they decided that this course had the fewest potential risks.

Of course they did. They just haven't explained the full rational, the full set of risks, the full set of considerations, that went into the decision.

You can't possibly think that they said "well boys, this here says we're gonna kill us a buncha old folks, but who the hell cares??? amiright???"

Come on. Don't be that simple. Don't fall into that trap, that the bga/45 cohort so badly want/need you to fall into. Think harder.

Top Bottom