All Things Paige Bueckers Recruitment Thread - Videos, Analysis, Tid-Bits, Articles

paulser21

Reaction score

Shades

Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/224806/anaya-peoples

At the time it was written she was the #7 recruit in the nation. Just saw the date at June so yeah it’s a bit outdated. Now the #3 PG and 15 overall like your pic shows.

Looks like they also had two PGs in the 2018 class as well. So there is plenty of competition and minutes to be “shared.”
Plus by 2020, both Ogunbowale and Mabrey will be gone, and they’re both plenty big enough to play off the ball.

hungan1

Reaction score
Paige Bueckers # 1 Point Guard In The Nation

I don't know what the Gophers' chances are with the UConn Coach visiting multiple times. If Lindsay Whalen can convince her to stay home, that would be the coup of a lifetime the for the Gophers.

Competition is tough for her services.

hungan1

Reaction score
Hopkins vs Minnetonka December 2017

tommypoly

Reaction score
I still think she should work on her handles more, that aspect is so underrated in my eyes. I think it's the most important besides shooting.

hungan1

Reaction score
Paige can benefit greatly by coaching from Whalen who is a PG herself. She'll quickly improve her skill sets.

Whalen is already like a coach to her Lynx teammates. So, I think the transition into a college head coach wouldn't be as bad. The part that she will have to learn is the administrative side of the biz.

alchemy2u

Reaction score

Go Gophers!!
Continue to be a role model for the young players and play for the U. Look what it did for Lindsey‘s career. Learn from the best PG to ever play in the WNBA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
Continue to be a role model for the young players and play for the U. Look what it did for Lindsey‘s career. Learn from the best PG to ever play in the WNBA!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Isn't Sue Bird still playing j/k.

Shades

Reaction score
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allow="autoplay; fullscreen" src="https://w3.cdn.anvato.net/player/prod/v3/anvload.html?key=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%3D%3D" width ="640" height="360"></iframe>

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Paige can benefit greatly by coaching from Whalen who is a PG herself. She'll quickly improve her skill sets.

Whalen is already like a coach to her Lynx teammates. So, I think the transition into a college head coach wouldn't be as bad. The part that she will have to learn is the administrative side of the biz.
This is the kind of inside info I appreciate when I log onto Gopherhole!:)

MennoSota

Reaction score
Cynthia Cooper has been out of coaching for a couple of years now.
LOL, I know you're being serious and can back it with data. But, he wasn't making the statement to be factual. He was doing it to point out how helpful Whalen could be.
That being said, you make me smile when you stick to the facts. Don't ever change. ☺

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Shades

Reaction score
That video didn’t sound encouraging to me.

FiveOut

Reaction score
That video didn’t sound encouraging to me.
I found it very encouraging and I know Paige well. She has gone from absolutely zero interest to conversations with the coaches and arranging a visit. That’s a huge step forward.

tripledouble

Reaction score
I was also encouraged by what I heard. I don't think the Gophers had much of a shot with Stollings as the coach and I get the feeling we'll now have a chance to be in the mix with Whalen as the coach. Maybe I've been drinking too much of the Kool-Aid, but I'm of the feeling that Whalen can get the Gopher program to be a prominent BIG and national program, much like Staley has done with South Carolina. And the signing of Bueckers could put this program on that track. Bueckers handled herself well in that interview.

Shades

Reaction score
“Whoever goes there or wherever I land, I think she’ll do a great job in Minnesota.”

That’s just being polite. Obviously “whoever goes there” isn’t her or “wherever I land” isn’t going to be Minnesota. If she was leaning towards Minnesota, it’d be more transparent by now. I do hope I’m wrong though since I’ve been holding onto this “pipe dream” longer than most.

FiveOut

Reaction score
“Whoever goes there or wherever I land, I think she’ll do a great job in Minnesota.”

That’s just being polite. Obviously “whoever goes there” isn’t her or “wherever I land” isn’t going to be Minnesota. If she was leaning towards Minnesota, it’d be more transparent by now. I do hope I’m wrong though since I’ve been holding onto this “pipe dream” longer than most.
If Paige was just trying to be polite or politically correct and not disappoint Minnesotans she would have said such things when Stollings was there, perhaps even gone for a visit, but she didn't. Stollings had absolutely no chance of signing her and that was clear to everyone around her. The fact that Paige has had conversations with Whalen already and scheduled a visit is a huge step forward. Paige has gone to great lengths over the last couple of years not to tip her hat in one direction or another but it is obvious from talking with her and her family that she is interested enough now to look seriously at Minnesota as an option.

Shades

Reaction score
Maybe it’s seen as a “huge step forward” when it’s actually just a more appropriate time for such activity.

FiveOut

Reaction score
She was never going to consider the U under Stollings. Now she has scheduled a visit and is interested. That’s a huge step forward in my view. Not sure that timing has anything to do with it. It’s because it’s Whalen that it’s happening.

Top Bottom