All Things Impeachment Inquiry

KillerGopherFan

I call BS. He was never going to let them testify. The Dems are following the House rules and R's did get to call witnesses. The only thing allowing them "equal" say would have accomplished is several days hearing from conspiracy theorists about Ukraine helping Hillary in 2016 and much breathless BS about Hunter Biden. Instead we'll get treated to that during the Senate trial.
If you speculate that’s what they would do, it’s only speculation. But you can treat it as it’s a fact.

Speculation, opinion, interpretation, and presumption = facts.

Yes, you’re a lefty.

cncmin

Rep Hurd was not abandoning all other facts to focus on the phone call. He is considering it all, as I am.

You shouldn’t bitch about the result of the House Democrats setting up an unfair and unjust inquiry. Had Pelosi permitted Trump and the Republicans the bi-partisan process that was set up in 1998 for the Clinton impeachment, which was bi-partisan as over 30 Dem congressmen joined the Republican majority to impeach, you would’ve had all those witnesses that you name. The strength of the bi-partisan process ensured a process that was a search for the truth rather than a politically divisive partisan fight.

Of course, it would’ve open the Democrats to potential scandals that they don’t want to talk about.
Why are you still lying about everything? The House Republicans have already made it more than clear, they are corrupt and will defend all corruption, no matter how corrupt it makes them look! Shouldn't you be jumping up and down and celebrating for the big Tribal victory over American goodness and decency and balance of power and Congressional oversight, our system of laws and our Constitution? You've accomplished it, you've broken it all permanently. Congrats! Now get off this board and go celebrate already!

howeda7

KGF, I’m pretty much with you on this one. Unless somebody has more, it needs to be dropped. Doesn’t mean he isn’t guilty of what is claimed. Short of Rudy having a John Dean turn, I think this should be over.
Every witness confirms the same story, Trump did it. Even Trump appointees. What evidence would move the needle for you or the Senate GOP?

cncmin

Every witness confirms the same story, Trump did it. Even Trump appointees. What evidence would move the needle for you or the Senate GOP?
The Democrats are failing miserably by trying to concentrate on these Ukraine shenanigans. The picture painted in the public is one of "one bad phone call" and the Dems are trying to bring down the POTUS "over a phone call". It's obviously so very much more than that, and the Dems are producing all of this complicated evidence that proves gross misconduct and crimes; but it's too complicated and too obscure to matter to Joe Shmoe who isn't paying much attention, doesn't really care, wants to hear that this is all just some made-up sham because they love DJT, or who just isn't smart enough to figure out why this all matters.

The Dems are doing this way too fast and wearing everyone out with the mountains of indirect evidence. What they need to do is start fighting fire with fire. A strong ad campaign with some slick videos on this subject would do a zillion times more to make Average Joe realize what is going on and why it is bad for us than hold professional, complicated impeachment hearings. The public wants 10-second soundbites. Give them 10-second soundbites. How hard could this be?

Last edited:

howeda7

The Democrats are failing miserably by trying to concentrate on these Ukraine shenanigans. The picture painted in the public is one of "one bad phone call" and the Dems are trying to bring down the POTUS "over a phone call". It's obviously so very much more than that, and the Dems are producing all of this complicated evidence that proves gross misconduct and crimes; but it's too complicated and too obscure to matter to Joe Shmoe who isn't paying much attention, doesn't really care, wants to hear that this is all just some made-up shame because they love DJT, or who just isn't smart enough to figure out why this all matters.

The Dems are doing this way too fast and wearing everyone out with the mountains of indirect evidence. What they need to do is start fighting fire with fire. A strong ad campaign with some slick videos on this subject would do a zillion times more to make Average Joe realize what is going on and why it is bad for us than hold professional, complicated impeachment hearings. The public wants 10-second soundbites. Give them 10-second soundbites. How hard could this be?
If the DNC directly bought ads saying like this, the GOP would scream bloody murder.

However, this is what Tom Steyer and Michael Bloomberg should be spending their $ on instead of foolish runs for President.

KillerGopherFan

KGF, I’m pretty much with you on this one. Unless somebody has more, it needs to be dropped. Doesn’t mean he isn’t guilty of what is claimed. Short of Rudy having a John Dean turn, I think this should be over.
If I were the Dems, I would’ve gone for censure. They would’ve gotten Republican votes and Trump would’ve learned a lesson on how not to communicate with other country’s leaders.

cncmin

If the DNC directly bought ads saying like this, the GOP would scream bloody murder.

However, this is what Tom Steyer and Michael Bloomberg should be spending their $ on instead of foolish runs for President.

If I were the Dems, I would’ve gone for censure. They would’ve gotten Republican votes and Trump would’ve learned a lesson on how not to communicate with other country’s leaders.
Oh yes! If he were only censured. That would surely stop his shenanigans. What a lesson that would teach him!!

KillerGopherFan

Oh yes! If he were only censured. That would surely stop his shenanigans. What a lesson that would teach him!!
Censure is not a minor admonishment.

I’m so glad you’re concerned about corruption though, b/c you’re going to have plenty to frown upon when Horowitz’s report comes out on Dec. 9 and when Durham gets finished with his investigation. I wasn’t certain that any Obama-era Federal authorities would be charged with crimes, but it’s starting to appear that way.

cncmin

I’m so glad you’re concerned about corruption though, b/c you’re going to have plenty to frown upon when Horowitz’s report comes out on Dec. 9 and when Durham gets finished with his investigation. I wasn’t certain that any Obama-era Federal authorities would be charged with crimes, but it’s starting to appear that way.
Censure him! Censure him! Oh the pain!

howeda7

We can know that whatever Lyin' Bill Barr and his cronie come up with, you'll treat it as gospel while ignoring the mounds of evidence against Dear Leader.

MplsGopher

Look at the behavior of the House GOP in these hearings. It doesn't matter what case is made. I do think the House should get on with it and have the vote. Let the Senate have their "trial" in which they litigate the imaginary "Ukraine hacked us and Russia didn't" fantasy and let history judge it.
Yes, but let’s have it as close to the election as possible. I want it as fresh in the voters’ minds as it can be.

OldBob53

A number of witnesses seemed extremely intelligent and articulate, with extraordinary recall and memory. Fiona Hill was the latest example--sharp as a finely honed razor blade. Any notion that federal employees are dim-witted and incompetent, that all the smartest people work for GoldmanSach, ought be discarded.

Section2

The Democrats are failing miserably by trying to concentrate on these Ukraine shenanigans. The picture painted in the public is one of "one bad phone call" and the Dems are trying to bring down the POTUS "over a phone call". It's obviously so very much more than that, and the Dems are producing all of this complicated evidence that proves gross misconduct and crimes; but it's too complicated and too obscure to matter to Joe Shmoe who isn't paying much attention, doesn't really care, wants to hear that this is all just some made-up sham because they love DJT, or who just isn't smart enough to figure out why this all matters.

You could call it Project Veritas.

KillerGopherFan

The Democrats should be investigated for giving Trump “a thing of value” in his re-election campaign. Total Schiff show. They’ve done more for Trump’s re-election than anyone else possibly could.

Impeachment polls down, Trump approval up.

Not to mention their total clown show in trying to find a Democrat nominee.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
A number of witnesses seemed extremely intelligent and articulate, with extraordinary recall and memory. Fiona Hill was the latest example--sharp as a finely honed razor blade. Any notion that federal employees are dim-witted and incompetent, that all the smartest people work for GoldmanSach, ought be discarded.
There are a lot of really good, strong, hard-working and intelligent government workers. There also happens to be an INORDINATE amount of dead weight in government service. For many, it's a safe harbor for substandard performers and people who have managed to eek through the system for a decade or two or three. Sure, that's true in many non-government industries, but I would argue it's much more prevalent in government service, having seen it firsthand for many years.

OH!! And don't you think there's a reason maybe of why their recall for this particular situation is so good? It's not possible they were coached at all, no?

MplsGopher

The difference is career government workers, who are hired, as opposed to elected representatives.

The latter is where you sometimes get absolutely gross and unqualified imbeciles.

MplsGopher

And don't you think there's a reason maybe of why their recall for this particular situation is so good? It's not possible they were coached at all, no?
Of course you're going to believe what you want to believe.

You're not going to allow your beliefs to be shaped by what actually occurs. How silly would that be??

MplsGopher

My beliefs are always shaped by what occurs or what is the highest probability to have happened.

Unquestionable that the highest probability of what happened is that what Trump is accused of is true.

Bending over backwards in order to introduce *any* doubt, is not sufficient.

That’s why the law is *reasonable* doubt, not any doubt.

justthefacts

There are a lot of really good, strong, hard-working and intelligent government workers. There also happens to be an INORDINATE amount of dead weight in government service. For many, it's a safe harbor for substandard performers and people who have managed to eek through the system for a decade or two or three. Sure, that's true in many non-government industries, but I would argue it's much more prevalent in government service, having seen it firsthand for many years.

OH!! And don't you think there's a reason maybe of why their recall for this particular situation is so good? It's not possible they were coached at all, no?
Or maybe the President has been basing foreign policy on a ludicrous conspiracy theory with zero factual basis and rational human beings find that memorable.

Or maybe the President held up Congressionally mandated foreign aid for no good reason and rational human beings found that memorable.

Or maybe people whose job it was to manage relations with another country were having their efforts stymied by the President's whacko personal lawyer and rational human beings found that memorable.

Top Bottom