All Things Impeachment Inquiry

bottlebass

Main Member
Go back and look at GH archives. You will find that while there was complaining about Obama policies, we accepted the result of the elections and the discussion of Obama was about 1/10th of what we see today. I've done it- check it out. It will take you about 5 minutes to see you are wrong. It will take you a life time to admit it.
No you didn't. You asked for his birth certificate.

Cruze

Yeah, it only lasted EIGHT years during the Obama administration. :rolleyes:
The EIGHT years of Republican whining included EIGHT years of investigations that produced exactly zero indictments and convictions. There must have been a half-dozen Bengahzi investigations that came up empty. Now they are complaining about Democratic investigations that have produced indictments, convictions, and resignations of multiple dozens of Trump's appointees, friends, and supporters. The Trumpster's administration is up to its eyeball in lies, deceit, and corruption and they don't want to hear about.

bga1

No you didn't. You asked for his birth certificate.
We accepted the results. I would say that the birther element was in the range of 10% of Rs maximum. I was not one of them, although I have no problem with asking Obama to show it and I don't really understand why it took him so long except he wanted to stir a little race talk. The current inability to accept that 2016 election is in the range of about 80% of the Dems.

bga1

The EIGHT years of Republican whining included EIGHT years of investigations that produced exactly zero indictments and convictions. There must have been a half-dozen Bengahzi investigations that came up empty. Now they are complaining about Democratic investigations that have produced indictments, convictions, and resignations of multiple dozens of Trump's appointees, friends, and supporters. The Trumpster's administration is up to its eyeball in lies, deceit, and corruption and they don't want to hear about.
Corrupt Obama DOJ. Holder and Lynch were Allinsky goal tenders for Obama. By the way- speaking of resignations and firings- have you looked at what happened to the top brass of the FBI? Wow.

Tredwell

Corrupt Obama DOJ. Holder and Lynch were Allinsky goal tenders for Obama.
Yeah, can't wait for Trump and Barr to lock them all up. Any day now! Seriously, it's coming up. I heard in the next week or two....

have you looked at what happened to the top brass of the FBI? Wow.
Wait until you hear about Trump's campaign manager, Trump's National Security Advisor, Trump's personal attorney, Trump's campaign aide, Trump's foreign policy adviser, Trump's adviser, Trump's first congressional endorser......Wowza

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

I said that I agree that it is a political process. They have the majority, and passivity or complicity to the Speaker’s actions may very well be in accordance with the Constitution, but it was not the intention of the Founding Fathers to conduct impeachment as a partisan matter. Impeachment was not intended to be a process for destroying your political opponent, and the more partisan that it appears, the less likely the public will accept it.

The Democrats have painted themselves into a corner. If they don’t vote for an impeachment inquiry, the may have no remedy to forcing the executive branch to cooperate with their charade. In that case, they either have to seek a remedy through the courts, which will certainly take time and they could lose, or pull they plug on this inquiry, and they’re left holding their dicks.

If they do vote on a bi-partisan impeachment inquiry, there’s a risk they won’t have the votes. If they do have the votes, those Dem congressmen in Trump districts will be more at risk in 2020. If a vote passes an impeachment inquiry, the Republicans will be able to present a defense, call their own witnesses, and it will likely be much more transparent. Again, they would lose control of the narrative.

So they can go ahead, do whatever they want to do. I’m sure they’re going to take a dump and they and the MSM are going to say that they created a work of art.
I’ll add one more possibility to the Dems painting themselves into a corner. Thanks to a friendly MSM, the Dems very possibility will just go right to a House vote on impeachment without giving Trump the opportunity to defend himself in this phony impeachment inquiry. Allowing the Republicans to be involved in the impeachment inquiry would destroy all the narratives that the Dems and the MSM have worked to make over the last few weeks.

They will be basically forcing their House members in Trump districts to vote for impeachment and suffer the consequences. The truth will have to wait until the trial in the Senate. Depending on public sentiment, McConnell can kill impeachment with a quick vote or proceed with a trial that will expose all the weaknesses of the House narratives.

Either way, McConnell gets the last say how this plays out. I don’t think it ends well for the Dems.

bga1

Yeah, can't wait for Trump and Barr to lock them all up. Any day now! Seriously, it's coming up. I heard in the next week or two....

Wait until you hear about Trump's campaign manager, Trump's National Security Advisor, Trump's personal attorney, Trump's campaign aide, Trump's foreign policy adviser, Trump's adviser, Trump's first congressional endorser......Wowza
Manafort was part of the attempted (and failed) frame up of Trump, Tredwell. He was working for the same people in Ukraine that were colluding with Hillary. Somehow Andrea Chalupa of the DNC knew in advance that Manafort would offer to work for FREE for Trump's campaign and started the ball rolling on digging dirt on him. The Obama administration then asked Ukraine to reopen investigations into Manafort.

I have not promised an imminent solution to the Obama era corruption. It is a massive, massive crime that was committed during 2016 and on into 2017 with the scam Mueller investigation. It will not be easy to unravel Horowitz will come out with the IG report on the abuse of the FISA process in a few weeks. However, he doesn't prosecute. He makes findings and refers to DOJ.
I think we might be looking at some indictments in the next 3-4 months. It went all the way to Obama but nothing will ever happen to him.

saintpaulguy

We accepted the results. I would say that the birther element was in the range of 10% of Rs maximum. I was not one of them, although I have no problem with asking Obama to show it and I don't really understand why it took him so long except he wanted to stir a little race talk. The current inability to accept that 2016 election is in the range of about 80% of the Dems.
That 10% included a certain game show host from New York.

Cruze

Either way, McConnell gets the last say how this plays out. I don’t think it ends well for the Dems.

LMAO. When McConnell kills impeachment without a Senate trial the independent voters who have been moving toward impeachment are going to say WTF all at the same time.

The Memo: Bad polls for Trump shake GOP

President Trump’s troubles are deepening, according to several recent opinion polls that show rising public support for impeachment.

Those polls include one released Wednesday from Fox News that sent shock waves through Washington. It indicated 51 percent of voters support impeaching Trump and removing him from office.

Trump pushed back at that poll vigorously on Thursday, as did his campaign. But the broader fear among Trump loyalists is that Republican elected officials will begin to follow the trends in public opinion — and peel away from the president.

It’s a legitimate worry, according to some moderate Republicans.

Former Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.), who served two terms in Congress before being defeated last November, told The Hill, “Republicans are coming to the realization that this is different than the Mueller probe. This is a lot more radioactive. They are coming to terms with the fact that there is real political risk here for members in swing states and swing districts.”

But the damage has already been done, according to the polls.

An NPR-Marist poll released Thursday indicated that 52 percent of Americans back the impeachment inquiry, with 43 percent opposed. Independent voters had flipped within a few weeks from majority opposition to such an inquiry (50 percent to 44 percent) to majority support (54 percent to 41 percent).

Several other recent polls, from Ipsos, YouGov and Quinnipiac University, have shown rising support for impeachment. The Quinnipiac poll showed an outright majority (53 percent to 43 percent) supporting the inquiry and a sizable minority (45 percent) wanting Trump removed from office outright.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/465313-the-memo-bad-polls-for-trump-shake-gop

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Third Republican governor for the inquiry....

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
This and the polls...

I truly think more and more right-leaning people are recognizing this as an existential threat to the viability or even future existence of the Republican party. It's already facing a tough future considering that its old, angry base won't live forever, but this could hasten its demise. And honestly, I have the same concerns. I've said this before, that we need a sane and sensible conservative party to balance potential liberal excess. We don't have that right now.

bga1

That 10% included a certain game show host from New York.
Yes. He asked the question. For the life of me, I don't see the problem with asking the question and getting Obama to clear it up. I have no problem with that, even though I thought it highly likely that Obama was born in Hawaii. There is no reason that the American people should not have been allowed to be confident of something that is actually a legal requirement for being President (unlike exposing tax returns).

saintpaulguy

Yes. He asked the question. For the life of me, I don't see the problem with asking the question and getting Obama to clear it up. I have no problem with that, even though I thought it highly likely that Obama was born in Hawaii. There is no reason that the American people should not have been allowed to be confident of something that is actually a legal requirement for being President (unlike exposing tax returns).
We've been through this a thousand time, but it is because Trump claimed to have evidence that Obama was not an American, and continues to babble stupid stuff like hinting the doctor who signed the birth certificate was murdered as part of a cover up.

bga1

This and the polls...

I truly think more and more right-leaning people are recognizing this as an existential threat to the viability or even future existence of the Republican party. It's already facing a tough future considering that its old, angry base won't live forever, but this could hasten its demise. And honestly, I have the same concerns. I've said this before, that we need a sane and sensible conservative party to balance potential liberal excess. We don't have that right now.
The problem for you on the polls Bad is twofold:
1. The pollsters are getting samples that lean way too far D. The Fox poll was +14 D in order to get 51% to say yes on impeachment. I just think Ds are easier to get for the pollsters and they are lazy (actually that's the kindest assumption one can make). The real generic ballot is +5 D right now. So that's a 9 point over sample of Ds.

2. It is likely that less than 5% of Americans have read the transcript of the phone call. 75% know the WB claims - through the media and the claims do not match the transcript- not even close. A fair minded person who reads the transcript cannot impeach off of that. If this actually goes to the Senate- the transcript would be read to a national TV audience and it would be an embarrassment for the Dems (if in fact the Dems can actually get embarrassed any more). Furthermore the public will find that the WB colluded with Schiff to get this done. It was a coordinated attack- not a real WB. The Dems are going to try to keep him anonymous to hide the relationships with Biden and Schiff, but it's not going to work.

You are reading that three/four WH officials were horrified when they heard what happened on the call? They weren't horrified about Trump being corrupt. They were horrified about the corruption that Trump was trying to uncover- which leads right back to the Democrat side. Joe Biden and the whole Obama administration has a lot to hide in Ukraine.

Tredwell

The problem for you on the polls Bad is twofold:
1. The pollsters are getting samples that lean way too far D. The Fox poll was +14 D in order to get 51% to say yes on impeachment. I just think Ds are easier to get for the pollsters and they are lazy (actually that's the kindest assumption one can make). The real generic ballot is +5 D right now. So that's a 9 point over sample of Ds.

2. It is likely that less than 5% of Americans have read the transcript of the phone call. 75% know the WB claims - through the media and the claims do not match the transcript- not even close. A fair minded person who reads the transcript cannot impeach off of that. If this actually goes to the Senate- the transcript would be read to a national TV audience and it would be an embarrassment for the Dems (if in fact the Dems can actually get embarrassed any more). Furthermore the public will find that the WB colluded with Schiff to get this done. It was a coordinated attack- not a real WB. The Dems are going to try to keep him anonymous to hide the relationships with Biden and Schiff, but it's not going to work.

You are reading that three/four WH officials were horrified when they heard what happened on the call? They weren't horrified about Trump being corrupt. They were horrified about the corruption that Trump was trying to uncover- which leads right back to the Democrat side. Joe Biden and the whole Obama administration has a lot to hide in Ukraine.
A for Effort

bga1

We've been through this a thousand time, but it is because Trump claimed to have evidence that Obama was not an American, and continues to babble stupid stuff like hinting the doctor who signed the birth certificate was murdered as part of a cover up.
When did he last babble this? Can you dig that out for me? Yes Trump had sources that said Obama's certificate was not legit. So he asked him for it. Obama produced the certificate. Trump said this during the campaign:

(Sept. 2016)

"President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period," Trump said while briefly addressing the subject at the end of a campaign event at his newly built hotel in Washington.

Trump- Aug. 22, 2013, "Why are people upset w/ me over Pres Obama’s birth certificate? I got him to release it, or whatever it was, when nobody else could!"

Wasn't Hillary actually ahead of Trump on trying to expose Obama as having Kenyan roots??

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Isn’t it great to have an Attorney General, DOJ, and FBI that brings people to justice regardless of their political affiliations and how impacts the news narrative?

It’s great having a real Attorney General that won’t bury stories that the MSM will no doubt use to throw shade on the President and his associates.

Section2

Isn’t it great to have an Attorney General, DOJ, and FBI that brings people to justice regardless of their political affiliations and how impacts the news narrative?

It’s great having a real Attorney General that won’t bury stories that the MSM will no doubt use to throw shade on the President and his associates.
Howie told me Barr is the worst

bga1

When did he last babble this? Can you dig that out for me? Yes Trump had sources that said Obama's certificate was not legit. So he asked him for it. Obama produced the certificate. Trump said this during the campaign:

(Sept. 2016)

"President Barack Obama was born in the United States. Period," Trump said while briefly addressing the subject at the end of a campaign event at his newly built hotel in Washington.

Trump- Aug. 22, 2013, "Why are people upset w/ me over Pres Obama’s birth certificate? I got him to release it, or whatever it was, when nobody else could!"

stocker08

This and the polls...

It's a scary path that the repubs are embracing....all in the name of the stupidest president in recent history. They are ready to adopt a new age of Mccarthyism. You don't have to go very far to see it. We have our own junior league of Mccarthys here on the board. CostaRicanTinman, booj, KFC, deuce, ogee, a bunch of stupid unnotables that cannot formulate sentences....

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
So, everybody who worked with Biden ever is in the tank for him?
Dude flew on AF2 with Biden to Ukraine at least once. Coincidentally Biden is being investigated for high level corruption in Ukraine. Quite the string of coincidences.

The truth is, this Ukraine impeachment thing is dead in the water.

Top Bottom