All Things Impeachment Inquiry

Tredwell

The Ds around here keep claiming all of this is so unmistakably impeachable and yet the house won't even make it official. Have any of you thought why that is?
Maybe by the time they decide to "make it official" this number will be 75%

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

+9 from July

bottlebass

Main Member

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

+9 from July
Polls like this have nothing to do with why the Ds haven't made this official. Maybe their re-election polls after a failed impeachment matter to them.

KillerGopherFan

You're asking for protections in a criminal, judicial process. This is a political process. There is no right of due process.
I agree. This is a political process. Concepts of ‘due process’ don’t have to be followed, but the American public has a preference for it.

The Constitution says “the House shall”, but it doesn’t say that the Speaker of the House shall dictate to the House.

Take a vote you f’n cowards. If they had the votes and they didn’t fear the Republican side having a fair chance to put it’s case forward, they’d take a vote.

The Speaker is totally free to continue this farce of an impeachment inquiry rather than having a bi-partisan impeachment inquiry. If this is viewed as a totally partisan hack job, it will lose favor with the moderates and independents. I’m sure it will have no effect on lefty hacks like we have here.

saintpaulguy

I agree. This is a political process. Concepts of ‘due process’ don’t have to be followed, but the American public has a preference for it.

The Constitution says “the House shall”, but it doesn’t say that the Speaker of the House shall dictate to the House.

Take a vote you f’n cowards. If they had the votes and they didn’t fear the Republican side having a fair chance to put it’s case forward, they’d take a vote.

The Speaker is totally free to continue this farce of an impeachment inquiry rather than having a bi-partisan impeachment inquiry. If this is viewed as a totally partisan hack job, it will lose favor with the moderates and independents. I’m sure it will have no effect on lefty hacks like we have here.
Agreed.

bga1

+9 from July
Marketing works even for a bad product. The media is marketing the Dem's cause 24-7. Right now the public is buying. The better informed they are about what they are being sold- the more they will hate what the Dems are selling.

Cruze

Pelosi is going to have an impeachment vote when the time is totally right for the Democrats and completely wrong for the Republicans. That time has not yet arrived. During the last couple of weeks the Trumpster has does a lot of stupid stuff and he continues to make idiotic comments and tweets on a daily basis. His behavior makes him look extremely guilty and it is causing the polls to move against him. Pelosi would be foolish not to milk that for a good while longer. The TV and newspaper stories showing Trump refusing to abide by lawful Congressional subpoenas are priceless.

Last edited:

Tredwell

Trey Gowdy officially joins the Trump legal team tonight.

Wow, looks like Trump is backing down and now going to cooperate with Congress or did I miss something?

KillerGopherFan

Pelosi is going to have an impeachment vote when the time is totally right for the Democrats and completely wrong for the Republicans. That time has not yet arrived. During the last couple of weeks the Trumpster has does a lot of stupid stuff and he continues to make idiotic comments and tweets on a daily basis. His behavior makes him look extremely guilty and it is causing the polls to move against him. Pelosi would be foolish not to milk that for good while longer. The TV and newspaper stories showing Trump refusing to abide by lawful Congressional subpoenas are priceless.
Boy, are you giving Pelosi and the Dems too much credit. The Dems have run a haphazard process and been on their heels most of the time. Trump pants the Dems when he released the call transcript and complaint. The hardcore TDS Dems pushed Pelosi into this farce or she would see her Speakership in jeopardy. Schiff for brains read a fantasy call script to open intelligence committee hearing, lied about contact with the complaintant, then released only truncated texts from key witnesses that appeared incriminating while not releasing the exculpatory parts that provided full context and wouldn’t release Volker’s or Actkinson’s testimony b/c it too was exculpatory.

Today, the DNC Communications Director actually said that the Dems have all the evidence that they need to impeach, but Pelosi wants to gather all the evidence and make sure that the process “is fair and transparent”.

Fair and transparent...for who?

Lies and more lies. You know the Dems are lying when you see their mouths moving.

KillerGopherFan

Trey Gowdy officially joins the Trump legal team tonight.

Wow, looks like Trump is backing down and now going to cooperate with Congress or did I miss something?

This whole hypocrisy game can be played both ways. The Democrats have been far more contradictory of themselves b/c more of them were around when Clinton was impeached. Pelosi, Schumer, Nadler were all screaming about the impeachment of Clinton, who actually was guilty of several crimes, including lying under oath and real obstruction of justice.

The truth is that if this were a legitimate bi-partisan impeachment inquiry, there would be significantly less withholding of documents and testimony. And, Gowdy’s requests for documents was as an oversight function, not an impeachment.

Pelosi is going to have an impeachment vote when the time is totally right for the Democrats and completely wrong for the Republicans. That time has not yet arrived. During the last couple of weeks the Trumpster has does a lot of stupid stuff and he continues to make idiotic comments and tweets on a daily basis. His behavior makes him look extremely guilty and it is causing the polls to move against him. Pelosi would be foolish not to milk that for a good while longer. The TV and newspaper stories showing Trump refusing to abide by lawful Congressional subpoenas are priceless.
Bombshell. We’re at the tipping point. Beginning of the end. Walls closing in. Noose tightening.

bga1

Mueller is going to nail Trump after Manafort, Cohen and Flynn all flip on him That time has not yet arrived. During the last couple of weeks the Trumpster has does a lot of stupid stuff and he continues to make idiotic comments and tweets on a daily basis. His behavior makes him look extremely guilty and it is causing the polls to move against him. The TV and newspaper stories showing Trump refusing to give Mueller an interview are priceless.
You should save this paragraph so that it will be easy for you to fill in the next time you have Trump nailed

TruthSeeker

The House makes its own rules on proceedings and it has the sole power of Impeachment. If they want to empower Pelosi, then they have the absolute power to do so. They can conduct Impeachment however they want in any manner they see fit.

There's no credible argument to the contrary.

MplsGopher

Exactly correct.

And she is following the official process. It is official now. Only a fool who doesn’t understand the constitution would say otherwise.

KillerGopherFan

The House makes its own rules on proceedings and it has the sole power of Impeachment. If they want to empower Pelosi, then they have the absolute power to do so. They can conduct Impeachment however they want in any manner they see fit.

There's no credible argument to the contrary.
I said that I agree that it is a political process. They have the majority, and passivity or complicity to the Speaker’s actions may very well be in accordance with the Constitution, but it was not the intention of the Founding Fathers to conduct impeachment as a partisan matter. Impeachment was not intended to be a process for destroying your political opponent, and the more partisan that it appears, the less likely the public will accept it.

The Democrats have painted themselves into a corner. If they don’t vote for an impeachment inquiry, the may have no remedy to forcing the executive branch to cooperate with their charade. In that case, they either have to seek a remedy through the courts, which will certainly take time and they could lose, or pull they plug on this inquiry, and they’re left holding their dicks.

If they do vote on a bi-partisan impeachment inquiry, there’s a risk they won’t have the votes. If they do have the votes, those Dem congressmen in Trump districts will be more at risk in 2020. If a vote passes an impeachment inquiry, the Republicans will be able to present a defense, call their own witnesses, and it will likely be much more transparent. Again, they would lose control of the narrative.

So they can go ahead, do whatever they want to do. I’m sure they’re going to take a dump and they and the MSM are going to say that they created a work of art.

Last edited:

howeda7

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-09/trump-urged-top-aide-to-help-giuliani-client-facing-doj-charges

President Donald Trump pressed then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help persuade the Justice Department to drop a criminal case against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was a client of Rudy Giuliani, according to three people familiar with the 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.

Tillerson refused, arguing it would constitute interference in an ongoing investigation of the trader, Reza Zarrab, according to the people. They said other participants in the Oval Office were shocked by the request.

Tillerson immediately repeated his objections to then-Chief of Staff John Kelly in a hallway conversation just outside the Oval Office, emphasizing that the request would be illegal.

bga1

Also Lindsay Graham about Democrats at the Kavanaugh hearing:

Graham: I cannot imagine what you and your family have gone through. Boy, you [Democrats] all want power. God, I hope you never get it. I hope the American people can see through this sham. That you knew about it and you held it. You had no intention of protecting Dr. Ford. None.

She’s as much of a victim as you are. God, I hate to say it because these have been my friends, but let me tell you, when it comes to this, you’re looking for a fair process, you came to the wrong town at the wrong time, my friend. Do you consider this a job interview?

KillerGopherFan

Zelensky strongly publicly restates that Trump did not attempt to blackmail Ukraine. No quid pro quo, no threat, nothing.

I doubt you CNN and MSNBC viewers heard that, not that it matters.

This is just the most recent pretense to impeach Trump.

Section2

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-09/trump-urged-top-aide-to-help-giuliani-client-facing-doj-charges

President Donald Trump pressed then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help persuade the Justice Department to drop a criminal case against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was a client of Rudy Giuliani, according to three people familiar with the 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.

Tillerson refused, arguing it would constitute interference in an ongoing investigation of the trader, Reza Zarrab, according to the people. They said other participants in the Oval Office were shocked by the request.

Tillerson immediately repeated his objections to then-Chief of Staff John Kelly in a hallway conversation just outside the Oval Office, emphasizing that the request would be illegal.
Bombshell! This time the anonymous people have got him.

bga1

Zelensky strongly publicly restates that Trump did not attempt to blackmail Ukraine. No quid pro quo, no threat, nothing.

I doubt you CNN and MSNBC viewers heard that, not that it matters.

This is just the most recent pretense to impeach Trump.
In addition to that- the transcript if released would show that Volker repeatedly said that there was no connection between aide being released and investigating the Bidens. The whole thing is a garbage fishing expedition and the Dems know it otherwise they would vote. They want to start questioning everyone and digging to see if they can find something else since they currently have nothing.

bga1

It's worth the effort to try to get the interviews and documents, but if the White House won't comply, then at some point you're right, just impeach the guy.
Right. Because they are fishing for some actual problem. What they have now is not enough.

This would be very similar to the Rs impeaching Obama because of allegations about his birth certificate. Would you have been okay with using the full power of congress to investigate whether Obama was legally the President if it was really a fishing expedition just to dig into his full history? Of course you wouldn't and neither did the Rs. At what point will you just accept the past election?

Section2

It's worth the effort to try to get the interviews and documents, but if the White House won't comply, then at some point you're right, just impeach the guy.
The Democrats got their Mueller investigation. They failed. I don't support 100% attack and investigation all the time. At a certain point, it's enough. There's an election a year away. If you want to impeach, go for it. If I'm Trump, I'm done with it.

Cruze

The Democrats got their Mueller investigation. They failed. I don't support 100% attack and investigation all the time. At a certain point, it's enough. There's an election a year away. If you want to impeach, go for it. If I'm Trump, I'm done with it.
Hold your horses, No. 2. New information is coming out every day about the Trumpster's lies, corruption, and obstruction of justice. It doesn't make sense for Pelosi to hold a vote on impeachment until the investigative well runs dry. Impeachment is coming but the American people are going to have to wait until a more complete record against Trump is made including his on-going efforts to obstruct justice. Trump will get his day in court in the U.S. Senate trial provided Mitch allows it to happen (which is highly unlikely). Since the American people need to see ALL of the evidence against Trump it is going to be up to Pelosi and the Democrats to give it to them.

MplsGopher

No, they want the actual impeachment to happen RIGHT NOW! That’s what’s fair, and what the American people think is legitimate!

(would you please hurry up! We’re scared of what else is going to come out and/or what Trump is going to f__ up next!)

Tredwell

2 of these 4 are now under arrest:

2 of those 4 were cited in Trump's lawyer's letter to Democrats just a couple of days ago:

Last edited:
Top Bottom