All Things Impeachment Inquiry

howeda7

Reaction score
If a bunch of Economically Anxious Nationalist Patriot Warriors can march on the worldly city of Charlottesville, VA with tiki torches, then 75% of the country that's still sane can march on Washington.

Wanna come try to stop us? Come on out, it'll be a gas
FIFY

howeda7

Reaction score
Now it comes out that Trump's legal team was writing some of the R questions. How pathetic. Every R Senator will be remembered as a pathetic spineless Trump stooge long after he's dead. But they get go cling to power a while longer. That's all that matters.

howeda7

Reaction score
He can try. But that’s when we march on Washington, of course.
He'll order the military to turn some big, beautiful tanks on you. Killing American citizens is fine as long as it helps him stay in power. It's in the national interest.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Now it comes out that Trump's legal team was writing some of the R questions. How pathetic. Every R Senator will be remembered as a pathetic spineless Trump stooge long after he's dead. But they get go cling to power a while longer. That's all that matters.
Every way of life and predominate worldview eventually dies out. Time changes things, for better or for worse.

We're witnessing the bitter, vindictive death rattle of the the conservative worldview. That way of thinking, that way of living a life ... it's dying. It has maybe a couple more generations before it's dead, for all intents and purposes.

Today's moderates will be the new conservatives, and today's radical left will be the new liberals.

howeda7

Reaction score
Every way of life and predominate worldview eventually dies out. Time changes things, for better or for worse.

We're witnessing the bitter, vindictive death rattle of the the conservative worldview. That way of thinking, that way of living a life ... it's dying. It has maybe a couple more generations before it's dead, for all intents and purposes.

Today's moderates will be the new conservatives, and today's radical left will be the new liberals.
It was always inevitable that there would be backlash to Obama's election and the old white men realizing they were losing power. But it was a much bigger and more successful backlash then almost anyone saw coming. The Senate and the courts they've managed to pack will drag it out much longer than it should.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It was always inevitable that there would be backlash to Obama's election and the old white men realizing they were losing power. But it was a much bigger and more successful backlash then almost anyone saw coming. The Senate and the courts they've managed to pack will drag it out much longer than it should.
They also used illegal partisan gerrymandering to have control of the house longer than they should have.

The bad faith on the SCOTUS can be undone by adding more justices.

But the senate is f__ked, so long as little piss ant states like Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, etc. get to have the same number of senators as big, important states like California, Texas, Florida, and New York.

That will take a massive overhaul of the constitution. It would make the country light-years better, but I just don't ever see it happening as is. We need a break up of the country, to ever get there.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Roberts is known that he won't break a tie, so once Alexander said no, that was the cover for the others to tuck tail.

Section2

Reaction score
Every D senator will be remembered as a loser. Especially Liz Warren.

Section2

Reaction score
They also used illegal partisan gerrymandering to have control of the house longer than they should have.

The bad faith on the SCOTUS can be undone by adding more justices.

But the senate is f__ked, so long as little piss ant states like Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, etc. get to have the same number of senators as big, important states like California, Texas, Florida, and New York.

That will take a massive overhaul of the constitution. It would make the country light-years better, but I just don't ever see it happening as is. We need a break up of the country, to ever get there.
We need to protect the constitution! No not that part!

Section2

Reaction score
I don't care if white men lose power as long as it's you and Bernie and Schiff and Biden, etc.

bga1

Reaction score
Signs pointing to Murkowski as a no on witnesses.
I'd guess that a few Dems are going to slip in and vote no, now that it is assured. I like it that Romney is isolated here. I have no problem with Collins- she has a tough state and she stepped up in the Kavanaugh deal and showed her mettle.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If it's a for-sure No vote, then red state Dems would be stupid to vote Yes. No one would blame them at all.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

"
Sen. Lamar Alexander, R-Tenn., says that while he believes President Trump has acted inappropriately, he does not need to hear from witnesses in Trump's impeachment trial.

Alexander is among a key group of Republicans whom Democrats hoped to persuade to join them in their effort to call witnesses.

"I don't need to hear any more evidence to decide that the president did what he's charged with doing," Alexander told NPR's Steve Inskeep on Friday. "So if you've got eight witnesses saying that you left the scene of an accident, you don't need nine."

Alexander announced on Thursday night that he would not vote to call witnesses, all but assuring the trial will end without senators hearing additional testimony.

"I agree he did something inappropriate, but I don't agree he did anything akin to treason, bribery, high crimes and misdemeanors. I think there's a big gap there," Alexander told NPR.

Citing an argument by Trump attorney Alan Dershowitz, Alexander said: "Forty presidents have been accused of abuse of power since Washington. So, many presidents have done inappropriate things. I think it's appropriate for me as a United States senator to say, 'Mr. President, you shouldn't do that.' But that doesn't mean that I should take it upon myself to vote, to remove him from office and take him off the ballot. I think that's up to the people."

Alexander, who has announced he will be retiring at the end of his current term, said he still supports President Trump's reelection.

"

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Loony Left out in force today with another farce put to bed. What's next? Gotta be something economy related; maybe something along the narrative of:

"If a little flu can rile the markets like this, that proves the Trump economy is sick and could collapse at any time"

bga1

Reaction score
This was a funny end to last night's Dem clown show. Here's the video of Schiff trying to chase down the fleet footed Nadler to the podium for closing remarks. The ladies in the background are staffers who did not miss what a mess it was... :)

Section2

Reaction score
I'd guess that a few Dems are going to slip in and vote no, now that it is assured. I like it that Romney is isolated here. I have no problem with Collins- she has a tough state and she stepped up in the Kavanaugh deal and showed her mettle.
I would be so thrilled if Sinema voted no.

justthefacts

Reaction score
This was a funny end to last night's Dem clown show. Here's the video of Schiff trying to chase down the fleet footed Nadler to the podium for closing remarks. The ladies in the background are staffers who did not miss what a mess it was... :)

Nadler knew that he wouldn't get any more chances to make his case because he'd have to leave to tend to his seriously ill wife of 44 year. HILARIOUS!

howeda7

Reaction score
No Dems will vote no on the witnesses. You might get Manchin or Jones on the obstruction article. I'm not sure why. Jones has no shot and Manchin will be 84 when his term is up.

Section2

Reaction score
oh stop with the dramatics. Are you trying to compete with Schiffshow?
It's not a shot at Nadler, it's a shot at Schiff. Jerry, jerry, jerry! Schiff wanted that spotlight and Nadler stole it. That is indeed hilarious. Sorry to hear about Jerry's wife tho.

howeda7

Reaction score
"Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office."

Spineless Marco Rubio trying to avoid angering Dear Leader while remaining viable once the Trumpster party implodes. No one will fall for it. Coward.

Top Bottom