All Things Gopher Baseball

Goldy Gopher

Reaction score
Hope you're right about next year as this year is lost. Think you have to look a little at the recruiting and coaching if pitching struggles this badly, even considering injuries.

You follow this closer than I do so a serious, legit question. You point to Michigan adding roster spots (42) I think yiu said. What are all the other BIG teams doing? Like MN or like MI?
Honestly haven't looked at it real close. Looking at the usual other top teams in the conference Indiana and Ohio State are right around 45, Nebraska is like 38, Illinois is around 35, Maryland is 41, and Iowa is like 41. One other difference between those rosters is a team like Nebraska had 4-5 guys transfer out at semester after seeing where they are at fall ball. Minnesota baseball doesn't have many transfer outs at all, there have been a few guys who have just decided to be done with baseball but I honestly can't remember the last Gopher baseball player to transfer.

Goldy Gopher

Reaction score
Ireland out for year along with Klassen. OUCH!!
Broadcast today seemed to think Ireland's shutdown was more precautionary with the injury and where they are this season no reason to push him to pitch again this year but I don't know for sure how serious his is. They also said he is the 4th scholarship pitcher out for the year. Ireland, Klassen, Anderson, and Horton I think.

Good KNight

Reaction score
Very difficult to compete when AD says to stay at 35 while other teams go to 42 with grad transfers that are grown men. Then add injuries and it is really bad.

Top Bottom