All Things "Drain the Swamp"

justthefacts

There's the ongoing Conflicts of Interest thread. There were threads on the corruption of Wilbur Ross and Tom Price and Scott Pruitt and Ryan Zinke. There's a thread on all the lobbyists that populate the Trump administration. We never even discussed Brenda Fitzgerald. Let's just have a single thread to track the ongoing commitment to Drain the Swamp. That was a key part of Trump's campaign and a key reason so many people voted for him, so I know there will be genuine shock and dismay among his supporters when stories pop up that undercut that message. I'm also certain that the board's Republicans will continue in their strident defense of small government and thus attacks on wasteful spending.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/10/mcconnell-elaine-chao-1358068

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Let's have a dedicated thread where you acknowledge how wrong you've been at every turn on the Russia investigation. You've dropped out of all those threads, but have yet to admit you were dead wrong. Now's your chance.

stocker08

Let's have a dedicated thread where you acknowledge how wrong you've been at every turn on the Russia investigation. You've dropped out of all those threads, but have yet to admit you were dead wrong. Now's your chance.
The Russia investigation turned up enough dirt on Trump that he couldn't be exonerated. And Trump's lackey had to hide a bunch of the report from Congress to maintain any sense of innocence.

But what does that have to do with the OP? Start your own thread. We all see your lazy attempts to distract from Trump failures.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bga1

There is so much corruption in DC and it has gone on for so long that it is just incredible. I have not believed it for years, I'll admit it. I knew there was corruption but not as big as we are now finding and will find in the coming few years. The current DOJ is involved in a ton of corruption, money laundering and influence cases many of which make their way back to the DC swamp. They want ONLY establishment critters to be part of the club. The critters are indeed on both sides of the aisle. McConnell, the departed Ryan and many other Rs are swampers. Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer, Schiff and many more Dems are deep in the swamp. Most all of them have conflicts of interest and that's why so many investigations dry up suddenly as they know they will get outed if they out someone else.

The last thing any of these establishment types wanted was an outsider and an uncontrollable sort like Donald Trump to become President. It makes their nice little game so much less comfortable. Right now the Dems are after Trump hard because they cannot let him reveal what they have done. A lot of the NeverTrumper Rs have already fled (Ryan for example) and more are to come.

justthefacts

There is so much corruption in DC and it has gone on for so long that it is just incredible. I have not believed it for years, I'll admit it. I knew there was corruption but not as big as we are now finding and will find in the coming few years. The current DOJ is involved in a ton of corruption, money laundering and influence cases many of which make their way back to the DC swamp. They want ONLY establishment critters to be part of the club. The critters are indeed on both sides of the aisle. McConnell, the departed Ryan and many other Rs are swampers. Pelosi, Feinstein, Schumer, Schiff and many more Dems are deep in the swamp. Most all of them have conflicts of interest and that's why so many investigations dry up suddenly as they know they will get outed if they out someone else.

The last thing any of these establishment types wanted was an outsider and an uncontrollable sort like Donald Trump to become President. It makes their nice little game so much less comfortable. Right now the Dems are after Trump hard because they cannot let him reveal what they have done. A lot of the NeverTrumper Rs have already fled (Ryan for example) and more are to come.
Yeah, Trump really taught McConnell a harsh lesson when he appointed McConnell's wife to be Secretary of Transportation. Will McConnell ever recover from this severe punishment?

howeda7

Yeah, Trump really taught McConnell a harsh lesson when he appointed McConnell's wife to be Secretary of Transportation. Will McConnell ever recover from this severe punishment?

The Transportation Department under Secretary Elaine Chao designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky, paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.

Chao’s aide Todd Inman, who stated in an email to McConnell’s Senate office that Chao had personally asked him to serve as an intermediary, helped advise the senator and local Kentucky officials on grants with special significance for McConnell — including a highway-improvement project in a McConnell political stronghold that had been twice rejected for previous grant applications.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/10/mcconnell-elaine-chao-1358068

TruthSeeker

McConnell and Chao are as crooked as it gets. Her family's shipping company is connected to the highest levels of the Chinese government. She is using her position to as Transportation Secretary to enrich the family business. Think about that. The head of a U.S. Cabinet is strongly connected to the VERY TOP of the Communist government in China through her family's shipping company thst primarily does business in China.

McConnell is banking on the corrupt Chinese cash from big donations and other crooked dealings with his wife.

He should be impeached and removed. Losing in 2020 is too good for Cocaine Mitch.

KillerGopherFan

McConnell and Chao are as crooked as it gets. Her family's shipping company is connected to the highest levels of the Chinese government. She is using her position to as Transportation Secretary to enrich the family business. Think about that. The head of a U.S. Cabinet is strongly connected to the VERY TOP of the Communist government in China through her family's shipping company thst primarily does business in China.

McConnell is banking on the corrupt Chinese cash from big donations and other crooked dealings with his wife.

He should be impeached and removed. Losing in 2020 is too good for Cocaine Mitch.
This is a non-story. Her family has been in this business long before she graduated HS. She was previously the Sec. of Labor and Deputy Sec of Transportation before she was married to McConnell.

If there is corruption, name specifically what the corruption is? What the illegalities were/are?

howeda7

This is a non-story. Her family has been in this business long before she graduated HS. She was previously the Sec. of Labor and Deputy Sec of Transportation before she was married to McConnell.

If there is corruption, name specifically what the corruption is? What the illegalities were/are?
Lick lick. Anything to defend Dear Leader. You make Fox News look fair and balanced.

howeda7

A real estate company part-owned by Jared Kushner has received $90m in foreign funding from an opaque offshore vehicle since he entered the White House as a senior adviser to his father-in-law Donald Trump.

Investment has flowed from overseas to the company, Cadre, while Kushner works as an international envoy for the US, according to corporate filings and interviews. The money came through a vehicle run by Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven that guarantees corporate secrecy.

Kushner, who is married to Trump’s elder daughter Ivanka, kept a stake in Cadre after joining the administration, while selling other assets. His holding is now valued at up to $50m, according to his financial disclosure documents.

Cadre’s foreign funding could create hidden conflicts of interest for Kushner as he performs his work for the US government, according to some ethics experts, who raised concerns over the lack of transparency around the investments.

“It will cause people to wonder whether he is being improperly influenced,” said Jessica Tillipman, a lecturer at George Washington University law school, who teaches government ethics and anti-corruption laws.

Kushner was initially denied a security clearance by career officials when he joined Trump’s administration. A whistleblower has told Congress it was blocked due to concerns about Kushner’s outside business interests and “foreign influence”. Kushner was later granted a clearance, allegedly after a Trump appointee intervened.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/company-part-owned-by-jared-kushner-got-dollar90m-from-unknown-offshore-investors-since-2017/ar-AACE9am

Section2

Why don't we just have one "All Things Howie and JTF and Cruise Vent their Hatred Thread" and call it a day.

KillerGopherFan

Lick lick. Anything to defend Dear Leader. You make Fox News look fair and balanced.
Ok then, tell me the crime that’s been committed? What’s the corruption?

But you have no problem with Biden’s son traveling to China with dad as VP on a US govt trip and coming out of it with a $1.1 billion loan from a state-owned Chinese bank for his private equity startup. That’s all good.

Hypocrite howie strikes again!

Oh, I can hear your response: “I’m not in favor of that. I’m absolved.” But you’d still vote for him if he’s the Dem nominee.

howeda7

Ok then, tell me the crime that’s been committed? What’s the corruption?

But you have no problem with Biden’s son traveling to China with dad as VP on a US govt trip and coming out of it with a $1.1 billion loan from a state-owned Chinese bank for his private equity startup. That’s all good.

Hypocrite howie strikes again!

Oh, I can hear your response: “I’m not in favor of that. I’m absolved.” But you’d still vote for him if he’s the Dem nominee.
What's the corruption? Funneling millions of transportation projects to Kentucky to help Hubby Turtle Mitch. Don't play dumb.

Did I say I had to problem with that? We need to call out all of it, not #yeahbut and ignore it. You're the hypocrite. Almost as shameless as Beeg.

howeda7

Elaine Chao reportedly helped secure millions of dollars in federal money requested by her husband, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell, for his home state of Kentucky by using her official capacity as secretary of the Department of Transportation, a move that ethics officials have lambasted and even consider impeachable.

Around the time of his 2020 reelection campaign announcement in April and in the run-up to it, McConnell was able to get at least $78 million in federal funds approved for local projects, in large part thanks to a role created for one of Chao's aides, who then operated as an intermediary between her office and that of McConnell, according to Politico.

The revelations have raised conflicts of interest concerns among ethics experts, with at least one going so far as to suggest Chao should be removed from office.

"This is the sort of thing that should lead to the impeachment of a corrupt official -- that is, if her corrupt husband weren't in a position to block that impeachment," Walter Shaub said on Twitter. Currently a senior adviser for the group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), Shaub served as the director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics under Presidents Barack Obama and Donald Trump.

"We are now a full-fledged banana republic," he continued. "We have nothing to teach the rest of the world except what not to be.

https://www.newsweek.com/mitch-mcconnell-elaine-chao-conflict-interest-1443148

Section2

What's the corruption? Funneling millions of transportation projects to Kentucky to help Hubby Turtle Mitch. Don't play dumb.

Did I say I had to problem with that? We need to call out all of it, not #yeahbut and ignore it. You're the hypocrite. Almost as shameless as Beeg.
Millions of projects?

We shouldn't yeabbut it, but Howie's going to ignore Joe's corruption.

bga1

I think it's a fine view to hold. My only objection is people who suddenly woke up in 2016 to the way our government operates.
His is a stupid view to hold. "He and all of his folks are grifters and thugs?" That is one of the most vapid statements ever- even for jammer. You were far too kind in response to an idiotic, drive by statement like that.

I don't object to people waking up to the truth at any time- as long as what they wake up to is really the truth and not some convenient way to adjust things to fit their current political needs.

Section2

His is a stupid view to hold. "He and all of his folks are grifters and thugs?" That is one of the most vapid statements ever- even for jammer. You were far too kind in response to an idiotic, drive by statement like that.

I don't object to people waking up to the truth at any time- as long as what they wake up to is really the truth and not some convenient way to adjust things to fit their current political needs.
In the context of: most of our government is made up of grifters and thugs and thieves. If that's your view, sure I can see it. If you think Obama and the Dems are pure as snow, and Repubs are the only bad ones. You're naive and vapid. And vice versa.

TruthSeeker

LOL!

Cocaine Mitch is a dirty dealer. His wife is corrupt too. Try Google.

howeda7

You're right. He shouldn't have said all. I'm not aware of Tiffany or Baron getting in on the looting.

stocker08

A real estate company part-owned by Jared Kushner has received $90m in foreign funding from an opaque offshore vehicle since he entered the White House as a senior adviser to his father-in-law Donald Trump.

Investment has flowed from overseas to the company, Cadre, while Kushner works as an international envoy for the US, according to corporate filings and interviews. The money came through a vehicle run by Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven that guarantees corporate secrecy.

Kushner, who is married to Trump’s elder daughter Ivanka, kept a stake in Cadre after joining the administration, while selling other assets. His holding is now valued at up to $50m, according to his financial disclosure documents.

Cadre’s foreign funding could create hidden conflicts of interest for Kushner as he performs his work for the US government, according to some ethics experts, who raised concerns over the lack of transparency around the investments.

“It will cause people to wonder whether he is being improperly influenced,” said Jessica Tillipman, a lecturer at George Washington University law school, who teaches government ethics and anti-corruption laws.

Kushner was initially denied a security clearance by career officials when he joined Trump’s administration. A whistleblower has told Congress it was blocked due to concerns about Kushner’s outside business interests and “foreign influence”. Kushner was later granted a clearance, allegedly after a Trump appointee intervened.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/company-part-owned-by-jared-kushner-got-dollar90m-from-unknown-offshore-investors-since-2017/ar-AACE9am
Why don't we just have one "All Things Howie and JTF and Cruise Vent their Hatred Thread" and call it a day.
Funny. Deuce was critical of this kind of thing up until a couple of years ago. Now? Sweep it under the rug and #yabut. Another example of the non existent deuce principals. What a sham.

Section2

Funny. Deuce was critical of this kind of thing up until a couple of years ago. Now? Sweep it under the rug and #yabut. Another example of the non existent deuce principals. What a sham.
Oh I'm still critical of it, I just don't trust the the reporting of an activist journalist from the Guardian who retweets AOC, just like you don't trust articles from the Daily Caller. I wouldn't at all be surprised to find key details missing.

Top Bottom