All things dinosaurs

OldBob53

Reaction score
What was the meaning of dinosaurs ruling the Earth for more than 100 million years? Rewatching Jurassic Park.

Cruze

Reaction score
What was the meaning of dinosaurs ruling the Earth for more than 100 million years? Rewatching Jurassic Park.
Dinosaurs may no longer rule the earth but they still rule the imaginations of little kids. My granddaughter is obsessed with them.

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
They were a lot easier on the place than we've been.

Gopherlife

Reaction score
They were a lot easier on the place than we've been.
I don't know. Humans have wanted to tax cow farts. Imagine how much methane the dinosaurs emitted. Not to mention that all of that mass couldn't have been good for the earth, plants, etc., that they were trampling on. And don't get me started on all of the trees they probably ruined. 🙂

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Dinosaurs were tough, but the big meteorite and volcanic eruptions were tougher. Those two events led to major climate changes and paved the way for diversification of species and the age of the mammals.

Either that, or they saw Raquel Welch in the fur bikini and lost their minds.

OldBob53

Reaction score
But they ruled the Earth for over 100 million years. 100 million years, let that sink in. By comparison, Man has ruled the Earth for about 10,000 years. By my arithmetic: Dinosaurs ruled the Earth at least 10,000 times longer than has Man.

Last edited:

OldBob53

Reaction score
Why did God make dinosaurs rule the Earth for more than 100 million years, whilst our ancestors were lizards and then small squirrelish mammals?

Gopherlife

Reaction score
Why did God make dinosaurs rule the Earth for more than 100 million years, whilst our ancestors were lizards and then small squirrelish mammals?
I'm amazed that you somehow know all of that as fact. God, is that you?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
But they ruled the Earth for over 100 million years. 100 million years, let that sink in. By comparison, Man has ruled the Earth for about 10,000 years. By my arithmetic: Dinosaurs ruled the Earth at least 10,000 times longer than has Man.
What in the wide-world-of-Sports is this 100 million years to which you keep referring? The Earth was manufactured in only the past 6000 years...give or take 6 days.

Dean S

Reaction score
I was manufactured in about 6 minutes, give or take 5.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Dinosaurs were tough, but the big meteorite and volcanic eruptions were tougher. Those two events led to major climate changes and paved the way for diversification of species and the age of the mammals.

Either that, or they saw Raquel Welch in the fur bikini and lost their minds.
...or got ridden to death by Ringo Starr.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
There was no single extinction event, and all dinosaurs did not exist at the same time, some separated by millions of years.

Now here's the crazy part... Chronologically, T-Rex was on Earth closer to humans than it was to a stegosaurus. At least according to my kids' dino book.

OldBob53

Reaction score
There was no single extinction event, and all dinosaurs did not exist at the same time, some separated by millions of years.

Now here's the crazy part... Chronologically, T-Rex was on Earth closer to humans than it was to a stegosaurus. At least according to my kids' dino book.
There was no single extinction event? How about the asteroid strike off Mexico 65 million years ago? It was a big one.

OldBob53

Reaction score
Make it 6000 yrs ago, and I’ll believe it.
In biblical times a year was considered to be 1 million of the years we know now. So 6000 of their years equals 6 billion now, which actually overstates the age of Earth by 1.5 billion years.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
In biblical times a year was considered to be 1 million of the years we know now. So 6000 of their years equals 6 billion now, which actually overstates the age of Earth by 1.5 billion years.
Are you suggesting the Bible has got its facts wrong?

OldBob53

Reaction score
Are you suggesting the Bible has got its facts wrong?
The Bible got this one right anyway: "Let there be light", in the early verses of Genesis. Big Bang, that's exactly what happened. God is very busy, in a hurry, and he got the timing wrong, it was actually 14 billion years ago, the Big Bang that is. Probably just a typo.

Last edited:

GoodasGold

Reaction score
The Bible got this one right anyway: "Let there be light", in the early verses of Genesis. Big Bang, that's exactly what happened. God is very busy, in a hurry, and he got the timing wrong, it was actually 14 billion years ago, the Big Bang that is. Probably just a typo.
I’m afraid we’re going to have to agree to disagree. Respectfully, this is how it went down....6000 years ago!
B5214647-79B7-401E-8F63-1E035BBDB898.jpeg

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
There was no single extinction event? How about the asteroid strike off Mexico 65 million years ago? It was a big one.
There were no stegosauri around 65 million years ago, more like double that. So what killed off the stegosaurus 65 million years before the asteroid killed off the t-rex?

OldBob53

Reaction score
There were no stegosauri around 65 million years ago, more like double that. So what killed off the stegosaurus 65 million years before the asteroid killed off the t-rex?
That's called natural evolution, not an instantaneous global castrophe as the Yucatan mega-asteroid caused. It took millions of years for stegosaurus if you're correct. It took a few months for most all species to be killed off after the impact.

By the way, we're about due for another one.

Last edited:

GopherJake

Reaction score
T-Rex?

Top Bottom