All things Derek Chauvin trial

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Someone "exponentially more successful" than me wouldn't feel the need to boast about it anonymously on a msg board.

Repeatedly.

I was talking about the medical examiner that you called a quack too. He is exponentially more successful than you. You know, that "quack".

I would definitely say it to your face too, but I have a feeling you're the kind of guy who sits in the shadows in real life. Stupid people rarely have this kind of confidence in real life.

As far as bringing up that I'm exponentially more successful than you, I only do that because you repeatedly bring up my profession. You and that other loser that couldn't spell Columbia constantly do it. You two are obviously not doing well in life and my profession bothers you.

As for me, being exponentially more successful than you is not a high standard. Like I said, I'm surprised you can tie your shoes. I don't think being more successful than you would not be something anyone brags about, it's the bare minimum of being a productive member of society and/or having a fully functioning brain.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I was under the impression you didn't approve of these kinds of over the internet judgements on things you're in no position to judge.
You would be under that impression because you're a F'n idiot who can't follow a thread of logic.

You don't have any medical background whatsoever and you're calling a medical expert a quack. If another doctor said that the medical expert was a quack because of XYZ, it would mean something. You are barely intellectually capable of ordering a pizza. You're out of your depth even pretending to have an opinion on a medical examiner.

I have a legal background. I don't care if you give a sh!t about my opinion because you're a profound idiot, but I am in the same profession as the person I'm judging.

I know that's more nuanced than your brain will ever be able to grasp, but if you had called some guy was an expert at playing in the dirt and having a horrible life, your opinion would hold some water.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
You would be under that impression because you're a F'n idiot who can't follow a thread of logic.

You don't have any medical background whatsoever and you're calling a medical expert a quack. If another doctor said that the medical expert was a quack because of XYZ, it would mean something. You are barely intellectually capable of ordering a pizza. You're out of your depth even pretending to have an opinion on a medical examiner.

I have a legal background. I don't care if you give a sh!t about my opinion because you're a profound idiot, but I am in the same profession as the person I'm judging.

I know that's more nuanced than your brain will ever be able to grasp, but if you had called some guy was an expert at playing in the dirt and having a horrible life, your opinion would hold some water.
OMG, thank you so much for your free consult - apparently you have a lot of time on your hands at present -

You may want to consider laying off the scotch and go to a salon for a professional dye job in the future.

XOXOXXOXOXO

1619479185918.png

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
OMG, thank you so much for your free consult - apparently you have a lot of time on your hands at present -

You may want to consider laying off the scotch and go to a salon for a professional dye job in the future.

XOXOXXOXOXO

View attachment 12670
You think that is a consultation? You're dumb enough to think any time someone mentions you that they are consulting you? LOL. It's crystal clear why your grandfather was miserable his gene pool was shallow.

If I was to give you a consultation it would just be to disappear quietly. Continue to collect your disability check and try to keep a low profile so you don't continue to embarrass whichever family members still acknowledge your existence.

As far as beauty tips, I'm good without getting them from you. I can't say that I'm shocked that the old man who obsesses over my life has now made a gay joke and tells me how he likes my hair. But I'm not interested.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
You think that is a consultation? You're dumb enough to think any time someone mentions you that they are consulting you? LOL. It's crystal clear why your grandfather was miserable his gene pool was shallow.

If I was to give you a consultation it would just be to disappear quietly. Continue to collect your disability check and try to keep a low profile so you don't continue to embarrass whichever family members still acknowledge your existence.

As far as beauty tips, I'm good without getting them from you. I can't say that I'm shocked that the old man who obsesses over my life has now made a gay joke and tells me how he likes my hair. But I'm not interested.
Check our your reaction score compare to mine.

Yours suck and mine obliterates a non-intellectual dullard such as yourself Rudy. You simply don't measure up online, just like in real life, my precious

Bob_Loblaw

Well-known member​

JoinedOct 23, 2009
Messages 13,041
Reaction score 2,657
Points 113

Gopher_In_NYC

Well-known member​

JoinedApr 19, 2010
Message 4,009
Reaction score 2,778
Points 113

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Check our your reaction score compare to mine.

Yours suck and mine obliterates a non-intellectual dullard such as yourself Rudy. You simply don't measure up online, just like in real life, my precious

Bob_Loblaw

Well-known member​

JoinedOct 23, 2009
Messages 13,041
Reaction score 2,657
Points 113

Gopher_In_NYC

Well-known member​

JoinedApr 19, 2010
Message 4,009
Reaction score 2,778
Points 113

LOL. Did you really point to your reaction score?

Oh grandpa. You're right despite living off of a fake disability scheme, you're a winner. I'm sure the two people hearing your eulogy will be brought to tears thinking about your Gopherhole reaction score. LOL.

Your life is even sh!ttier than I imagined it was. No one who isn't miserable posts their "reaction score" as proof that they aren't a pathetic loser. You should probably talk to someone. I'm sure your Medicare will cover it.

Wanna compare real lives Grandpa? You tell me the criteria and I'd be willing to bet thousands my life is objectively better than yours in every category. We can do bank account, homes, wives, health, whatever criteria you'd like.

I'll give you this though, you are way better than me at scheming the government for money. You're a pro at that.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Just like the rest of your QBoyz, you can't best me on here, just like you don't measure up in real life in all areas, kiddo.

Oh grandpa. You're right despite living off of a fake disability scheme, you're a winner. I'm sure the two people hearing your eulogy will be brought to tears thinking about your Gopherhole reaction score. LOL.

Your life is even sh!ttier than I imagined it was. No one who isn't miserable posts their "reaction score" as proof that they aren't a pathetic loser. You should probably talk to someone. I'm sure your Medicare will cover it.

Wanna compare real lives Grandpa? You tell me the criteria and I'd be willing to bet thousands my life is objectively better than yours in every category. We can do bank account, homes, wives, health, whatever criteria you'd like.

I'll give you this though, you are way better than me at scheming the government for money. You're a pro at that.
1619481499226.png

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

tenor.gif

Nax5

Reaction score
This is beginning to sound like a mental break. You need to relax.

USAF

Reaction score
I was talking about the medical examiner that you called a quack too. He is exponentially more successful than you. You know, that "quack".

I would definitely say it to your face too, but I have a feeling you're the kind of guy who sits in the shadows in real life. Stupid people rarely have this kind of confidence in real life.

As far as bringing up that I'm exponentially more successful than you, I only do that because you repeatedly bring up my profession. You and that other loser that couldn't spell Columbia constantly do it. You two are obviously not doing well in life and my profession bothers you.

As for me, being exponentially more successful than you is not a high standard. Like I said, I'm surprised you can tie your shoes. I don't think being more successful than you would not be something anyone brags about, it's the bare minimum of being a productive member of society and/or having a fully functioning brain.
You sure like to brag anonymously on a msg board about how smart and successful you are.

We're all very impressed.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
If you boys keep this up, I'm going to stop the car!

Mods - might be time to retire this thread. Maybe start a new one when the other three officers go on trial this fall.

Wally

Reaction score
The data shows Black people are less likely to be shot by the police, than White people are.
How many times do you need to hear that the real issue isn't the deaths. All those people are protesting because they know they get treated differently by police, the deaths just catalyze something that is simmering below the surface.

mnvballdad

Reaction score
The data shows Black people are less likely to be shot by the police, than White people are.

That is flat-out false. From a study done by researchers at Yale and the University of Pennsylvania:

In an analysis of 4,653 fatal shootings for which information about both race and age were available, the researchers found a small but statistically significant decline in white deaths (about 1%) but no significant change in deaths for BIPOC. There were 5,367 fatal police shootings during that five-year period, according to the Post’s database. In the case of armed victims, Native Americans were killed by police at a rate three times that of white people (77 total killed). Black people were killed at 2.6 times the rate of white people (1,265 total killed); and Hispanics were killed at nearly 1.3 times the rate of white people (889 total killed). Among unarmed victims, Black people were killed at three times the rate (218 total killed), and Hispanics at 1.45 times the rate of white people (146 total killed).

jamiche

Reaction score

Stop making stupid bets, lobs. You are getting egged on by a guy who has you wound up like a toy and craig's stupid gifs. You look like an idiot.

Maybe you should focus on being a better Board Barrister than Melvin is Board Economist. You aren't handling this other stuff very well at all.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
How is your straight talking guv guv doing, jamm? Can you tell us again how honest he is?

🤣😂🤣😂

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
That faulty study assumes all people commit violent crime at & have police interactions at the same rate, which is incorrect. Roughly 50% of all homicides & 60% of violent assaults are committed by Black people. Only 33% of police shootings are Black people. Black people are actually under-represented in terms of police shootings proportionate to the % of violent crime they commit.

goldengophers

Reaction score
That faulty study assumes all people commit violent crime at & have police interactions at the same rate, which is incorrect. Roughly 50% of all homicides & 60% of violent assaults are committed by Black people. Only 33% of police shootings are Black people. Black people are actually under-represented in terms of police shootings proportionate to the % of violent crime they commit.
I think he's accidentally stumbled onto the circle of oppression leading to depressed wages and living conditions that correlate heavily with crime.

golfing18now

Reaction score
I think he's accidentally stumbled onto the circle of oppression leading to depressed wages and living conditions that correlate heavily with crime.

I think you are making CRG's case for him? I personally believe these shootings have a far higher correlation to economic conditions, living conditions, education levels, family dynamics, criminal behavior etc. than skin color. Trying to point a finger at "systemic" racism in our police departments misses the real problem, in my mind. Solve the disparities in some of these other dynamics and the police killings would subside dramatically.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

It'd be great if you acknowledged the error of posting this study now that I explained it why it's a faulty premise. EcoGopher has gotten pretty quiet as well.

"Is there evidence of a Black–White disparity in death by police gunfire in the United States? This is commonly answered by comparing the odds of being fatally shot for Blacks and Whites, with odds benchmarked against each group’s population proportion. However, adjusting for population values has questionable assumptions given the context of deadly force decisions. We benchmark 2 years of fatal shooting data on 16 crime rate estimates. When adjusting for crime, we find no systematic evidence of anti-Black disparities in fatal shootings, fatal shootings of unarmed citizens, or fatal shootings involving misidentification of harmless objects. Multiverse analyses showed only one significant anti-Black disparity of 144 possible tests. Exposure to police given crime rate differences likely accounts for the higher per capita rate of fatal police shootings for Blacks, at least when analyzing all shootings. For unarmed shootings or misidentification shootings, data are too uncertain to be conclusive."

Is There Evidence of Racial Disparity in Police Use of Deadly Force? Analyses of Officer-Involved Fatal Shootings in 2015–2016

Last edited:

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

I agree 100%. It's not skin color, it's economics & class. Oprah's not driving around with expired tabs, high on drugs, carrying a stolen gun, with a warrant out for her and resisting arrest. You know who does that stuff? Poor people. Poor people are the ones shot by the police, because poor people commit the most violent crime & thus have the most interactions with police. It's just a numbers game.

If you want to fix this problem, you have to put poor families back together, and that starts by bringing manufacturing back to the US, and placing it in inner cities. Generally speaking, a man with a decent paying job, health insurance, paid vacations and a pension, doesn't abandon their kids, run with a street gang, sell crack cocaine, go to prison or loot their own neighborhood at the drop of a hat.

That means we have to reject letting the multinational corporations choose our political representatives, write our laws, and craft our trade deals. Any time you hear someone mention a "service based economy", "the integrated global economy", etc. it's code for exporting our jobs, and increasing income inequality at home, which eventually breeds violent crime & police shootings.

Top Bottom