All things Derek Chauvin trial

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The most common way people overdose is by going through a period of sobriety and then going back to using at the same levels.
Any person who has just taken a lethal overdose of drugs, is fair game to be murdered on the spot, in any way you please.

Interesting argument you have there, Angry!

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if it’s a slam dunk he overdosed, why is the whole MPD lining up to throw Chauvin under the bus?
If it is this obvious I’d think they would worry about their careers and perjury.
The mob won’t care they tried to unjustly convict an innocent man they hate the institution.

Wally

Reaction score
The most common way people overdose is by going through a period of sobriety and then going back to using at the same levels. His girlfriend said they had a period of sobriety together. I realize he could’ve been lying to her.

You are just straight up guessing now.

Wally

Reaction score
He didn't think it was eminently dangerous, he was so strangely confident in himself while the videos ran and citizens objected.

It was the cop attitude, I don't think he was even thinking about Floyd, I think he was thinking about how those spectators weren't going tell him what to do. That's how I saw saw it. Gross negligence which probably equals a manslaughter conviction if your a cop, murder if your not a cop.

My hunch is that Chauven did this kind of suspect restraint all the time with no ill effects.

Kind of like autoerotic asphyxiation....

USAF

Reaction score
He didn't think it was eminently dangerous, he was so strangely confident in himself while the videos ran and citizens objected.

My hunch is that Chauven did this kind of suspect restraint all the time with no ill effects. My hunch is that he could do the same on my or @MplsGopher's neck all day with no death.

A cop with two years until retirement doesn't knowingly destroy himself on video.

As for depraved indifference to human life, doesn't that describe a man with heart failure overdosing on Fentanyl?
Your defense is he did this all the time?

That's like claiming a drunk driver isnt responsible for killing someone because he drove home drunk many times previously and didn't kill anyone.

Christ you're stupid. Or immoral.

I'll go with both.

Last edited:

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if it’s a slam dunk he overdosed, why is the whole MPD lining up to throw Chauvin under the bus?
If it is this obvious I’d think they would worry about their careers and perjury.
The mob won’t care they tried to unjustly convict an innocent man they hate the institution.
Why? Why? Easiest way for o make themselves appear virtuous.

GoldenRodents

Reaction score
Your defense is he did this all the time?

That's like claiming a drunk driver isnt responsible for killing someone because he drive home drunk many times previously and didn't kill anyone.

Christ you're stupid. Or immoral.

I'll go with both.
Actually, I reasonably doubt that the knee on the shoulder blade killed Floyd, a destructive lifestyle killed Floyd.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Why? Why? Easiest way for o make themselves appear virtuous.
So, in short, police officers aren’t really good guys you can trust., but will cover their ass rather than serve the public good. It’s terrible you think this way about our hard working public servants.

USAF

Reaction score
Actually, I reasonably doubt that the knee on the shoulder blade killed Floyd, a destructive lifestyle killed Floyd.
1) You're changing the subject of your earlier post, and

2) in said earlier post, you said he could kneel on your NECK without harming you, so now you're changing the substance as well.

Did or didn't Chauven do this all the time?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
So, in short, police officers aren’t really good guys you can trust., but will cover their ass rather than serve the public good. It’s terrible you think this way about our hard working public servants.
Are you saying all of them , shill?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Public and officers. Smart guy like u know that.
He was going to code out on drugs. Stop breathing on his own. Seems lIke something that does not need that level of restraint, if true.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
It's important to remember Derek Chauvin does not have to prove he didn't kill George FLoyd, or prove that Floyd actually OD'd. All he has to do is create reasonable doubt. Reading through this thread it seems pretty clear there is reasonable doubt. I also have a hard time imagining that among 12 people, none would think there was reasonable doubt. They may convict him anyhow out of fear for their own safety, or because they think a White sacrifice must be made to BLM, but there's clearly reasonable doubt in this case.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It's important to remember Derek Chauvin does not have to prove he didn't kill George FLoyd, or prove that Floyd actually OD'd. All he has to do is create reasonable doubt. Reading through this thread it seems pretty clear there is reasonable doubt. I also have a hard time imagining that among 12 people, none would think there was reasonable doubt. They may convict him anyhow out of fear for their own safety, or because they think a White sacrifice must be made to BLM, but there's clearly reasonable doubt in this case.
Reasonable will be determined when the OD alibi can be reconciled with the restraint.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
He died because he overdosed.
well, why did you detain him?
He was dangerous, but was going to die with no encounter.
it’s the question, and it’s more difficult because somebody is lying.

atsgopher

Reaction score
Chauvin had a duty to help; he shirked that duty no matter what Floyd’s cause of death was..... he’s guilty, it’s only a matter of what.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
In order to have reasonable doubt, you have to think that Mr Floyd was a threat to himself, the officers and the general public. And simultaneously believe that Floyd was going to die anyway. The defense seems to be working an angle where both things are possible, and if they succeed, we are one step closer to a police state, as there is no situation where people die in police custody that can’t be mitigated by the demand for public safety.

stocker08

Reaction score
The procedure for someone OD'ing is to place them on the ground in the 'recovery position', which is what Chauvin did with Floyd. The Chief of Police testified Chauvin's knee was on Floyd's shoulder blade. It was also noted the EMT's could not have checked Floyd's pulse if Chauvin's knee was on his carotid artery.

False. He put him in the position of breathing suppression with a knee on the neck. Murder.

stocker08

Reaction score

It's obvious why. They all saw the video with Chauvin kneeling on the guy as he died. They didn't teach that method of restraint. An EMT on the scene begged to assist Floyd and was refused that chance. If Floyd was dying of an overdose and not the restricted breathing due to Chauvin weighing down on his neck with his knee....then Chauvin personally denied Floyd the opportunity to be helped or have his life saved. That's a big if. Looks pretty obvious that Floyd was having trouble breathing and Chauvin helped him along out of malice.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Chauvin had a duty to help; he shirked that duty no matter what Floyd’s cause of death was..... he’s guilty, it’s only a matter of what.
I agree with you on this. He is most definitely guilty of something but second degree murder? I don’t know.

On the one hand, I can’t get the image of him going silent and yet the officers still sitting on him out of my mind.

But on the other hand, it doesn’t reconcile with his repeated declarations of not being able to breathe long before he was on the ground.

Wally

Reaction score
No, George Floyd’s anxiety, drug use and condition played a role. Chauvin didn’t count on that, but that is also no excuse.

I think the fact that a Minneapolis firefighter was on the sidewalk trying to intervene will push thisover to conviction. That was pretty powerful testimony.

atsgopher

Reaction score
I agree with you on this. He is most definitely guilty of something but second degree murder? I don’t know.

On the one hand, I can’t get the image of him going silent and yet the officers still sitting on him out of my mind.

But on the other hand, it doesn’t reconcile with his repeated declarations of not being able to breathe long before he was on the ground.
I think it’s possible, as juries are not always rational. They all could be incensed.

i think normally the emotional witnesses would help the defense, but the video provides context and thus does not have the same effect. I think that actually plays toward the prosecution.

Top Bottom