All things Derek Chauvin trial

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
In person, on TV, how was the observation done?
This is a weird line of questioning, I don't know if you're delaying to think of something clever or what, please get to the point of your questioning.

I saw them on TV. I wasn't there when St. Floyd perished.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
And yet, you know. That’s a skill.
What? LOL. Is that really the argument that you were slow playing? LOL.

I assume you have zero opinion on the death of St. Floyd because you weren't there, right?

If you think it's a skill to think (that's the word I used) things about people or events that you didn't personally witness? GTFO. You don't believe that.

USAF

Reaction score
Perhaps you could share how you came to this opinion .

Bob: No. I just don't think they were ordinary people and I don't think most of them have had any business in their entire lives.

Bob doesn't want to say that everyone knows "those people" in "that part of town" couldn't just be going about their business.

They're all criminals, dontchaknow. They're...different.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Spoof is the biggest Trumper here, if you listen to people other than him.
Im not sure he’s even a Republican, really. He certainly doesn’t carry water for that team because he’s a member, reflexively.
He isn’t right on every issue, but we have camps for that.
Thanks Pauli. I think I’ve been pretty clear and honest on this subject, actually - for those interested in listening. I’ve said I am a conservative on some (mainly fiscal) topics and a liberal on other (mainly social) topics. I have named D’s that I have voted for, when asked. I have named liberal topics I am in agreement with, when asked. I have admitted that I vote R more than I vote D and that I have never voted D in a Presidential election. I have said I was in favor of many DT policies, yet have called out DT for being a liar and a divider as well. I have denounced nonsense like “election fraud” and called for jail time on the riots of 1/6.

Yet, the wackos (not you) still jump every time I agree with a conservative view, rip Biden for (yet another) bad policy, or just don’t show the right amount of OUTRAGE or do it in the very specific way expected to not be a “Trumper”. As I have said, GH makes me more cynical and less accepting of the left every day. Do I challenge righties less than lefties on here? Hell yeah - they are a lot more tolerable and less dishonest, IMO.

USAF

Reaction score
Thanks Pauli. I think I’ve been pretty clear and honest on this subject, actually - for those interested in listening. I’ve said I am a conservative on some (mainly fiscal) topics and a liberal on other (mainly social) topics. I have named D’s that I have voted for, when asked. I have named liberal topics I am in agreement with, when asked. I have admitted that I vote R more than I vote D and that I have never voted D in a Presidential election. I have said I was in favor of many DT policies, yet have called out DT for being a liar and a divider as well. I have denounced nonsense like “election fraud” and called for jail time on the riots of 1/6.

Yet, the wackos (not you) still jump every time I agree with a conservative view, rip Biden for (yet another) bad policy, or just don’t show the right amount of OUTRAGE or do it in the very specific way expected to not be a “Trumper”. As I have said, GH makes me more cynical and less accepting of the left every day. Do I challenge righties less than lefties on here? Hell yeah - they are a lot more tolerable and less dishonest, IMO.
Fraud.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
What? LOL. Is that really the argument that you were slow playing? LOL.

I assume you have zero opinion on the death of St. Floyd because you weren't there, right?

If you think it's a skill to think (that's the word I used) things about people or events that you didn't personally witness? GTFO. You don't believe that.
I have an opinion on the death of George Floyd based upon watching him die with multiple camera shots. The method you used to determine the life circumstances of the crowd is a process of your own, but certainly with less material to work with.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Bob: No. I just don't think they were ordinary people and I don't think most of them have had any business in their entire lives.

Bob doesn't want to say that everyone knows "those people" in "that part of town" couldn't just be going about their business.

LOL. I'm from a sh!tty part of town. Not everyone from a sh!tty part of time looks like a strung out panhandler. Most of them look like ordinary people with jobs, those folks just didn't.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
LOL. I'm from a sh!tty part of town. Not everyone from a sh!tty part of time looks like a strung out panhandler. Most of them look like ordinary people with jobs, those folks just didn't.
Honestly, in what way?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
You've never seen people on drugs? Well if you have, they looked like that.
I’ve seen people on drugs. We will agree to disagree. I don’t see it In that group. Im not trying to be a dick here, but you know how language works, you know how an argument is formed, it isn’t too much to ask someone with a professed skill to use it. If you wanna pull a because I said so, fine, but when you flex expertise, I’m gonna wonder if it’s a because you said so.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I’ve seen people on drugs. We will agree to disagree. I don’t see it In that group. Im not trying to be a dick here, but you know how language works, you know how an argument is formed, it isn’t too much to ask someone with a professed skill to use it. If you wanna pull a because I said so, fine, but when you flex expertise, I’m gonna wonder if it’s a because you said so.
Why does every liberal on this board bring up my job? It's really not an unusual job. It's not that difficult to get into law school. There are countless jokes about too many lawyers and those jokes are accurate.

Yes, I am a lawyer. But no, being a lawyer doesn't really teach you the skill of describing to someone on a message board what it looks like when someone is on drugs or not a productive member of society. I've never really flexed any expertise on that subject. It's clearly an opinion.

Like I said, you seem to have opinions on these people with the same limited exposure to them as me. When I see them, I see the same kind of folks that loiter around the 7/11 at midnight. You see hard workers. I don't see how either one of us is coming from any sort of epistemological foundation to our opinions.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Why does every liberal on this board bring up my job? It's really not an unusual job. It's not that difficult to get into law school. There are countless jokes about too many lawyers and those jokes are accurate.

Yes, I am a lawyer. But no, being a lawyer doesn't really teach you the skill of describing to someone on a message board what it looks like when someone is on drugs or not a productive member of society. I've never really flexed any expertise on that subject. It's clearly an opinion.

Like I said, you seem to have opinions on these people with the same limited exposure to them as me. When I see them, I see the same kind of folks that loiter around the 7/11 at midnight. You see hard workers. I don't see how either one of us is coming from any sort of epistemological foundation to our opinions.
I’ll lay off, except to clarify I said they were ordinary people taking care of their business. Like buying a phone charger or a pop.

diehard

Reaction score

I'm thinking spg must have been in that crowd of hard working individuals, just lke him.

howeda7

Reaction score

KGF: Just like Georgia QOP'ers writing election law, he didn't say it explicitly! So what's the problem?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
No. But I didn't make a declarative statement about what kind of people they were. You did. Based on what then?
I didn't make a declarative statement. I gave an opinion based on how they looked. Are you pretending that people don't do this every single day?

They looked like the type of folks that loiter in a 7/11 parking lot at midnight.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
KGF: Just like Georgia QOP'ers writing election law, he didn't say it explicitly! So what's the problem?
The group was mostly white or at least half white. LOL. So now I'm racist against white people.

You're better than this Howie.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I'm thinking spg must have been in that crowd of hard working individuals, just lke him.
I’d like to point out to everyone that May 25, 2020 was Memorial Day, when most people have the day off.
The idea that they might not be hard working because they were getting snacks in the middle of the day might be negated by this.

diehard

Reaction score
I’d like to point out to everyone that May 25, 2020 was Memorial Day, when most people have the day off.
The idea that they might not be hard working because they were getting snacks in the middle of the day might be negated by this.
Seriously, real working folks wouldn't be in the back yard grillin'? Where were you, at the lake house?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It was like 8:30 PM

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Even more reason not to assume they are shiftless because they are not at work, and pretty early to be in zonked out party mode.
Sure. I don't think it was the fact they were at Cup Foods means anything either way.

As far as being early to be zonked out, I guess that depends on the type of person.

Top Bottom