All things Derek Chauvin trial

Spoofin

Reaction score
There are multiple people on this site alone - in THIS THREAD - saying the 2nd degree charge should or will be overturned. Your assertion doesn't match reality.
Yes, there are a few on here. I disagree with them. I don't personally know them. As I said, I don't know a single person that disagrees - and Howie's assertion that "the Right" disagrees is complete BS based on nothing - just like most of what he says is.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Like what? What would you do?
Some combination of shooting less than six times and less aiming to kill.

Another wild idea: fire a warning shot in the air.

Guns are very loud (you wouldn't know this if you haven't shot one). The sound alone can disrupt people.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Spoof and Fox News. Equally Fair and Balanced.
Hey Howie, please tell me what I haven't been fair and balanced on in this thread? Before the trial I said I hope Chauvin gets convicted and that I trust the jury to do the right thing. I didn't comment on trial specifics because I didn't watch it - and since the trial I have provided my support on the verdict. However, I call you out for posting crap about how "the right" doesn't agree with the verdict because it is complete and total crap based on some twitter posts. Once again, you aren't interested in reality - only in being a sheep.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Yes, there are a few on here. I disagree with them. I don't personally know them. As I said, I don't know a single person that disagrees - and Howie's assertion that "the Right" disagrees is complete BS based on nothing - just like most of what he says is.
Ok. You didn't use the qualifier "personally" before. So, you are going with the Section2, I haven't seen it, so it doesn't exist tripe? That's just stupid. I don't "know" a single person that thinks the election was stolen. So what? There are hundreds of thousands (millions?) of asshats that do. It's a meaningless data point.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Howie is convinced that most or all republicans believe in the conspiracies of Qanon. Never mind that many don't even know what the F Qanon is, much less believe in it. It is way more dramatic to pretend all do. Sheep.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Ok. You didn't use the qualifier "personally" before. So, you are going with the Section2, I haven't seen it, so it doesn't exist tripe? That's just stupid.
I said I didn't know anyone. "Personally" isn't a qualifier unless you feel like you know other posters on an anonymous message board. I also never said "it doesn't exist". You are trying too hard now. I objected to Howie's growing narrative that "the right" doesn't agree with the verdict. Add it to the long list of things Howie claims about "the right" that are based primarily on random twitter posts and detachment from reality.

Reaction score
Howie is convinced that most or all republicans believe in the conspiracies of Qanon. Never mind that many don't even know what the F Qanon is, much less believe in it. It is way more dramatic to pretend all do. Sheep.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. The problem with Qanon is that any whacko can post whatever they want under the name. But the original purpose if I remember correctly was to stop pedophilia? I bet howie thinks Epstein killed himself.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Nobody is pretending all do. Lots of mainstream Rs tacitly approve, when they should be ridiculing it. You've got people in Congress who do, in fact believe. Those people should be burned at the stake for stupidity. Any self-respecting R should be screaming "get off my side." Instead, we see downplaying and deflection. The Capitol insurrection was a disgrace, fueled by those idiots and more. Meanwhile, mainstream Rs explain it away and deflect. The soul of the party is being exposed and it ain't pretty. If you are too weak to call out all that jackassedness, then you are part of it. Pretending it doesn't exist or has no impact is delusional. The day of reckoning will come, make no mistake. You can point to the warts on the left and I will agree. Why the fuck can't you point to and disavow the warts on the right, @Spoofin? Instead you spend your time supporting all the mouth-breathing lib owners.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I said I didn't know anyone. "Personally" isn't a qualifier unless you feel like you know other posters on an anonymous message board. I also never said "it doesn't exist". You are trying too hard now. I objected to Howie's growing narrative that "the right" doesn't agree with the verdict. Add it to the long list of things Howie claims about "the right" that are based primarily on random twitter posts and detachment from reality.
I'm not Howie.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Nobody is pretending all do. Lots of mainstream Rs tacitly approve, when they should be ridiculing it. You've got people in Congress who do, in fact believe. Those people should be burned at the stake for stupidity. Any self-respecting R should be screaming "get off my side." Instead, we see downplaying and deflection. The Capitol insurrection was a disgrace, fueled by those idiots and more. Meanwhile, mainstream Rs explain it away and deflect. The soul of the party is being exposed and it ain't pretty. If you are too weak to call out all that jackassedness, then you are part of it. Pretending it doesn't exist or has no impact is delusional. The day of reckoning will come, make no mistake. You can point to the warts on the left and I will agree. Why the fuck can't you point to and disavow the warts on the right, @Spoofin? Instead you spend your time supporting all the mouth-breathing lib owners.
I have spoken out against the "election fraud" and the 1/6 riots. You might need to pay closer attention.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I have spoken out against the "election fraud" and the 1/6 riots. You might need to pay closer attention.
I agree. That was a good start. You've got a long way to go. When you stand with CRG (good lord, you know he's a troll, right?) and Section2 (a stone-headed know-it-all), your credibility takes a hit nearly every time.

howeda7

Reaction score
This.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I agree. That was a good start. You've got a long way to go. When you stand with CRG (good lord, you know he's a troll, right?) and Section2 (a stone-headed know-it-all), your credibility takes a hit nearly every time.
I can play the same game with who you “stand by”. My opinions are my own - I’m not concerned with who does/doesn’t share them.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Spoof is the biggest Trumper here, if you listen to people other than him.
Im not sure he’s even a Republican, really. He certainly doesn’t carry water for that team because he’s a member, reflexively.
He isn’t right on every issue, but we have camps for that.

Last edited:

scools12

Reaction score
A leftist nut job pompous dick lecturing someone else on what they need to do to earn credibility is pure comedy. What a jack wad.

Angry

Reaction score
What were the "mistakes?"
I’m a little busy to go in depth. But 3rd degree not applicable, Hennepin not being able to provide a fair trial, no sequester, outside influences ect.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I’m a little busy to go in depth. But 3rd degree not applicable, Hennepin not being able to provide a fair trial, no sequester, outside influences ect.
3rd degree is nonsense and will get tossed.
as for change of venue, there isn’t a place you can go that hasn’t been exposed to this. You move to get away from pre trial publicity, not to find a more friendly jury. Work here, do a crime here, be judged here. That’s how it works.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
The people watching Floyd die weren’t a mob. They were people who were walking to a store to get a phone charger or a pop. Ordinary people going about their business taking a moment to care about a person about to die at the hand of an officer. This is something people who live in a city could would know. This wasn’t a gathering against the officer, they came upon a bad situation while going about their day.

But we should move the trial to Long Prairie, where folks would understand things better somehow.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
The people watching Floyd die weren’t a mob. They were people who were walking to a store to get a phone charger or a pop. Ordinary people going about their business taking a moment to care about a person about to die at the hand of an officer. This is something people who live in a city could would know. This wasn’t a gathering against the officer, they came upon a bad situation while going about their day.

But we should move the trial to Long Prairie, where folks would understand things better somehow.
Loose definition of ordinary people going about their business.

GopherJake

Reaction score
3rd degree may or may not be. But that will be determined by an external case. Also, it makes zero difference, since he was convicted also of 2nd degree. Hennepin provided an exemplary, textbook fair trial. You have zero evidence indicating otherwise. Primarily because there is none. The jury did not need to be sequestered. It was the correct decision and it could be argued that sequestration would have hurt the prosecution, further eroding your argument. Outside influences are a non-starter and of zero consequence.

Just stop.

Top Bottom