All things Derek Chauvin trial

Reaction score
Extremely rare and it's the risk you sign up for to be a police officer.

This hyper-rare incident is just what we'll have to accept, in order to avoid police killing unarmed/non-resisting civilians. I'll take a 1 in a billion tragedy over several per year tragedy, every day of the week.

Don't like that? Don't sign up. Personal responsibility
Signing up to help communities seems pretty responsible to me. Committing crimes and disobeying cops... not responsible at all.

Blizzard

Reaction score
The testimony of the doctors brought in provide little doubt as to how and why Floyd died. There are instances of outliers saying that they are not exactly sure....but one thing is sure....and that is that the drugs DID NOT kill him. Overwhelming evidence points to Chauvin placing all his weight on the neck and the back as the MAIN thing that led to his death.

As I have pointed out and others in this thread have pointed out....you can't "yah but" it at this point. Floyd was screaming that he couldn't breath, onlookers were yelling that he couldn't breath and had gone motionless, and the evidence suggests that he did die due to "cardiopulmonary arrest" complicated by "restraint, and neck compression". Had Chauvin provided any indication of worry or alarm....and had done ANYTHING to assess Floyd in those final minutes....maybe that small sliver of doubt provides him some sort of defense. Unfortunately he decided to stay in position on top of Floyd for several minutes after he had gone unconscious. That along with the autopsy is MORE than enough to slap him with a guilty ruling.

One of the motions that was rejected was Floyd's prior arrest videos or video. He did the same thing: Said he couldn't breathe, called for his mama. This is what cops in the real world face on a daily basis when they arrest someone. I think Chauvin is guilty as charged and that the jury made the right decision but honest God. Pull your head out for a moment.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Great posts for Howie. "The Right" doesn't agree with the Chauvin verdict? I can say I honestly don't know a single person that doesn't agree with the verdict. I must only know Lefties. I must be a Lefty.
There are multiple people on this site alone - in THIS THREAD - saying the 2nd degree charge should or will be overturned. Your assertion doesn't match reality.

Blizzard

Reaction score
Firing a gun and yelling are completely equivalent.
I know you like to post on here all day and pretend you're smart but you're an unserious person. You wouldn't even get laughed out of room of people talking law enforcement, you'd get thrown out.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
You wouldn't even get laughed out of room of people talking law enforcement, you'd get thrown out.
Just the type of people who don't deserve to be police officers.

Policing in this country is rotten to the core. Time to clean house!

Reaction score
The sex comment was definitely odd. I understand having to brainwash people that taking a life is ok but that made me wanna cap somebody

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
You or he meant winter. Summer they have less clothing (more skin exposed) and more likely to be perspiring, which increases the conductivity of the skin to the nerves/muscle underneath.

Here's a thought -- why not try to shoot someone in the knee?

Limbs are small moving targets. Very hard to hit while either you or the target are moving/rushing. More importantly, if the shot misses the limb, where does the bullet go next? Into a crowd or through a window into someone's living room? In this instance, a missed shot to the leg might have gone right into the girl wearing pink that was getting stabbed.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I'm curious, what is the "proper" way for a cop to approach a 6' 7" convicted violent felon with a long record?
Cautiously. I wouldn't classify pointing a gun at that person's head a de-escalation technique or cautious in any respect whatsoever. This wasn't after some car chase or a verbal argument. It was in broad daylight, not some unlit country road. He had an assisting officer on the other side of the car. There was no indication that Floyd was about to run or take off. This was the officer's very first move.

These are the types of things that feed the perception of systemic racism. I don't care what you call it; it's bad policing, a power-play and I would speculate results in worse outcomes.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Limbs are small moving targets. Very hard to hit while either you or the target are moving/rushing. More importantly, if the shot misses the limb, where does the bullet go next? Into a crowd or through a window into someone's living room? In this instance, a missed shot to the leg might have gone right into the girl wearing pink that was getting stabbed.
My suggestion may be flatly wrong, but there is still a lot of space on the spectrum between what I said and “shoot six times, aiming to kill”.

stocker08

Reaction score
One of the motions that was rejected was Floyd's prior arrest videos or video. He did the same thing: Said he couldn't breathe, called for his mama. This is what cops in the real world face on a daily basis when they arrest someone. I think Chauvin is guilty as charged and that the jury made the right decision but honest God. Pull your head out for a moment.

You righties are a very wacky bunch. I have no idea what his prior arrests have to do with the Chauvin trial. What are you trying to prove here? That Floyd wasn't a good guy? Yeah....dude had problems and definitely wasn't an upstanding guy. Doesn't mean that Chauvin should be judge, jury, and executioner.

stocker08

Reaction score
There are multiple people on this site alone - in THIS THREAD - saying the 2nd degree charge should or will be overturned. Your assertion doesn't match reality.

Spoof has detached from reality. As long as he refuses to acknowledge the wackjobs on the right....he can continue to claim they don't exist. Needs all his Trump buddies looking their best when Don runs again in 2024.

Angry

Reaction score
I think he should be retried as there were mistakes made in this case. That has nothing to do with guilt, and more to do with the justice system working properly. I’m not holding my breath as it is a poison pill now.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I think he should be retried as there were mistakes made in this case. That has nothing to do with guilt, and more to do with the justice system working properly. I’m not holding my breath as it is a poison pill now.
What were the "mistakes?"

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
My suggestion may be flatly wrong, but there is still a lot of space on the spectrum between what I said and “shoot six times, aiming to kill”.

A less gung-ho, more mature (or perhaps more jaded with experience) cop probably doesn't shoot and lets the girl-in-pink get stabbed. It's hard for me to envision being in those shoes because you couldn't pay me enough to be an urban cop, but that's probably what I would do. I don't know which one is worse.

Curious that we haven't heard from the "pink" girl's family.

howeda7

Reaction score
A bunch of spoof's Trumper pals in this very thread have disagreed. Of course....spoof won't acknowledge them or call them out. In the end they are all allies in Trump's army.
Spoof and Fox News. Equally Fair and Balanced.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
doesn't shoot and lets the girl-in-pink get stabbed.
Again, still plenty of room between this and what happened.

Just because blizzard and some awful cops want to lie and pretend there isn’t, doesn’t make it so.

howeda7

Reaction score
Again, still plenty of room between this and what happened.

Just because blizzard and some awful cops want to lie and pretend there isn’t, doesn’t make it so.
I think there's a difference between "it's hard to shoot without intend to kill" and "it's impossible".

Top Bottom