All things Derek Chauvin trial

Wally

Reaction score
Except police are trained to maintain restraint on suspects when confronting an angry crowd.

Angry crowd yelling that you're killing him which turns out to be exactly what your doing.
Ooops

That smug cop look on Chauvins face made me want to...avoid getting cancelled.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
3 expert witnesses testified yesterday that his knee was in Floyd's shoulder blade.
Expert: Chauvin never took knee off Floyd's neck

Officer Derek Chauvin had his knee on George Floyd’s neck — and was bearing down with most of his weight — the entire time the Black man lay facedown with his hands cuffed behind his back, a use-of-force expert testified Wednesday at Chauvin’s murder trial.

Jody Stiger, a Los Angeles Police Department sergeant serving as a prosecution witness, said that based on his review of video evidence, Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck from the time officers put Floyd on the ground until paramedics arrived — about 9 1/2 minutes, by prosecutors’ reckoning.

Prosecutor Steve Schleicher showed jurors a composite image of five photos taken from various videos of the arrest. Stiger went through each photo, saying it appeared that the Minneapolis officer’s left knee was on Floyd’s neck or neck area in each one.

Nax5

Reaction score
Expert: Chauvin never took knee off Floyd's neck

Officer Derek Chauvin had his knee on George Floyd’s neck — and was bearing down with most of his weight — the entire time the Black man lay facedown with his hands cuffed behind his back, a use-of-force expert testified Wednesday at Chauvin’s murder trial.

Jody Stiger, a Los Angeles Police Department sergeant serving as a prosecution witness, said that based on his review of video evidence, Chauvin’s knee was on Floyd’s neck from the time officers put Floyd on the ground until paramedics arrived — about 9 1/2 minutes, by prosecutors’ reckoning.

Prosecutor Steve Schleicher showed jurors a composite image of five photos taken from various videos of the arrest. Stiger went through each photo, saying it appeared that the Minneapolis officer’s left knee was on Floyd’s neck or neck area in each one.
Yup. The other testimony was based on 1 picture right before Chauvin got up. It was simply the defense reaching for anything. And then morons here run with it.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
It wasn't his shoulder. It was his neck.

Again, what do the drugs have to do with Chauvin letting him die?
Arredondo said shoulder. Is he wrong?

Drugs and death????? The Pad excusing illegal drug use and driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
The Pad.

Nax5

Reaction score

Drugs and death????? The Pad excusing illegal drug use and driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
The Pad.
Testimony was given based on 1 picture. Other expert witness said it was the neck. But just watch the video. It's obvious. You just grabbed onto the first thing you could to defend Chauvin. Even though it's BS.

And you keep bringing up things that don't matter in this case. Because Floyd's life didn't matter to you. Lots of lives don't matter to you.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Even if it is proven that George swallowed drugs, that is when a competent police officer distributes the narcan. Not crush their neck for 9 minutes.

If you go back to page one, I said this appears to be an OD & the crux of the issue is why Chauvin didn't help him when he went limp. All the lies about "murder", the low IQ racism accusations, and people rolling around in the minutia, are distractions from this key point.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Testimony was given based on 1 picture. Other expert witness said it was the neck. But just watch the video. It's obvious. You just grabbed onto the first thing you could to defend Chauvin. Even though it's BS.

And you keep bringing up things that don't matter in this case. Because Floyd's life didn't matter to you. Lots of lives don't matter to you.

3 expert witnesses said it was the shoulder blade, including two of the witnesses you reference here who earlier in their testimony said it was on the neck. not one. The picture they showed was from a different angle. One we hadn't seen before. You (and me) have no idea if that was just for a moment or the entire time.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Yes? Which is why he gets a trial. Unlike Floyd. Get the fuck outta here with this disingenuous shit.

You're getting emotional. Calm down & think rationally, not emotionally. Floyd appears to have OD'd. Why Chauvin didn't render aid is the real question here. Platitudes are a cop out for dummies. I don't have to like Chauvin to believe he deserves the full protection of the law. That's the liberal position. The things I'm hearing from the left are decidedly non-liberal & many appear to believe Chauvin's life does not matter.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Angry crowd yelling that you're killing him which turns out to be exactly what your doing.
Ooops

I don't see that look as smug at all. That statement feels an awful lot like what the left said about Nicholas Sandman of Covington Catholic before they had any of the facts in that case.

Wally

Reaction score

The Pad.

Yes Maxi Pad, illegal drug use should not be a crime.
Legalize it...

Nax5

Reaction score
You're getting emotional. Calm down & think rationally, not emotionally. Floyd appears to have OD'd. Why Chauvin didn't render aid is the real question here. Platitudes are a cop out for dummies. I don't have to like Chauvin to believe he deserves the full protection of the law. That's the liberal position. The things I'm hearing from the left are decidedly non-liberal & many appear to believe Chauvin's life does not matter.
I am emotional. When my black friends tell me Chauvin will walk because they've seen this shit happen their entire lives.

Asking if Chauvin’s life matters is just a completely tone deaf question to ask right now. He is having his trial. There is no death penalty. That says enough.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

More than one picture as well as video. But keep pushing for an officer of the law to be convicted.
I ate too many drugs.
And you continue to avoid his driving under the influence of both drugs and alcohol. Why?

Is Arredondo wrong?

USAF

Reaction score
Do you understand what specifics means?
Yes.

Apparently you don't, or you do, but you're too dishonest to admit when you've been cornered.

You: "Chauven followed his training."

Me: "He did not."

You: "specifics."

Me: "Multiple police and police experts testify he SPECIFICALLY DID NOT follow his training. He wasn't trained to put his knee on a suspect's neck, and he should have stopped all force when Floyd stopped resisting. He very specifically DID NOT DO AS HE WAS TRAINED, per Multiple police experts."

You: "You don't know what specific means."

Lolol.

I'm done with you, you're not worth the time.

Angry

Reaction score
More than one picture as well as video. But keep pushing for an officer of the law to be convicted.
I ate too many drugs.
And you continue to avoid his driving under the influence of both drugs and alcohol. Why?

Is Arredondo wrong?
Don’t trust your lying eyes. They’re systematically racist!

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I am emotional. When my black friends tell me Chauvin will walk because they've seen this shit happen their entire lives.

Asking if Chauvin’s life matters is just a completely tone deaf question to ask right now. He is having his trial. There is no death penalty. That says enough.

You have a great opportunity to help educate those Black friends. Each case should be weighed on it's own merit. We can't railroad Chauvin for something that happened in a different case 20 years ago.

Furthermore, nearly all of the recent racially divisive cases have been intentionally misleading, heavy on emotion, and lacking in facts. It's not that people are getting away with killing Black people. It's that they didn't do anything wrong. The media preys on Black people. They want them scared & angry. Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Breonna Taylor, et al. The way your friends needlessly feel now is a perfect example of why the lies from those cases (and cases like them) are so damaging to racial unity, and our society as a whole.

Look at the data. The data will tell you the truth.

Nax5

Reaction score
But keep pushing for an officer of the law to be convicted.
I'm pushing for justice. Just because you're an officer, doesn't mean you're infallible. You're clinging to a flimsy defense and it's obvious why.

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
2nd degree requires intent, 3rd degree does not.
The actual statute...

I believe this is what the State is going for: unintentional murder while committing another felony. Aggravated assault was the other felony in this case, per the press conference last June where AG Ellison announced the murder 2 charge.

Subd. 2.Unintentional murders.​

Whoever does either of the following is guilty of unintentional murder in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than 40 years:

(1) causes the death of a human being, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting;

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Yes.

Apparently you don't, or you do, but you're too dishonest to admit when you've been cornered.

You: "Chauven followed his training."

Me: "He did not."

You: "specifics."

Me: "Multiple police and police experts testify he SPECIFICALLY DID NOT follow his training. He wasn't trained to put his knee on a suspect's neck, and he should have stopped all force when Floyd stopped resisting. He very specifically DID NOT DO AS HE WAS TRAINED, per Multiple police experts."

You: "You don't know what specific means."

Lolol.

I'm done with you, you're not worth the time.

Specifics would explain the training & how he failed to follow it.

Done with me, because I'm not worth your time?

Nax5

Reaction score
You have a great opportunity to help educate those Black friends. Each case should be weighed on it's own merit. We can't railroad Chauvin for something that happened in a different case 20 years ago.

Furthermore, nearly all of the recent racially divisive cases have been intentionally misleading, heavy on emotion, and lacking in facts. It's not that people are getting away with killing Black people. It's that they didn't do anything wrong. The media preys on Black people. They want them scared & angry. Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Breonna Taylor, et al. The way your friends needlessly feel now is a perfect example of why the lies from those cases (and cases like them) are so damaging to racial unity, and our society as a whole.

Look at the data. The data will tell you the truth.
I think you're living in a completely different world to have this outlook.

Wally

Reaction score
I ate too many drugs.

Is Arredondo wrong?
Next time someone you know is driving under the influence I hope the cop just executes them.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I'm pushing for justice. Just because you're an officer, doesn't mean you're infallible. You're clinging to a flimsy defense and it's obvious why.

It doesn't feel like you want justice at all. It feels like you're emotional & just want retribution. If Chauvin is found not guilty, will you accept that as a just outcome?

Nax5

Reaction score
It doesn't feel like you want justice at all. It feels like you're emotional & just want retribution. If Chauvin is found not guilty, will you accept that as a just outcome?
If you can watch that video and have no emotion, I would be amazed.

If he gets off, I will be severely disappointed. But not completely surprised.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I think you're living in a completely different world to have this outlook.

I'm living in the world of reality, data & facts. In each of the cases I cited, the media & the racial grievence industry intentionally spun a false narrative, which lathered people up & created unrealistic expectations in terms of outcomes. When reality sunk in at sentencing, they could not compute what had happened. The exact same thing they did in this case. Statistically Black people are under-represented in police shootings/deaths, not over-represented.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
If you can watch that video and have no emotion, I would be amazed.

If he gets off, I will be severely disappointed. But not completely surprised.
Emotion is not your friend. Emotion causes you to make bad decisions. If the DA had released the rest of the video at the time they released the portion we all saw, it would likely have calmed things down some. They knew exactly what they were doing. This is textbook, state sponsored, divide & conquer.

Nax5

Reaction score
I'm living in the world of reality, data & facts. In each of the cases I cited, the media & the racial grievence industry intentionally spun a false narrative, which lathered people up & created unrealistic expectations in terms of outcomes. When reality sunk in at sentencing, they could not compute what had happened. The exact same thing they did in this case. Statistically Black people are under-represented in police shootings/deaths, not over-represented.
We all watched the same video. Before the media had any kind of chance to spin a narrative. We all formed our initial opinion based on that video. Now it's up to the prosecution or defense to support that opinion, depending on where you fall.

The response to that video was organic. It wasn't some coordinated effort by the media to create chaos.

stocker08

Reaction score
Ooops

The crowd was angry that a police officer was killing a man in broad daylight in front of everyone. And because of that....the murder was justified? Can't make it up.

Top Bottom