All things Derek Chauvin trial

GoldenRodents

Reaction score
You aren't a criminal because of intense pressure?

I think a better predictor is having something to lose. The more people

Bingo. We'll never know if it WAS in fact the drugs that killed him. What we do know is that he died while face down on the ground with a knee pressed into his neck. All while complaining that he couldn't breath....and while people around were shouting that he had stopped breathing. If Chauvin had made ANY attempt to check Floyd....he likely wouldn't be looking at 3rd degree. But everything about his history with Floyd and his indifference when this was all occurring looks worse than negligent....it looks malicious.
Except police are trained to maintain restraint on suspects when confronting an angry crowd.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Even if defense can create reasonable doubt that Floyd did not die from a knee on the neck. Chauvin is still negligent and will still be guilty of a crime.
Already created a ton of reasonable doubt.
I ate too many drugs. Negligence by George?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Laughing at his death now? Like I said, impossible to keep you on topic. You're too dumb to even have this conversation.
Projection. It’s all you have. Stupid dumb. You have nothing.
The Pad.

Nax5

Reaction score
Already created a ton of reasonable doubt.
I ate too many drugs. Negligence by George?
A ton? Maybe for a closet racist.

Chauvin kneeled on him as he died. He didn't help him. He didn't treat him like a human being. Negligent.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
T
A ton? Maybe for a closet racist.

Chauvin kneeled on him as he died. He didn't help him. He didn't treat him like a human being. Negligent.
The Pad doesn’t care about drugged and drunk drivers. Doesn’t care about their rights.
The Pad is a racist of epic proportions

stocker08

Reaction score
Except police are trained to maintain restraint on suspects when confronting an angry crowd.

Trained? The police department witness already said that Chauvin's method of restraint was what they DID NOT teach. Angry crowd? You mean all of the people standing back telling the officers that Floyd was dying? Was the EMT begging to check Floyd part of the angry crowd? Is an angry crowd that was in no way affecting Chauvin's ability to do his job an excuse for murder?

The answer to those questions are no. Chauvin ignored his training and his personal responsibilities as an officer and committed a murder.

Wally

Reaction score
Obviously, there is reasonable doubt here. Especially with Floyd's toxicology. An excellent case can be made that a clean and sober individual would not have died. You know that.

How could I know when I pushed that guy his balance was so bad he would fall and hit his head and die. I call do over...
🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Even if it is proven that George swallowed drugs, that is when a competent police officer distributes the narcan. Not crush their neck for 9 minutes.
Shoulder.
I ate too many drugs.
Who put drugs in their body willingly?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Testimony resumed with a leading law enforcement practices expert from the Los Angeles Police Department, who told jurors there were clear signs during George Floyd's arrest that should have prompted the now-fired Minneapolis officer to dial down his use of force.
That's the opposite of specifics. What were the clear signs....specufically?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I dont think the prosecution ever denied George took drugs that day.
It is odd that George referred to them that way, if he did.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Found this online on 2nd-degree murder:

Second-degree murder is generally either:
  • An unplanned, intentional killing (reacting in the heat of the moment when angry)
  • A death caused by a reckless disregard for human life
The Difference Between First and Second-Degree Murder

Putting aside felony murder, the real difference between first and second-degree murder is the intent or mindset the defendant had when they took the action they did.

so Chauvin did not have to have the intent to kill Floyd. If Floyd's death was caused by a reckless disregard for human life (such as a police officer not following the department's stated policy on use of force), then it meets the standard for 2nd-Degree murder.
What is the MPD stated policy on use of force & how did Chavin violate it?

Top Bottom