All Things Death Cult

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
They said you should allow massive indoor gatherings?

I am all for it, we need nature to weed out more stupid people ...
I don't even see this as a left/right thing. My friends that I'd call politically conservative are being more careful with this than liberals or moderates I know. It comes down to how much horse sense and discipline you have.

Wally

Reaction score
I don't even see this as a left/right thing. My friends that I'd call politically conservative are being more careful with this than liberals or moderates I know. It comes down to how much horse sense and discipline you have.
Those conservative friends must hate Trump, if you wear a mask your voting for Biden

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score
Yeah, republicans are glad they're dead. Good riddance. Thank god.

How many dead do you think there would be if the dems were in power? If you're thinking it would be any different you're kidding yourself. Except that the MSM would be saying "Only 200k dead, Hillary doing a great job!!!", and the poll numbers would be reversed and you'd be shitting on repubs for that.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah, republicans are glad they're dead. Good riddance. Thank god.

How many dead do you think there would be if the dems were in power? If you're thinking it would be any different you're kidding yourself. Except that the MSM would be saying "Only 200k dead, Hillary doing a great job!!!", and the poll numbers would be reversed and you'd be shitting on repubs for that.
We were talking about this with a friend over drinks Friday evening. We all agreed that, if Clinton were president, the 38 percent would be in outright revolt over her administration's measures to contain the virus, rendering it much less effective than it otherwise could be. We agreed that the best-case scenario would've been a Republican president who cared and who took this seriously and was competent and that all the meatheads would listen to. Similar to, only Nixon could go to China. I've been on record as saying that if any of the Republican field from 2016 other than Trump had been elected, tens of thousands of COVID dead would instead be alive today.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
We were talking about this with a friend over drinks Friday evening. We all agreed that, if Clinton were president, the 38 percent would be in outright revolt over her administration's measures to contain the virus, rendering it much less effective than it otherwise could be. We agreed that the best-case scenario would've been a Republican president who cared and who took this seriously and was competent and that all the meatheads would listen to. Similar to, only Nixon could go to China. I've been on record as saying that if any of the Republican field from 2016 other than Trump had been elected, tens of thousands of COVID dead would instead be alive today.
Agree in general. However, the revolt against mask wearing goes beyond Trump. It's taken a life of its own. At this point I have little doubt that only a small percentage of people would change their behavior on this even if Trump went on TV and begged people to wear a mask.

When you travel around the rural areas and exurbs, you see people walking into bars with a mask but that mask goes off immediately after entering and people sit maskless inside crowded bars for long periods of time. Even at establishments who have provided outdoor seating, you often see those areas barely used (except for people going outside briefly to smoke). This is a cultural thing where it's almost a badge of solidarity to act like nothing has changed.

Wally

Reaction score
the revolt against mask wearing goes beyond Trump. It's taken a life of its own.
Yes but 90% of them are Trump supporters. Of anything masks are the least problematic thing, I just don't get it.

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score
It's also true IMO, that it's progressing through our country at a snail's pace, which makes me think you can't do much better. At current CDC reporting rates it will take 2 years for everyone to get it (assuming only 1 case in 10 is reported). If the infection rate is closer to the reported rate it will take pretty much forever. The numbers are large, but against a population of 320MM, small.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
It's also true IMO, that it's progressing through our country at a snail's pace, which makes me think you can't do much better. At current CDC reporting rates it will take 2 years for everyone to get it (assuming only 1 case in 10 is reported). If the infection rate is closer to the reported rate it will take pretty much forever. The numbers are large, but against a population of 320MM, small.
Actually not small at all when you use a comp - it's a business term bro.

Africa has a population of 1.3 Billion
Asia has a population of 4.6 Billion
Total of population of 5.7 Billion

AND they have less Covid deaths than we do

That by any measure equals this-

1603889528354.png

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
What a sad tweet to post. This is what you consume all day? No wonder you are nuts.
You don't think this is national news??? (It is.)

BTW, Omaha carries one electoral vote (Nebraska isn't winner take all), and this won't help.

Section2

Reaction score
You don't think this is national news??? (It is.)

BTW, Omaha carries one electoral vote (Nebraska isn't winner take all), and this won't help.
He held a rally. The idea that he is responsible for transportation to and from is ludicrous. It was a cold night and people had a long walk.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
He held a rally. The idea that he is responsible for transportation to and from is ludicrous. It was a cold night and people had a long walk.
It was a poorly-organized shit show that put people in harm's way. That's on the organizer. This is common sense. I thought the Right was about accountability.

USAF

Reaction score
He shouldn't be holding rallies at all. The rallies demonstrate his disregard for science and callous disdain for the health of the citizens of the nation he swore an oath to protect.

Leaving his rally supporters out to fend for themselves in freezing cold only serves to further demonstrate what he thinks about you and me.

You are a fool to lend him support. And your foolish choice hurts all of us.

Section2

Reaction score
It was a poorly-organized shit show that put people in harm's way. That's on the organizer. This is common sense. I thought the Right was about accountability.
Of course it was poorly organized. They’re doing a bunch of these all over the country on an ad hoc basis. They aren’t planned months in advance. It was very unusually cold for Nebraska in October. It’s just not the kind of thing to dunk over. Especially when it impacts you zero. You hate the event, and you hate everyone who went. Phony concern trolling is the lamest.

Section2

Reaction score
He shouldn't be holding rallies at all. The rallies demonstrate his disregard for science and callous disdain for the health of the citizens of the nation he swore an oath to protect.

Leaving his rally supporters out to fend for themselves in freezing cold only serves to further demonstrate what he thinks about you and me.

You are a fool to lend him support. And your foolish choice hurts all of us.
Well, an awful lot of people seem to love the rallies, so too bad for you. Personally I much prefer these peaceful rallies to the antifa/BLM destruction your party is operating. I don’t care if they get cold.
See! This proves that Trump secretly hates them! Nope, doesn’t work.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Ludicrous? Hmmmm...

"Trump campaign officials said that they had enough buses ready nearby to shuttle people back to their cars but that a larger-than-expected crowd slowed the buses’ return.
Samantha Zager, Trump's deputy national press secretary, said in a statement Wednesday morning that the campaign cares about the safety of supporters.
“President Trump loves his supporters and was thrilled to visit Omaha last night. Despite the cold, tens of thousands of people showed up for his rally. Because of the sheer size of the crowd, we deployed 40 shuttle buses — double the normal allotment," she said."

Section2

Reaction score
Ludicrous? Hmmmm...

"Trump campaign officials said that they had enough buses ready nearby to shuttle people back to their cars but that a larger-than-expected crowd slowed the buses’ return.
Samantha Zager, Trump's deputy national press secretary, said in a statement Wednesday morning that the campaign cares about the safety of supporters.
“President Trump loves his supporters and was thrilled to visit Omaha last night. Despite the cold, tens of thousands of people showed up for his rally. Because of the sheer size of the crowd, we deployed 40 shuttle buses — double the normal allotment," she said."

Good point. You’ve proved that Trump loves and takes care of his supporters, but the demand to attend his rallies is so high, they struggled with accommodating everyone.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Of course it was poorly organized. They’re doing a bunch of these all over the country on an ad hoc basis. They aren’t planned months in advance. It was very unusually cold for Nebraska in October. It’s just not the kind of thing to dunk over. Especially when it impacts you zero. You hate the event, and you hate everyone who went. Phony concern trolling is the lamest.
You DON'T CARE about the people who went and ended up out there for hours freezing, which is why you say it's no big deal. You're just like Trump, who doesn't give a shit about anyone and who flew off to his next misadventure with that in his wake.

It's simply a microcosm of how he's dealt with the ongoing health/humanitarian crisis in this country. As long as he came through his illness in good shape, everything's great! Nobody else matters. And as long as he's boarded a nice, warm jet plane, the people on that runway are already a distant memory.

howeda7

Reaction score
You DON'T CARE about the people who went and ended up out there for hours freezing, which is why you say it's no big deal. You're just like Trump, who doesn't give a shit about anyone and who flew off to his next misadventure with that in his wake.

It's simply a microcosm of how he's dealt with the ongoing health/humanitarian crisis in this country. As long as he came through his illness in good shape, everything's great! Nobody else matters. And as long as he's boarded a nice, warm jet plane, the people on that runway are already a distant memory.
2 is very Trumpian in that regard. If he doesn't see it in Edina, it doesn't matter and no one cares about it. And Don doesn't give a single $%^ about anything that doesn't directly effect him, his "ratings" or his re-election chances.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Good point. You’ve proved that Trump loves and takes care of his supporters, but the demand to attend his rallies is so high, they struggled with accommodating everyone.
At best, it was piss-poor planning.

And let's be clear: they did not 'struggle' with this. Trump and his feckless, poorly-run administration always choose not to 'struggle' with problems: they simply ignore them instead. And that's exactly what happened here. Trump and his goons could not care less about those people.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
I thought the Right was about accountability.
Accountability only for others. In other words, accountability is for suckers and losers. You know, the little people as Leona Helmsley would say.

Texas-Gopher

Reaction score
Actually not small at all when you use a comp - it's a business term bro.

Africa has a population of 1.3 Billion
Asia has a population of 4.6 Billion
Total of population of 5.7 Billion

AND they have less Covid deaths than we do

That by any measure equals this-

View attachment 10026
Oh, okay. Comparing the USA to Africa is an apples and apples comparison. Is their culture as mobile as ours? Are their workers and populace in general spending time indoors together as ours? What is the age distribution of their population, the same as ours? Are they testing at the same frequency? Are they reporting deaths the same as we are? There's a host of reasons you can't compare, god knows how many more, but you did anyway.

USAF

Reaction score
Oh, okay. Comparing the USA to Africa is an apples and apples comparison. Is their culture as mobile as ours? Are their workers and populace in general spending time indoors together as ours? What is the age distribution of their population, the same as ours? Are they testing at the same frequency? Are they reporting deaths the same as we are? There's a host of reasons you can't compare, god knows how many more, but you did anyway.
I think "apples to oranges" is the phrase you were looking for.

Lol

Top Bottom