All Things Cuomo Nursing Home Deaths Cover-Up

John Galt

Reaction score
This is the knight in shining armor for our friends on the left- the one who was doing everything the right way. A true model for America.

Cuomo admits "mistake" in withholding nursing home deaths (msn.com)

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said in a press conference on Monday that he made a "mistake" in not providing information about nursing home deaths from COVID-19in a timely fashion. But Cuomo continued to defend his and his administration's handling of the crisis, saying he would trust his top health adviser, Dr. Howard Zucker, with "my mother's care.

Cuomo has long faced criticism for his administration's handling of the release of data related to deaths from COVID-19 in nursing homes, which intensified last week when one of his top aides admitted that they were concerned the data was "going to be used against us."

In recent weeks, the state has been forced to acknowledge the nursing home resident death toll is nearly 15,000. The state had previously reported a death toll of 8,500 — a number that excluded residents who died after being taken to hospitals.

When asked if he would apologize for his handling of the nursing home data, Cuomo on Monday acknowledged a delay in the reporting of some results.

"The void we created by not providing information was filled by skepticism and cynicism and conspiracy theories which furthered confusion... you don't provide the information, something will provide the information," Cuomo said. "Most of all, the void we created allowed disinformation."

Top Cuomo aid Melissa DeRosa told Democratic lawmakers last week that the administration "froze" because "we were in a position where we weren't sure if what we were going to give to the Department of Justice or what we give to you guys and what we start saying was going to be used against us, and we weren't sure if there was going to be an investigation."

DeRosa's comments were first reported by The New York Post.

Attachments

John Galt

Reaction score
Democratic State Senators Say the Time is Right to Revoke Andrew Cuomo's Emergency Powers
Democratic State Senators Say the Time is Right to Revoke Andrew Cuomo's Emergency Powers (msn.com)

Some of New York's Democratic state senators have joined their Republican colleagues in saying that the time is right to revoke Governor Andrew Cuomo's expanded emergency powers, which were put in place last spring in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

Republicans in the state legislature have been asking for Cuomo's expanded emergency powers to be revoked for months, but their calls to do so recently received support from a handful of Democratic lawmakers. Fourteen Democratic state senators released a joint statement on February 12 calling for an early revocation of those emergency powers, which they said were "no longer appropriate" for Cuomo to possess.

"While COVID-19 has tested the limits of our people and state–and, early during the pandemic, required the government to restructure decision making to render rapid, necessary public health judgments—it is clear that the expanded emergency powers granted to the Governor are no longer acceptable," the senators' joint statement said.

Cuomo's emergency powers were initially expanded last March, as New York became the epicenter of the COVID-19 surge in the United States. But as New York and the rest of the country gained greater understanding of the pandemic and vaccines became available for distribution late last year, those emergency powers became less necessary, according to John Liu, one of the Democratic state senators who is now calling for their revocation.

When the state legislature first granted Cuomo an expanded set of emergency powers to aid his administration's response to the pandemic, "The number of infections and deaths in New York were spiking, and we wanted to ensure that state government was nimble to act quickly to help people and save lives," Liu told Newsweek. "Now we're in a much different situation. There is a lot more know about the coronavirus, the vaccine distribution appears to be on a much faster and more efficient track, and the need for those emergency powers has seemingly subsided."

Wally

Reaction score
Democratic State Senators Say the Time is Right to Revoke Andrew Cuomo's Emergency Powers
Wow according to you guys these powers would be indefinite...

Hmmmmmm

John Galt

Reaction score
Who is Ron Kim? NY assemblyman claims Andrew Cuomo threatened 'to destroy him' over Covid-19 deaths cover-up

New York governor Andrew Cuomo has been accused of allegedly “threatening” the Democratic Assemblyman Ron Kim over a phone call last week with connection to the Covid-19 nursing home scandal. Kim has alleged that the governor called him on Thursday, February 11, and “tried to pressure” him tissue a positive statement about Covid-19 deaths cover-up. Kim has claimed that Cuomo allegedly said to him he “hadn’t seen his wrath and anger before.”
Who is Ron Kim? NY assemblyman claims Andrew Cuomo threatened 'to destroy him' over Covid-19 deaths cover-up | MEAWW

John Galt

Reaction score
Wow according to you guys these powers would be indefinite...

Hmmmmmm
Indefinite? I don't think anyone ever made that claim. The emergency powers certainly aren't very, democratic?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Indefinite? I don't think anyone ever made that claim. The emergency powers certainly aren't very, democratic?
When has that ever stopped the lefties on this board?

PeoplesFront

Reaction score

Why is this story now breaking? Anyone halfway paying attention knew that this stuff was happening in the late spring/early summer of 2020. MSM decided not to cover it back then for whatever reason.

Wally

Reaction score
They were all basically dead anyways, why would anyone care?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Ted going to Mexico is huuuuuuuuge. A D hero such as Cuomo covering up murder is right up WALLACE’s lane.

Wally

Reaction score
Its not his fault, the virus spread was inevitable, nothing he could do.

Am I getting this right yet???

GopherJake

Reaction score
Haven't followed the story. If he covered up data, he should be called out and, if it cost people their lives, he should be removed from office. I haven't followed NY City Covid coverage and I'm not going to start now.

John Galt

Reaction score
Haven't followed the story. If he covered up data, he should be called out and, if it cost people their lives, he should be removed from office. I haven't followed NY City Covid coverage and I'm not going to start now.
Conveniently, you don’t seem to follow any story that negatively affects Democrats. But you are damn sure that Rush Limbaugh was satan.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Conveniently, you don’t seem to follow any story that negatively affects Democrats. But you are damn sure that Rush Limbaugh was satan.
I am? Where did I say anything close to that? I follow lots of stories and I tune out lots of stories. I don't really give two shits about New York so seldom follow anything that's going on there. Stop trying so hard.

John Galt

Reaction score
I am? Where did I say anything close to that? I follow lots of stories and I tune out lots of stories. I don't really give two shits about New York so seldom follow anything that's going on there. Stop trying so hard.
I’m really trying hard.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Fraud. If this was an R Guv you would have 50 posts on it.
JakeFraud

PeoplesFront

Reaction score
What I can tell you is that when this story initially came out via alternative news sites, all of MSM coincidentally started to shill Cuomo as a great leader and possible future president.

Wally

Reaction score
Because you used to care. Remember shutting down the state. Remember how Trump killed 400k Wallace?
And you didn't care but now you do...
Funny how that works...

I said in the past I would be fine with leaving all nursing home patients in place to deal with Covid, give them drugs and oxygen but no hospitalization. Save the hospitals for younger healthier people and open up. I was fine with that as long as politicians own it. To me that makes more sense than opening up completely with zero mitigation.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
I want to show OUTRAGE, but first I need @howeda7 to let us all know if this is one of the Governors that could..... or couldn’t have done anything about this.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Dude messed up and covered up. Might be time for jail. If the mayor is correct, and he’s no angel, there are RICO level threats here.

John Galt

Reaction score
Imagine what this thread would look like and how many replies it would have if the title contained the word “DeSantis” or “Noem” instead of Cuomo. It might even be bigger than Ted goes to Mexico with his family.

Wally

Reaction score
Imagine what this thread would look like and how many replies it would have if the title contained the word “DeSantis” or “Noem” instead of Cuomo. It might even be bigger than Ted goes to Mexico with his family.
Ted goes to Mexico is so much funnier than this story. It appears Coumo will be held accountable or at least his political career is over.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Or Trump. I've been told he's directly responsible for 100's of thousands of deaths and here you have a much more direct and malicious situation with Cuomo and it's ignored. MSM is such a joke, across the board.

Top Bottom