All Things Chet Holmgren Recruitment Thread (Class of 2021, Gophers Have Offered)

TurfGopher

Reaction score
When I think of out of state colleges I would like to go to when I was 18, the small Jesuit school in eastern Washington doesn't make the list. They get just as much bad weather as we do! (maybe not as cold, but still!)

GopherNuts

Reaction score
When I think of out of state colleges I would like to go to when I was 18, the small Jesuit school in eastern Washington doesn't make the list. They get just as much bad weather as we do! (maybe not as cold, but still!)
Exactly why we should expect and demand more out of our program. Gonzaga’s proof that if you develop and win, you’ll be in contention for the best prospects in the country no matter where you are. It takes time but nothing’s keeping us from reaching that point.

AgedFan

Reaction score
I've never believed they don't cheat to some extent.....especially when they had a Japanese player who, as a sophomore, said that last year as a freshman he couldn't understand 70% of what he heard. (I'm paraphrasing but that's what he said)

skyman31

Reaction score
I've never believed they don't cheat to some extent.....especially when they had a Japanese player who, as a sophomore, said that last year as a freshman he couldn't understand 70% of what he heard. (I'm paraphrasing but that's what he said)
How does having players who aren’t native English speakers mean that they’re cheating? And what exactly would they have been doing to be cheating? Teaching him English?

Sounds to me like great coaching through non-verbal methods and simplified terms and being open to having players from diverse backgrounds, as long as they can play ball.

builtbadgers

Reaction score
How does having players who aren’t native English speakers mean that they’re cheating? And what exactly would they have been doing to be cheating? Teaching him English?

Sounds to me like great coaching through non-verbal methods and simplified terms and being open to having players from diverse backgrounds, as long as they can play ball.
Everyone who wins gets accused of cheating by some fans of teams that do not win. Not even a shred of a hint that some of these coaches have ever cheated. In fact they are lauded for running clean programs.

jovs

Reaction score
They would never get accepted at the U, maybe not cheating but different standards make for an uneven playing field, a player like that would have to take an English language class before being enrolled.

Chico Gopher

Reaction score
They would never get accepted at the U, maybe not cheating but different standards make for an uneven playing field, a player like that would have to take an English language class before being enrolled.
Is speaking english actually a requirement to be allowed to enroll at the U of M?

Top Bottom