All Things Cancel Culture

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Whataboutism? Do you or do you not have a different set of standards on things like this? Sure seems like you want to demonize one side and not the other. On something like political posturing....which is common amongst ALL politicians.

Your Pearl Harbor on Biden is that he said that you have to believe the women? An opinion on something in which his holds no weight? You seriously going to tell us that this is where your opinion on Biden is formed? Just sounds like another righty excuse to hate the guy.

I don’t hate the guy, I just don’t worship him or lionize him. I didn’t worship, admire, or lionize Trump either.

Wasn‘t this thread about cancel culture, shutting down dialogue, shutting down academic, scientific freedom? I have to get down on my knees and kiss a politician’s ass, and a pathetic, hypocritical one with a wierd touch fetish at that?

stocker08

Reaction score
I don’t hate the guy, I just don’t worship him or lionize him. I didn’t worship, admire, or lionize Trump either.

Wasn‘t this thread about cancel culture, shutting down dialogue, shutting down academic, scientific freedom? I have to get down on my knees and kiss a politician’s ass, and a pathetic, hypocritical one with a wierd touch fetish at that

It sounds like your actual issue is with the "me too" movement. Biden's stance on it is inconsequential at best. And your expectation that he'd demonize the sitting governor of New York who he has to work with rather than say that the courts will work out the details is a ridiculous reason to draw the conclusion that you have. The only thing that I could possibly think of is that you have an agenda. I don't know.

Fact is that Biden isn't the judge or the jury....and he's not saying that Cuomo is innocent or pardoning him. But Cuomo appears to be a piece of shit and will be out soon and will also probably be found guilty of at least some of the things he's been accused of.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
It sounds like your actual issue is with the "me too" movement. Biden's stance on it is inconsequential at best. And your expectation that he'd demonize the sitting governor of New York who he has to work with rather than say that the courts will work out the details is a ridiculous reason to draw the conclusion that you have. The only thing that I could possibly think of is that you have an agenda. I don't know.

Fact is that Biden isn't the judge or the jury....and he's not saying that Cuomo is innocent or pardoning him. But Cuomo appears to be a piece of shit and will be out soon and will also probably be found guilty of at least some of the things he's been accused of.

I‘m less worried about Cuomo or Biden and more worried about Tom, Dick, Harry, and Karen getting expelled, fired, censored, de-monetized because they supposedly “ogled“ someone, said something wrong, wrote a dumb Facebook post in 2009, or otherwise crossed the ever-moving line of what someone else or small minority of loud individuals unilaterally decides is acceptable speech or behavior, or otherwise takes exaggerated offense resulting in a (often prejudiced) label.

We have to have some bedrock principles like presumed innocence, good faith dialogue, non-censored media platforms and academia, and politicians willing to stand up for those ideals. I don’t see it.

stocker08

Reaction score
I‘m less worried about Cuomo or Biden and more worried about Tom, Dick, Harry, and Karen getting expelled, fired, censored, de-monetized because they supposedly “ogled“ someone, said something wrong, wrote a dumb Facebook post in 2009, or otherwise crossed the ever-moving line of what someone else or small minority of loud individuals unilaterally decides is acceptable speech or behavior, or otherwise takes exaggerated offense resulting in a (often prejudiced) label.

We have to have some bedrock principles like presumed innocence, good faith dialogue, non-censored media platforms and academia, and politicians willing to stand up for those ideals. I don’t see it.

I agree.

cncmin

Reaction score

Yes, I agree. And, I'm even more worried about unequal voting rights (see other thread) and the utilization of, essentially, cheating tactics by one party's state legislators across the nation to try to cheat their way to election victories; all on the backs of their own fraudulent stances. But I don't see you concerned in the least about that. Why not?

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Yes, I agree. And, I'm even more worried about unequal voting rights (see other thread) and the utilization of, essentially, cheating tactics by one party's state legislators across the nation to try to cheat their way to election victories; all on the backs of their own fraudulent stances. But I don't see you concerned in the least about that. Why not?
Your opinion of blacks and other minorities, that they are incapable of adequately preparing for something that happens once every 2 or 4 years and can't handle a few safeguards to ensure the integrity of our voting process is staggering. I'm having a hard time believing you can't see how racist you are that you think so lowly of these groups. You should be ashamed of yourself, really

cncmin

Reaction score
Your opinion of blacks and other minorities, that they are incapable of adequately preparing for something that happens once every 2 or 4 years and can't handle a few safeguards to ensure the integrity of our voting process is staggering. I'm having a hard time believing you can't see how racist you are that you think so lowly of these groups. You should be ashamed of yourself, really
Serious questions: Is it fair to have rules that enable ready access to voting in some areas, but not in others? Is it fair to ensure some areas have very long lines, and others very short? Is it fair to be able to overturn an election based on unsubstantiated claims? Yes or no?

And if you are going to require things like IDs to vote, I'm with you. Everyone should have to provide whatever identification is necessary. But, in that case, the state absolutely must ensure that everyone receives these IDs, and financial or time/effort cost should not and cannot be a barrier. In this way, the use of IDs would be fair, were everyone to be able to obtain the necessary documentation.

We all - even you - know why the selective, targeted laws being put on the books now are overwriting previous laws (also mostly written by Republicans), and it has absolutely zero to do with election "security", especially given there was no substantially documented insecurity in the previous election.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
This pretty much sums up the thoughts of a ton of people who may have voted for Trump. But the nutjobs like the one on Ignore you're attempting to have a conversation with have their own minds made up as to the complete psychological makeup of anyone who voted Republican in the last 4-6 years. And here we were told stereotyping was a terrible thing...

I know why most voted Republican, greed.

I work with them, I hear it here, its obvious.

Second to Greed is BLM as a reason for voting Republican.

I vote for who I believe will keep the US a Strong country. For fairness and honesty.

MennoSota

Reaction score

I vote for who I believe will keep the US a Strong country. For fairness and honesty.
There are Republicans collecting aluminum cans and living in a tent at Powderhorn Park with you?

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

Hmm. I sense a paradox here. It's "greed" when a person wants to keep more of their earned income, but it's not greed when you want to take earned income from those same people forcibly with no sacrifice of your own. Who's being honest and dishonest here?

Donovan

Reaction score
Oxford may ditch sheet music because it's 'colonialist'

They specifically took issue with the classical collection taught at the school — which includes works by Mozart and Beethoven — alleging it focuses too much on "white European music from the slave period."

Additionally, the faculty members proposed that certain classical musical skills such as playing the piano and conducting orchestral arrangements should no longer be mandatory, given that these "structurally center white European music," causing "students of color great distress."

Wally

Reaction score

Treat everyone like you are sitting next to them at church and I doubt you have to worry about any of it.

scools12

Reaction score

They specifically took issue with the classical collection taught at the school — which includes works by Mozart and Beethoven — alleging it focuses too much on "white European music from the slave period."

Additionally, the faculty members proposed that certain classical musical skills such as playing the piano and conducting orchestral arrangements should no longer be mandatory, given that these "structurally center white European music," causing "students of color great distress."

These people are literally out of their woke minds.

Classical music skills like playing the piano causes students of color “great distress”. How do these idiots even come up with this stuff?

Wally

Reaction score

Classical music skills like playing the piano causes students of color “great distress”. How do these idiots even come up with this stuff?

You're now going to cry about a British university?
Lol...

Minnesota

Reaction score
You're now going to cry about a British university?
Lol...

They were also pretty upset that people were being rude to the monarchy recently. The culture war makes for some unlikely allies.

Donovan

Reaction score

Nothing is too woke for some of our leftist friends.

Section2

Reaction score

Goal: destroy western civilation
Tactic: claim distress, offense, feeling unsafe, being so damn tired, etc

stocker08

Reaction score

Quick! Let's OUTRAGE REAL HARD. Show everyone that we righties aren't trying to find anything and everything to lose our minds over.

In conversation with the AP, Stephen Rouse, head of university communications at Oxford, acknowledged that the proposals were real, but noted that many of the views the Telegraph article attributed to "professors" came from one individual.

tenor.gif

Wally

Reaction score
Quick! Let's OUTRAGE REAL HARD. Show everyone that we righties aren't trying to find anything and everything to lose our minds over.

In conversation with the AP, Stephen Rouse, head of university communications at Oxford, acknowledged that the proposals were real, but noted that many of the views the Telegraph article attributed to "professors" came from one individual.

tenor.gif

One random guy says something and the rightwing outrage machine goes nuts.

The President says tons of crazy shit and the righties say calm down its no big deal, that's just how he is.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dunceswithwolves

Reaction score

Do ever wonder if a source like The Blaze is the best source for understanding what's going on in a story like this? The Blaze has a correction about the sheet music so maybe you can sleep tonight:

Editor's Note: Following the publication of this article, music faculty at the University of Oxford told the Associated Press that claims suggesting faculty are considering removing sheet music from music curriculum are "completely incorrect." The faculty added that "no such proposal or suggestion has been made about sheet music or western musical notation."

But aside from your sudden concern about sheet music, are you arguing that classical music is not dominated by white composers?They aren't shelving Beethoven. They are expanding representation, but that's boring and it hardly justifies spitting out woke with such disdain -- so better to head for The Blaze so they can manipulate you into your righteous distorted disdain.

stocker08

Reaction score
Do ever wonder if a source like The Blaze is the best source for understanding what's going on in a story like this? The Blaze has a correction about the sheet music so maybe you can sleep tonight:

Editor's Note: Following the publication of this article, music faculty at the University of Oxford told the Associated Press that claims suggesting faculty are considering removing sheet music from music curriculum are "completely incorrect." The faculty added that "no such proposal or suggestion has been made about sheet music or western musical notation."

But aside from your sudden concern about sheet music, are you arguing that classical music is not dominated by white composers?They aren't shelving Beethoven. They are expanding representation, but that's boring and it hardly justifies spitting out woke with such disdain -- so better to head for The Blaze so they can manipulate you into your righteous distorted disdain.

Do you know about the game "telephone". Right wing media is a lot like that. Has to go through multiple filters where outrage is added before coming to its final, ready for mouth breather ingestion.

Top Bottom