All Things Cancel Culture

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Guess his slap down on Dementia Don during the debates was scripted too. HAHAHA!!!

And LOL at Trump doing half his work off script and the other half "off the cuff". Yeah....we noticed. Half the time he sounded somewhat normal....the other half of the time he rambled like a madman.

Bill Maher did a bit on Trump's two distinctly different personas: the first, when he was reading from a written script, and the other was when he was riffing, especially during his red hat rallies.

Maher said the first one was like a big game animal that had been hit with a tranquilizer dart; the second was like a carnival barker at a race riot.

Section2

Reaction score
on cognitive issues:

I'm 65. I cover local high school sports on the radio. Our local girls BB team this year had two sisters who both played. And I mixed up their names all season. Hadley would be in the game and I would call her Kendyl. Kendyl would be in the game and I called her Hadley. Did it all season. I admitted I had a mental block on them. Don't know why. One of them is 5'3" and the other is 5'7" so it's not like they are twins.

So, am I senile? should I be placed in the old folks home?

Granted, my job is slightly less important. But, the point is that people do make honest mistakes.

Biden, for better or worse, has been like this most of his career. He routinely puts his foot in his mouth.

If someone is inclined to dislike Biden and/or his policies, you may see it as a more serious problem.

If someone is inclined to like Biden and/or his policies, it's just "Joe being Joe."
He hasn’t been anywhere close to this in his career. It’s not the gaffes or foot in mouth moments. It’s mid sentence completely forgetting what he’s talking about. Or rambling on about nonsense.

Section2

Reaction score
Right wing cancel culture cancels another.

USA Today ‘race and inclusion’ editor fired for controversial tweet about Boulder shooting​

I don’t think she should have been fired for that tweet. She should be fired because a race and inclusion editor is a ridiculous job.

howeda7

Reaction score
Guess his slap down on Dementia Don during the debates was scripted too. HAHAHA!!!

And LOL at Trump doing half his work off script and the other half "off the cuff". Yeah....we noticed. Half the time he sounded somewhat normal....the other half of the time he rambled like a madman.
Don off the cuff was an ignorant fool and a liar. Don in script was like drugged hostage. It wasn't hard to tell the difference.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Menno's making some stylistic changes, apparently. He seems to be switching over from constantly looking for "communists" to some sort of hole-digging fetish.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
If you weren't here railing on Trump and senate Repubs....then you really don't have a leg to stand on if you are assigning blame on who and who isn't a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy, the right, and Donald Trump was a huge deal for four years....and you pounce now?

This is a thread on cancel culture and attacks on liberalism. I’m happy to call out crazy wingnuts on the right as well - and I have done that. Right now, most of the action is coming from wingnut progressives.

stocker08

Reaction score
This is a thread on cancel culture and attacks on liberalism. I’m happy to call out crazy wingnuts on the right as well - and I have done that. Right now, most of the action is coming from wingnut progressives.

I read your post a couple pages back. Very extreme reaction to posturing....which every politician does. You deemed Biden to be a hack who'll do anything to cling to power because he said you need to believe the women in the case of a college assault with what....some random kid? Who? When? On the other hand....he didn't immediately condemn Cuomo?

Like I said.....I didn't see you here much prior to Biden taking office calling out the mega hypocrisy and batshit crazy repubs. You just have a different set of standards depending on political affiliation. Many do.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
We see the events of January 6th as a big deal.

You see Mr. Potato Head as a big deal.

Quite a difference in priorities.

Seems like it meets the “mostly peaceful” definition. If those guys had really wanted to attack and hold the capitol grounds, with firearms, would have been a completely different scenario... It was unrest that went too far into a violent riot with a core group of bad actors. Not defending it, actively critiquing the premise behind it, but the rhetoric around it is a little ridiculous. This was not the American Revolution II. Pretty much everyone agrees that wasn‘t smart in the short or long run.

Last edited:

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
I read your post a couple pages back. Very extreme reaction to posturing....which every politician does. You deemed Biden to be a hack who'll do anything to cling to power because he said you need to believe the women in the case of a college assault with what....some random kid? Who? When? On the other hand....he didn't immediately condemn Cuomo?

Like I said.....I didn't see you here much prior to Biden taking office calling out the mega hypocrisy and batshit crazy repubs. You just have a different set of standards depending on political affiliation. Many do.

I don’t have enough time to devote to every thread. I drop in from time to time and sometimes things are so ridiculous I chip in my .02.

Yeah, it’s a big deal when posturing politicians throw a central tenet of western civilization, ethics, and law out the window in the presumption of innocence in order to signal they are virtuous, a good person, and better than the other guy. Only a nut would presume to accept anything someone says is true, whether man or woman. It’s crazy talk.

I’m no fan of Trump and his long list of ugly behaviors, lies, half truths, and vanity but what else can be said? Your turning to Trump is an avoidance of an uncomfortable truth - many on the left have no principles. Own it, accept it.

stocker08

Reaction score
I don’t have enough time to devote to every thread. I drop in from time to time and sometimes things are so ridiculous I chip in my .02.

Yeah, it’s a big deal when posturing politicians throw a central tenet of western civilization, ethics, and law out the window in the presumption of innocence in order to signal they are virtuous, a good person, and better than the other guy. Only a nut would presume to accept anything someone says is true, whether man or woman. It’s crazy talk.

I’m no fan of Trump and his long list of ugly behaviors, lies, half truths, and vanity but what else can be said? Your turning to Trump is an avoidance of an uncomfortable truth - many on the left have no principles. Own it, accept it.

Bullshit. Most on the right who are finding this to be an issue worth crying about have no principles. Especially when many have either ignored or even defended MUCH worse behavior coming from Biden's predecessor.

But give me a little more info. Biden said you need to believe the women....in an anonymous case. When? While he was a senator? Vice President maybe? Now he's president and he asked about a case including the governor of one of the most populous states in the country. And he should take a hard stand on it? Against someone who he probably still has to work with?

Get real. You're showing your hand as a righty opportunist trying to make a mountain out of a molehill on this one.

PhiloVance

Reaction score
Bill Maher did a bit on Trump's two distinctly different personas: the first, when he was reading from a written script, and the other was when he was riffing, especially during his red hat rallies.

Maher said the first one was like a big game animal that had been hit with a tranquilizer dart; the second was like a carnival barker at a race riot.

BILL MAHER​

CANCEL CULTURE IS DESTROYING AMERICA​

Bill Maher took aim at cancel culture, saying it's become McCarthyism in reverse

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Bullshit. Most on the right who are finding this to be an issue worth crying about have no principles. Especially when many have either ignored or even defended MUCH worse behavior coming from Biden's predecessor.

But give me a little more info. Biden said you need to believe the women....in an anonymous case. When? While he was a senator? Vice President maybe? Now he's president and he asked about a case including the governor of one of the most populous states in the country. And he should take a hard stand on it? Against someone who he probably still has to work with?

Get real. You're showing your hand as a righty opportunist trying to make a mountain out of a molehill on this one.

You’re going to go with Whataboutism as your defense of Biden and others? You’re proving my point.

Its not difficult to stand up for the principle of investigate and adjudicate in a fair way, unless you’re pandering or have another agenda. Without evidence of some sort, reliable witnesses, corroborating nuance and context allegations cannot be accepted as truth. Why is this difficult for you and others on the far left to agree with? Be truthful. Peer pressure?

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Seems like it meets the “mostly peaceful” definition. If those guys had really wanted to attack and hold the capital grounds, with firearms, would have been a completely different scenario... It was unrest that went too far into a violent riot with a core group of bad actors. Not defending it, actively critiquing the premise behind it, but the rhetoric around it is a little ridiculous. This was not the American Revolution II. Pretty much everyone agrees that wasn‘t smart in the short or long run.

So, in your own words, it was a "mostly peaceful" "violent riot." And... it was, errr... not smart.

Uh huh. Okey-dokey.

I wonder: when Capitol security rushed in to get members of our Congress to safe, secure locations, interrupting the certification of an American election, were they over-reacting, in your eyes? Because if this was truly "mostly peaceful", the Capitol security people must not have gotten the memo.

Seriously, man; have you seen the video footage?

stocker08

Reaction score
You’re going to go with Whataboutism as your defense of Biden and others? You’re proving my point.

Its not difficult to stand up for the principle of investigate and adjudicate in a fair way, unless you’re pandering or have another agenda. Without evidence of some sort, reliable witnesses, corroborating nuance and context allegations cannot be accepted as truth. Why is this difficult for you and others on the far left to agree with? Be truthful. Peer pressure?

Whataboutism? Do you or do you not have a different set of standards on things like this? Sure seems like you want to demonize one side and not the other. On something like political posturing....which is common amongst ALL politicians.

Your Pearl Harbor on Biden is that he said that you have to believe the women? An opinion on something in which his holds no weight? You seriously going to tell us that this is where your opinion on Biden is formed? Just sounds like another righty excuse to hate the guy.

Spoofin

Reaction score

Let me help here...
You didn’t show the proper OUTRAGE on something in the past and we all know why. What you say you believe doesn’t matter, we all know the truth. It’s all so obvious.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
This pretty much sums up the thoughts of a ton of people who may have voted for Trump. But the nutjobs like the one on Ignore you're attempting to have a conversation with have their own minds made up as to the complete psychological makeup of anyone who voted Republican in the last 4-6 years. And here we were told stereotyping was a terrible thing...

Section2

Reaction score
Let me help here...
You didn’t show the proper OUTRAGE on something in the past and we all know why. What you say you believe doesn’t matter, we all know the truth. It’s all so obvious.
We were SCREAMING every day! Why weren’t you? Only a Nazi wouldn’t be SCREAMING every day!

stocker08

Reaction score
This pretty much sums up the thoughts of a ton of people who may have voted for Trump. But the nutjobs like the one on Ignore you're attempting to have a conversation with have their own minds made up as to the complete psychological makeup of anyone who voted Republican in the last 4-6 years. And here we were told stereotyping was a terrible thing...

This is a perfect example of one of the republicans that defended and excused everything prior to Biden and have now flipped a switch and have been outraged about everything.

You want a hypocrite, PD? This is a hypocrite of the highest degree.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Seriously, man; have you seen the video footage?

I did. I don’t approve or support violent rioting, including that one. The pushing/shoving, throwing rocks or other objects, and violence towards police looked pretty similar to many other riots I’ve witnessed. I also think some of the words being thrown around are being used a little loosely. Fair to argue semantics, I suppose.

Top Bottom