All Things Alex Berenson (@AlexBereson) Tweets

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I believe that it is correct and the Trump Administration has been using this type of data to compare our CV mitigation success with other countries. B/c who knows how other countries count CV deaths? We don’t even know how we count CV deaths.
She didn’t post CV deaths. She posted overall deaths. And she’s wrong. Like I told you in the other thread, misinformation everywhere.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
She didn’t post CV deaths. She posted overall deaths. And she’s wrong. Like I told you in the other thread, misinformation everywhere.
Yeah, and another way to examine the actual net effect of health catastrophes is to compare to past historical data. It’s not misinformation. It’s additional data when comparisons are difficult at best.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Yeah, and another way to examine the actual net effect of health catastrophes is to compare to past historical data. It’s not misinformation. It’s additional data when comparisons are difficult at best.
So when comparing overall deaths to other years, you think it’s just fine to leave out an entire month? It’s absolutely a lie and misinformation to say there hasn’t been more deaths this year than the past few years.

bga1

Reaction score
So when comparing overall deaths to other years, you think it’s just fine to leave out an entire month? It’s absolutely a lie and misinformation to say there hasn’t been more deaths this year than the past few years.
You calling out a lie is rich indeed. The side you have been supporting has been lying through their teeth all year long about this disease (and nearly everything else).

bga1

Reaction score
You’ve learned quite well from Berenson. First it was we wouldn’t see excess deaths at the end of the year. Now that we know that won’t happen, it’s changed to “when this thing is done”. It’s easy to keep saying something is going to happen because it’s impossible to prove it wrong when it’s always in the future. If what you’re saying is true, we’d be seeing the excess deaths being less than the COVID deaths by now.
We should not have seen much for excess deaths by the end of the year. Instead what happened is they stopped flattening the curve to keep under hospital capacity and they moved it to stop infections. When that happened we moved into to a slow prolonged disease stage. So now death data is being collected over a long period of time and many who did not actually die from covid are being counted into it. We have many lockdown caused deaths. Instead of recovering by now, we are still in it.

What you are seeing now is simply a combination of changing the curve shape and manipulating the data- which the left has done heavily.

bga1

Reaction score
You call me the goof but you posted someone that can’t even comprehend a basic chart. I’m assuming she used this and apparently there is no month of January this year. Yeah I’m the goof. Simple research would show she’s very wrong.

Edit: They even doubled down and posted the link I suspected they used. This is also apparently a fake account. Misinformation for everyone!

This mistake that Sanders made is the same mistake I made here a while back. The CDC has a chart out that starts in February and it is easy to make an honest mistake an interpret that as she did. It is easy to make mistakes. You might have made one once.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
You calling out a lie is rich indeed. The side you have been supporting has been lying through their teeth all year long about this disease (and nearly everything else).
So you’re saying we shouldn’t be calling out lies and misinformation? That’s all I did. Someone called me out in the post about this so I responded.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
We should not have seen much for excess deaths by the end of the year. Instead what happened is they stopped flattening the curve to keep under hospital capacity and they moved it to stop infections. When that happened we moved into to a slow prolonged disease stage. So now death data is being collected over a long period of time and many who did not actually die from covid are being counted into it. We have many lockdown caused deaths. Instead of recovering by now, we are still in it.

What you are seeing now is simply a combination of changing the curve shape and manipulating the data- which the left has done heavily.
All that means is we would have seen more deaths earlier and possibly less now. Changing the shape of the curve doesn’t necessarily mean less overall deaths. By spreading it out more we potentially save lives because treatments continue to get better.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
This mistake that Sanders made is the same mistake I made here a while back. The CDC has a chart out that starts in February and it is easy to make an honest mistake an interpret that as she did. It is easy to make mistakes. You might have made one once.
It’s actually a fake account as it turns out. Even so the account has 27k followers. You or I making a mistake is one thing. Someone with that much influence is another. And then what’s worse is it was shared 8k times. That’s how so much bad info gets out there. I’ll tell you this, I never share anything on social media without at least looking into it first.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Yet Snow White Gii continues.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
So you’re saying we shouldn’t be calling out lies and misinformation? That’s all I did. Someone called me out in the post about this so I responded.
Should you call out lies and misinformation from all sources?
Gii fail.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Should you call out lies and misinformation from all sources?
Gii fail.
I call them out when I see them. I don’t see everything. Have you called out lies and misinformation from all sources? Or does this rule no apply to you?

You’re trying to claim I did the very thing you constantly do.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I call them out when I see them. I don’t see everything. Have you called out lies and misinformation from all sources? Or does this rule no apply to you?

You’re trying to claim I did the very thing you constantly do.
I call a spade a spade. You see only what you want to see.
Maybe. Could. Might.

bga1

Reaction score
All that means is we would have seen more deaths earlier and possibly less now. Changing the shape of the curve doesn’t necessarily mean less overall deaths. By spreading it out more we potentially save lives because treatments continue to get better.
No. Spreading it out means ruining so many more lives and causing other types of deaths.

Let's say you had something happen where all people 80 and over died suddenly over the course of a month.....You would have huge excess deaths in that month and then over the next year or two, deaths would be far lower than normal. If on the other hand you have something that kills all 80 year olds over the course of two years, you would have huge excess deaths for those two years and then the death toll would be well below average after than.

Flattening the curve extends the excess deaths time period. Either way you get the deaths.

Right now studies show that we are experiencing 10 times as many life years loss from lock down induced deaths as we are in covid deaths. You can't see that because you don't want to see it.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
No. Spreading it out means ruining so many more lives and causing other types of deaths.

Let's say you had something happen where all people 80 and over died suddenly over the course of a month.....You would have huge excess deaths in that month and then over the next year or two, deaths would be far lower than normal. If on the other hand you have something that kills all 80 year olds over the course of two years, you would have huge excess deaths for those two years and then the death toll would be well below average after than.

Flattening the curve extends the excess deaths time period. Either way you get the deaths.

Right now studies show that we are experiencing 10 times as many life years loss from lock down induced deaths as we are in covid deaths. You can't see that because you don't want to see it.
We haven’t been in lockdowns for months. You and others seem to think the lockdowns alone caused the economy to suffer, unemployment to rise and things like depression, suicide, drug overdose, etc to increase. All those things would have gotten worse no matter what.

It’s crazy to me that you think we’d be in a better situation right now if we’d have seen these 200k deaths in two months instead of seven. In that scenario we’d be at many more deaths at this time and the economy would almost certainly be in just as bad if not worse shape.

bga1

Reaction score
We haven’t been in lockdowns for months. You and others seem to think the lockdowns alone caused the economy to suffer, unemployment to rise and things like depression, suicide, drug overdose, etc to increase. All those things would have gotten worse no matter what.

It’s crazy to me that you think we’d be in a better situation right now if we’d have seen these 200k deaths in two months instead of seven. In that scenario we’d be at many more deaths at this time and the economy would almost certainly be in just as bad if not worse shape.
I don't agree at all that we have had 200K covid caused deaths. Not for a second. As I have said, the number is probably closer to 100k.

I think our excess deaths would be far less without the lock down measures. Yes we have been in varying degrees of lock down and continue to be. People gathering in large groups is still, for the most part, not allowed. Churches are a big part of keeping mental health issues in check, by the way.

Are you denying that people are under more stress, having more depression, and getting less medical care in this year? That's due to the lockdowns at various levels.

stocker08

Reaction score
You actually don’t really say anything. You’d be an entertaining lawyer. You’d make claims but wouldn’t ever provide any evidence.

Basically every single one of his posts could be swapped out with one from another thread. Because they don't actually say anything different.

Brokenbrain is a poorly written bot.

stocker08

Reaction score
I don't agree at all that we have had 200K covid caused deaths. Not for a second. As I have said, the number is probably closer to 100k.

I think our excess deaths would be far less without the lock down measures. Yes we have been in varying degrees of lock down and continue to be. People gathering in large groups is still, for the most part, not allowed. Churches are a big part of keeping mental health issues in check, by the way.

Are you denying that people are under more stress, having more depression, and getting less medical care in this year? That's due to the lockdowns at various levels.

You think a lot of stupid things. It's Trump Derangement Syndrome at its very worst.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

You have every right to continue to believe that even though there is no evidence. 92% of the COVID deaths list COVID as the underlying cause of death. There’s no incentive for that part to be fabricated.

So you think suicides, murders, and drug overdoses are up because places like bars and restaurants are only allowed to be at 50% capacity, and churches aren’t allowed to be filled completely? You also seem to think full churches would have caused COVID deaths to go down?

Not at all. All those things are happening. Lockdowns, schools closed, etc play a part. But being in a pandemic overall plays a much bigger part. That’s my point. Do you not think stress, depression, etc aren’t up in places that have never done much of a lockdown? It’s a stressful time for just about everyone. Many people choose to stay home, do less, etc not because they have to but because they feel it is the best decision for them. But that doesn’t mean those people are affected one way or another. It’s hard for most people right now one way or another.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
You actually don’t really say anything. You’d be an entertaining lawyer. You’d make claims but wouldn’t ever provide any evidence.
Your qualifiers here are legendary.
May.
Might.
Could.
Possibly.

And others dont say anything. Mirror.

bga1

Reaction score
You have every right to continue to believe that even though there is no evidence. 92% of the COVID deaths list COVID as the underlying cause of death. There’s no incentive for that part to be fabricated.
There is an incentive. Hospitals get paid more. Politicians maintain more power over the people.

So you think suicides, murders, and drug overdoses are up because places like bars and restaurants are only allowed to be at 50% capacity, and churches aren’t allowed to be filled completely?
100,000 businesses, closed for good. Millions of jobs lost. Depression, alcohol and drug abuse. Spiritual and mental support reduced.
Hospitals closed for elective surgeries and procedures. People avoiding doctor's offices. Old people with COPD dying at home instead of risking hospitalization and isolation.

You also seem to think full churches would have caused COVID deaths to go down?
No. I think full churches would have made no difference in Covid deaths, but they could have done a lot to prevent depression and suicide. It's called hope.

Not at all. All those things are happening. Lockdowns, schools closed, etc play a part. But being in a pandemic overall plays a much bigger part. That’s my point. Do you not think stress, depression, etc aren’t up in places that have never done much of a lockdown? It’s a stressful time for just about everyone. Many people choose to stay home, do less, etc not because they have to but because they feel it is the best decision for them. But that doesn’t mean those people are affected one way or another. It’s hard for most people right now one way or another.

Stress, anxiety and depression are less, perhaps far less where there were less lockdowns and restrictions. No doubt about that at all. I doubt we would have had the riots except for Covid. It made the cities a powderkeg.

Wally

Reaction score

Survival of the fittest, you seem to advocate it, whats the difference. These are less fit people dying, if its Covid or booze whats the difference?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
There is an incentive. Hospitals get paid more. Politicians maintain more power over the people.

They get paid more by falsely listing COVID as the underlying cause of death instead of a secondary cause? Do you have anything to back that up? The whole discussion around this earlier this year was that hospitals get more money for COVID patients and even more if they go on a ventilator. Nothing about them dying or how the death certificate is filled out. So if a very large portion of the deaths were really people who died with COVID and not from COVID as you say, wouldn’t we see a much smaller percentage of those deaths certificates with COVID listed as the underlying cause?

100,000 businesses, closed for good. Millions of jobs lost. Depression, alcohol and drug abuse. Spiritual and mental support reduced.

All of those things continue to happen because we’re in a pandemic.

Hospitals closed for elective surgeries and procedures. People avoiding doctor's offices. Old people with COPD dying at home instead of risking hospitalization and isolation.

Elective surgeries and procedures have been happening since mid-April. Yes that caused some extra deaths early on but it has little to do with any of the excess deaths the last 5 months.

No. I think full churches would have made no difference in Covid deaths, but they could have done a lot to prevent depression and suicide. It's called hope.

There’s examples of people that contracted the virus from full churches and died. If you don’t think people packed inside would spread the virus and cause more deaths, how do you think it actually spreads? Also the median age of regular church goers is much higher than the overall population median.

Stress, anxiety and depression are less, perhaps far less where there were less lockdowns and restrictions. No doubt about that at all. I doubt we would have had the riots except for Covid. It made the cities a powderkeg

Uncontrollable spread, higher hospitalization and death numbers would lessen stress, anxiety and depression?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Wish there was some way to claw back every positive thing Berenson has stolen for himself, via lies about the pandemic.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Funny how the GH clowns with liberal closeminded bias don't like contradictory data

1614904461914.png

Attachments

• 1614894547283.png
    1614894547283.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom