All Things Alex Berenson (@AlexBereson) Tweets

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
What's wrong with this? He was actually closer than what many 'experts' were saying in the US on February 22nd. He's adjusted his stance as data has come in, also unlike the 'experts', or the media.

The 'we can't contain it' comment continues to seem pretty accurate as well.
He's kinda been all over the place. He took it very serious early on, even was pushing for masks. Then when things started happening (shut downs, etc), he claimed it would be over in a month or two and there would be a lot less deaths than the flu. That it was all an overreaction. And once masks became a recommendation, he completely flipped on that. He was correct very early on and has been way off since then.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Deaths up 50% over last 2.5 weeks

adDqml4.png

New hospitalizations up 100% over last 4 weeks

AZ8U4K4.png

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Remarkable how these so called experts alter their recommendations with no change in science:
Thread:

stocker08

Reaction score
Good summary of Berenson's lies here

Alex Berenson is just another Alex Jones type dipshit who preys on the weak minds of the far right dingbats. How many of the boys bought his spy novels? All/most? Yup.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
You might be right. A lie is when someone purposely doesn’t tell the truth. I’m not sure he’s smart enough to know how wrong he is all the time.

Oh come on, do you really want me to dig up all of the failed predictions from epidemiologists and scientists?

You may not like Alex's opinion, but that doesn't mean it's a lie.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Oh come on, do you really want me to dig up all of the failed predictions from epidemiologists and scientists?

You may not like Alex's opinion, but that doesn't mean it's a lie.
That wasn’t the point of the post. He’s really good at moving the goalposts to make himself always look right. First it was it isn’t a big deal because we may not see more deaths than during the flu season. Now it’s not a big deal because more people die of other things.

If you read the response by the Rasmussen, she pointed out a few of his lies. I’m not even saying everything he says is wrong. But he is wrong a lot.

It’s interesting that many here say medical and scientific experts around the world potentially have an incentive to lie so we shouldn’t listen to them, but then are fine listening to a guy like this with no medical or scientific background that is directly profiting financially from going against the majority.

stocker08

Reaction score
That wasn’t the point of the post. He’s really good at moving the goalposts to make himself always look right. First it was it isn’t a big deal because we may not see more deaths than during the flu season. Now it’s not a big deal because more people die of other things.

If you read the response by the Rasmussen, she pointed out a few of his lies. I’m not even saying everything he says is wrong. But he is wrong a lot.

It’s interesting that many here say medical and scientific experts around the world potentially have an incentive to lie so we shouldn’t listen to them, but then are fine listening to a guy like this with no medical or scientific background that is directly profiting financially from going against the majority.

Psst....you are trying to explain things to a low info dodo. Alex Berenson and Alex Jones fuels these guys with all the BIGLIEST news that the MEDIA won't tell you about.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

None of what she pointed out is an actual lie. Most of what he says is a different, data based opinion. You may not like how he says it, and I don't agree with how he says things sometimes either.

This is the problem with so many liberal Scientists. If you don't agree with them, you're a liar and you don't believe in Science. That's not how Science works.

There are papers done by epidemiologists at Stanford, Oxford, in Sweden, etc that disagree with what Rasumssen is saying is the truth. Are they now liars too?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
None of what she pointed out is an actual lie. Most of what he says is a different, data based opinion. You may not like how he says it, and I don't agree with how he says things sometimes either.

This is the problem with so many liberal Scientists. If you don't agree with them, you're a liar and you don't believe in Science. That's not how Science works.

There are papers done by epidemiologists at Stanford, Oxford, in Sweden, etc that disagree with what Rasumssen is saying is the truth. Are they now liars too?
Saying there is no evidence masks work is in fact a lie. Stating most of the deaths were of people that were going to die is a lie. With over 260k more deaths this year than each of the last two, we know that isn’t true. He keeps talking about lockdowns but there hasn’t been lockdowns since May.

I could go on and on because there’s so many examples of Berenson clearly not understanding the science. That’s why so many are critical of him. He acts like he knows what he’s talking about but time after time he’s shown he doesn’t have a clue.

The real issue is so many people think anyone that disagrees with people like Berenson is automatically a liberal.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

[/I’m not sure he’s smart enough to know how wrong he is all the time.

Wow. 180 degree turn.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Saying there is no evidence masks work is in fact a lie. Stating most of the deaths were of people that were going to die is a lie. With over 260k more deaths this year than each of the last two, we know that isn’t true. He keeps talking about lockdowns but there hasn’t been lockdowns since May.

I could go on and on because there’s so many examples of Berenson clearly not understanding the science. That’s why so many are critical of him. He acts like he knows what he’s talking about but time after time he’s shown he doesn’t have a clue.

The real issue is so many people think anyone that disagrees with people like Berenson is automatically a liberal.
Your liberal bias is loud and clear Gii.

bga1

Reaction score
That's just not a smart statement. Without a doubt most of the people who died with Covid were going to die soon anyway. Lockdowns have caused many deaths. We had a bad flu season. Excess deaths are somewhere between 200k and 260k, but if a lot of those 75-90 year + people who died would have died anyway then we will see a lagging effect that shows a reduction in deaths below normal. That will happen when this thing is done.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
That's just not a smart statement. Without a doubt most of the people who died with Covid were going to die soon anyway. Lockdowns have caused many deaths. We had a bad flu season. Excess deaths are somewhere between 200k and 260k, but if a lot of those 75-90 year + people who died would have died anyway then we will see a lagging effect that shows a reduction in deaths below normal. That will happen when this thing is done.
You’ve learned quite well from Berenson. First it was we wouldn’t see excess deaths at the end of the year. Now that we know that won’t happen, it’s changed to “when this thing is done”. It’s easy to keep saying something is going to happen because it’s impossible to prove it wrong when it’s always in the future. If what you’re saying is true, we’d be seeing the excess deaths being less than the COVID deaths by now.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Is this correct? I'm sure CoronaBro GoofInIowa will let us know:

1601220322656.png

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

View attachment 9463
I believe that it is correct and the Trump Administration has been using this type of data to compare our CV mitigation success with other countries. B/c who knows how other countries count CV deaths? We don’t even know how we count CV deaths.

justthefacts

Reaction score

View attachment 9463

It is absolutely wild that a random, anonymous person tweets some stats and you just take them as gospel, but if someone who has a PhD in epidemiology says something you don't like you dismiss it out of hand.

But even if we assume the numbers are correct, I'd remind the board for the 1,380th time that CDC death numbers lag by up to eight weeks.

f28nqeL.png

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

View attachment 9463
You call me the goof but you posted someone that can’t even comprehend a basic chart. I’m assuming she used this and apparently there is no month of January this year. Yeah I’m the goof. Simple research would show she’s very wrong.

Edit: They even doubled down and posted the link I suspected they used. This is also apparently a fake account. Misinformation for everyone!

Last edited:
Top Bottom