All Things Alex Berenson (@AlexBereson) Tweets

Panthadad2

Reaction score
Who determines what honest discussion is? Stop trying to censor. We need people to think for themselves
Vimeo and Dailymotion haven't censored these controversial COVID-19 videos from what I can tell. Since these are private companies doing the censoring (YouTube et al), maybe this is just an opportunity for consumers to "vote with their feet" and use other products.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The Swiss also had a much better plan from the get go and were much more prepared. They started testing a lot earlier.

Switzerland
1589293117916.png
US
1589293137459.png

bga1

Reaction score
Swiss deaths per million are in the range of the US - the US is at 248 deaths per million and the Swiss are at 215.
They shifted their strategy early to protect the most vulnerable. When you see the sharp curve they had it sure appears that they let it run through the population of healthy adults. They didn't flatten so much as they protected the old people. Now they are back functioning in a much shorter period of time.

Time to reopen!

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Swiss deaths per million are in the range of the US - the US is at 248 deaths per million and the Swiss are at 215.
They shifted their strategy early to protect the most vulnerable. When you see the sharp curve they had it sure appears that they let it run through the population of healthy adults. They didn't flatten so much as they protected the old people. Now they are back functioning in a much shorter period of time.

Time to reopen!
Lets go!

GophersInIowa

Reaction score

Time to reopen!
My understanding is they shut things down very similar to what the US did. However they were able to test much more widely early on. This article from March 17 says that people with just a few symptoms were already eligible for testing.

The government appears to have taken such criticism to heart. It also said on Monday it was changing its approach to testing now that Switzerland has the resources to test more people. People showing a few symptoms are now eligible for testing, not just those displaying severe symptoms that require hospitalisation.

bga1

Reaction score
My understanding is they shut things down very similar to what the US did. However they were able to test much more widely early on. This article from March 17 says that people with just a few symptoms were already eligible for testing.

See this March 6 article. They transitioned early to shelter specifically the old people. I would guess that they built their testing around that as well.
However, I do see what the article you linked said and it appears that they then waffled due to criticism and went to the more full lock down. If you look at their curve and note that their population is under 9 million, you can see two weeks plus where they had deaths in the range of 50-75 per day. That is in the range of being equivalent to the 2000 per day plus that the US was seeing. I just don't see where the lock down and testing that the Swiss did helped them do any better than the US. Now consider that there just is no comparable situation in Switzerland to NYC/New Jersey and their situation was much more manageable. In the US outside of NYC/New Jersey, the rate of deaths per million is in the range of half the Swiss.

Honestly, I think that the best thing you can do is to take your medicine, get through it as fast as possible and move on with life. A lot has to do with the lifestyle of the people and the culture. Two countries that have done very well are both very disciplined cultures- Germany and South Korea. Both countries are used to rule following and rigidity. Both have a far greater degree of homogeneity to their cultures.

There are trade offs for freedom. I will take freedom.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
See this March 6 article. They transitioned early to shelter specifically the old people. I would guess that they built their testing around that as well.
However, I do see what the article you linked said and it appears that they then waffled due to criticism and went to the more full lock down. If you look at their curve and note that their population is under 9 million, you can see two weeks plus where they had deaths in the range of 50-75 per day. That is in the range of being equivalent to the 2000 per day plus that the US was seeing. I just don't see where the lock down and testing that the Swiss did helped them do any better than the US. Now consider that there just is no comparable situation in Switzerland to NYC/New Jersey and their situation was much more manageable. In the US outside of NYC/New Jersey, the rate of deaths per million is in the range of half the Swiss.

Honestly, I think that the best thing you can do is to take your medicine, get through it as fast as possible and move on with life. A lot has to do with the lifestyle of the people and the culture. Two countries that have done very well are both very disciplined cultures- Germany and South Korea. Both countries are used to rule following and rigidity. Both have a far greater degree of homogeneity to their cultures.

There are trade offs for freedom. I will take freedom.
Yeah I'll be honest I really haven't followed Switzerland at all so I'm just speculating based on the little info I was able to find. It seems to me they were able to contain the spread earlier than in certain areas of the US.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Yeah I'll be honest I really haven't followed Switzerland at all so I'm just speculating based on the little info I was able to find. It seems to me they were able to contain the spread earlier than in certain areas of the US.
Granted, when it comes to the Swiss, they probably didn't have "leaders" like Cuomo and Pelosi telling people for weeks that there was nothing to worry about and they should keep coming to their wonderful cities/states.

bga1

Reaction score
Granted, when it comes to the Swiss, they probably didn't have "leaders" like Cuomo and Pelosi telling people for weeks that there was nothing to worry about and they should keep coming to their wonderful cities/states.
And do a politically correct parade in Chinatown with thousands packing the street in order to not let the Chinese feel bad about being blamed for the virus! :)

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I think they all failed. Instead of pointing the fingers at each other, they all should be looking at what they themselves could have done better. But we know that isn't what politicians do.

stocker08

Reaction score
Lol. This Berenson fool is a massive dildo. No wonder les follows.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Wow, from the NYT of all places. Must be starting to hit their bank account:

1589482991441.png
1589483046817.png

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Wow, from the NYT of all places. Must be starting to hit their bank account:

View attachment 8022
View attachment 8023
Good opinion piece there, I agree completely. Still don't get why Berenson and others have such a problem with wearing masks.

Just a suggestion, it's easier for people to read articles like this if you copy and paste the actual tweet instead of just a screenshot of it.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Stocker and Goodas are still scared of the virus?

Soft as hell. Just soft.

Goldteam

Banned
Reaction score
Which part(s) are fake, Loons?
They don't answer questions. They call you names when they don't like a reasonable, makes sense post. That's why Stocker does not nothing but call people names.

stocker08

Reaction score
They don't answer questions. They call you names when they don't like a reasonable, makes sense post. That's why Stocker does not nothing but call people names.
You haven't made a sensible post since you got here.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Made up stuff. All of it. That person is a joke.
I believe the terms you used previously were "mega douche" and "dildo", which wasn't long before I mentioned you needing to, at some point, at least make an attempt to show that you are indeed not a juvenile.

Top Bottom