All Things 2019-2020 Minnesota Timberwolves In-Season Thread

Iceland12

Reaction score
He won't do it though. Covington at the 4 is such a bad idea with terrible results so far. He is a 3 and nothing is going to change that, but Ryan has tied his cans to the small ball idea.
Rosas has tied Ryan's "cans to the small ball idea."

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Me neither, but their Offense sure looks different than before Rosas got here.
Saunders said last year that after he took over from Thibs he didnt want to change much midseason.

Regardless, team doesnt have personnel for small ball.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Angry Ryan Saunders rips into Andrew Wiggins, Timberwolves after team loses seventh in a row

Ryan Saunders was mad as hell, and he wasn’t going to take the first half anymore in the Timberwolves’ 117-110 loss to the Bulls on Wednesday night.

The Wolves committed nine first-quarter turnovers and were down by as many as 19 to a team that isn’t exactly the cream of the NBA crop. In the halftime locker room, he was mad at the entire team and had a “one-sided” conversation with them.

“You can call it a conversation if you want,” Saunders said.

But he directed some of his ire at one player in particular — Andrew Wiggins.

Wiggins seemed as if he was in witness protection during the first half: three points, four turnovers. Saunders made sure to let Wiggins know he was displeased with that effort.

“He was yelling at me a lot of the time,” Wiggins said. “… I needed it. The first half was a bad first half. I wasn’t aggressive. I was settling. I feel like in the second half, I just was a little more aggressive, tried to get downhill, creating for guys and do whatever I could to help the team win.”

Howl Wolves!!

Top Bottom