Ages of the 42 known US dead

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
This from ABC News today:

"In the U.S., of the cases for which there is data, only one person who died was in their 40s, while two people died in their 50s. Seven people were in their 60s, nine people in their 70s, 13 people in their 80s and 10 people were in their 90s."

Thus, the average age of the dead is well into their late 70's. But, go ahead and panic if you want at any age.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Veritas says “F the elderly! I’ve got my life to live!”

The more people ignore it and move around, the more grandparents you kill. Guaranteed

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
Veritas says “F the elderly! I’ve got my life to live!”

The more people ignore it and move around, the more grandparents you kill. Guaranteed
I think Veritas is elderly, is he not? Didn’t we go through this in the standing and drinking at gopher games?

mplarson7

Reaction score
This from ABC News today:

"In the U.S., of the cases for which there is data, only one person who died was in their 40s, while two people died in their 50s. Seven people were in their 60s, nine people in their 70s, 13 people in their 80s and 10 people were in their 90s."

Thus, the average age of the dead is well into their late 70's. But, go ahead and panic if you want at any age.
The largest group of infections are those in their 20s-40s. Who do you think those 70+ are getting it from? This needs to be taken seriously by ALL age groups.

Those who are panicking are dumb. BUT widespread isolation and closures/cancellations is the correct course of action for two reasons:

1) Limiting spread to those who are at high risk of serious complications (i.e. older individuals and those with serious health conditions)
2) Slowing the rate of infection so that our healthcare system does not get swamped.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
The largest group of infections are those in their 20s-40s. Who do you think those 70+ are getting it from? This needs to be taken seriously by ALL age groups.

Those who are panicking are dumb. BUT widespread isolation and closures/cancellations is the correct course of action for two reasons:

1) Limiting spread to those who are at high risk of serious complications (i.e. older individuals and those with serious health conditions)
2) Slowing the rate of infection so that our healthcare system does not get swamped.
Who is disagreeing with you? And do you really believe these 70, 80 and 90 year olds are out there shopping at Nike, etc.? Really? I have not been to a store, restaurant or sporting event in three weeks. No visitors, no deliveries, etc. No nursing home near here has been allowing visitors for a week now. 90% of people should just get on with their lives and avoid the very old and very weak. Follow the instructions laid out and get back to work and do the jobs you are being paid to do. This disease is no more likely to kill you than is the common flu.

USAF

Reaction score
Who is disagreeing with you? And do you really believe these 70, 80 and 90 year olds are out there shopping at Nike, etc.? Really? I have not been to a store, restaurant or sporting event in three weeks. No visitors, no deliveries, etc. No nursing home near here has been allowing visitors for a week now. 90% of people should just get on with their lives and avoid the very old and very weak. Follow the instructions laid out and get back to work and do the jobs you are being paid to do. This disease is no more likely to kill you than is the common flu.
And yet your president has declared a national emergency. Is he just too stupid to follow your advice, or what's the deal?

stocker08

Reaction score
That is a 100% bull$hit lie fed to you by President Dunce....who's been lying about the disease for the past month.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Oh, and while we're at it, report out of the Netherlands is that 50% of COVID-19 patients in the ICU are under age 50.

Young people are FAR from safe with this.

justthefacts

Reaction score

So the people who have died or been hospitalized who aren't 70+, just eff them too, huh?

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
So the people who have died or been hospitalized who aren't 70+, just eff them too, huh?
Who said that? How does the factual information in the original post offend you? Those were the facts this a.m. Just a pile of facts.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, and while we're at it, report out of the Netherlands is that 50% of COVID-19 patients in the ICU are under age 50.

Who said young people "safe with this"? I said this virus has no more fatalities for its size within that group than they would have with common flu. But, as I said earlier, go ahead and panic if you wish.

Veritas

Banned
Reaction score
Look at all the Dems posting like crazy because an ABC article dares to run contrary to their narrative that this virus is the end of the world and only one man is responsible for everyone's death coming before the end of the year unless everyone votes DFL. Arn't they precious?!

mplarson7

Reaction score
Who said young people "safe with this"? I said this virus has no more fatalities for its size within that group than they would have with common flu. But, as I said earlier, go ahead and panic if you wish.
Influenza is a known entity. We deal with it every year and can generally predict how it's going to go.

COVID-19 is novel. There is not existing immunity in the population for it. The danger is the unknown that we don't know exactly how this is going to go, hence the level of concern. I've spent a decent amount of time studying pathology and epidemiology, even throw in some virology. Have you?

You have a really hard time reading. I literally said, "those who are panicking are dumb." Panicking=dumb. Concern=appropriate. Your initial post was minimizing any concern for everyone under the age of 70, which is tragically dumb in and of itself.

bga1

Reaction score
That is a 100% bull$hit lie fed to you by President Dunce....who's been lying about the disease for the past month.
"President Dunce" is doing quite a bit better than a lot than other countries (France, Spain, Italy, Germany):

I see a lot of strong emotional reactions against the facts that have been presented by Veritas. Strange that so many of the leftists here would be science deniers....

bga1

Reaction score
Influenza is a known entity. We deal with it every year and can generally predict how it's going to go.

COVID-19 is novel. There is not existing immunity in the population for it. The danger is the unknown that we don't know exactly how this is going to go, hence the level of concern. I've spent a decent amount of time studying pathology and epidemiology, even throw in some virology. Have you?

You have a really time reading. I literally said, "those who are panicking are dumb." Panicking=dumb. Concern=appropriate. Your initial post was minimizing any concern for everyone under the age of 70, which is tragically dumb in and of itself.

His initial post stated facts and that it is not time to panic. He is right. Social distance is fine. Let's go for it. Some of the measures that are happening are over the top. Isolate the elderly, make sure they are kept service, delivered groceries and healthy.

mplarson7

Reaction score
His initial post stated facts and that it is not time to panic. He is right. Social distance is fine. Let's go for it. Some of the measures that are happening are over the top. Isolate the elderly, make sure they are kept service, delivered groceries and healthy.
I have also posted facts. Do you choose to dispute them?

mjfelton15

Banned
Reaction score
Were you this mad at Obama during some of his most signature lies? Did you call it “a 100% bullshit lie” when he said “if you like your health plan you can keep it”? Or “if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”?

stocker08

Reaction score
"President Dunce" is doing quite a bit better than a lot than other countries (France, Spain, Italy, Germany):

I see a lot of strong emotional reactions against the facts that have been presented by Veritas. Strange that so many of the leftists here would be science deniers....
President Dunce had a lot of time to prepare and failed. And then spread misinformation about the failure. No facts. Just lies.

stocker08

Reaction score
Were you this mad at Obama during some of his most signature lies? Did you call it “a 100% bullshit lie” when he said “if you like your health plan you can keep it”? Or “if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”?
Much more truthful than 100% bull$hit. Most people kept their health plan. On the other hand....Trump has repeatedly told nothing but lies for weeks now. Fail.

bga1

Reaction score

Please link this information. Info I have is that all of the people who died in the Netherlands are age 59+

Eight patients deceased, 176 new patients, a total of 1135 persons tested positive
In the last 24 hours, 176 more people have tested positive for COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. This brings the total number of positive tested people to 1135.

Since yesterday, eight patients have died of COVID-19 in the age of 59 to 94 years. Most of them are older than 70 years and had underlying health conditions. The number of fatalities in the Netherlands is now 20.

There were 162 patients have admitted to a hospital.

Top Bottom