AG Barr: "Trump's statements and tweets about DOJ cases make it 'impossible for me to do my job'

Cruze

Reaction score
Barr should quit his job and show some fu**ing integrity for the first time in his life. Better yet, he should march into the oval office, grab Trump by the scruff of his neck, and tell him if he makes another tweet about pending DOJ cases he is going to kick his ass. I know showing integrity is a hard ask for a right winger but his country needs Barr right now. His children and grandchildren will be proud of him if he finally does the right thing.

Barr says Trump's tweets about DOJ cases make it 'impossible to do my job'

Attorney General William Barr on Thursday criticized President Donald Trump for tweeting about Justice Department cases in an extraordinary defense of rank-and-file prosecutors in an interview with ABC News.

"To have public statements and tweets made about the department, about people in the department, our men and women here, about cases pending in the department and about judges before whom we have cases, make it impossible for me to do my job," Barr said, "and to assure the courts and the prosecutors in the department that we're doing our work with integrity."

Barr said Trump's tweets on the Stone case fed criticisms that the department is working on the President's behalf. "The fact that the tweets are out there and correspond to things we're doing at the department sort of give grist to the mill and that's why I think it's time to stop the tweeting about the Department of Justice criminal cases," Barr said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/politics/barr-trump-twitter/index.html

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Good for Barr. Certainly doesn't sound like a lackey. He's absolutely right, the worst part about Trump's presidency is his tweets, and I really think drive the huge disparity between how the population feels about their lives and his approval ratings. Completely unnceccesary. Yes, it's great that he can get his message out and circumvent the MSM, but he should really have someone filter them.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Good for Barr. Certainly doesn't sound like a lackey. He's absolutely right, the worst part about Trump's presidency is his tweets, and I really think drive the huge disparity between how the population feels about their lives and his approval ratings. Completely unnceccesary. Yes, it's great that he can get his message out and circumvent the MSM, but he should really have someone filter them.
Agreed. A simple proofreader would elevate things. A pop up that says "This is being archived forever" might do more.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
No. But I understand you wish it were so.
So which is it Howie? He's someone that thinks for himself and is doing the job he was appointed to do or he's just a Trump shadow? WTF? Make up your mind

jamiche

Reaction score
So which is it Howie? He's someone that thinks for himself and is doing the job he was appointed to do or he's just a Trump shadow? WTF? Make up your mind
Trump’s shadow. Overwhelming historical and situational evidence contradicts yesterday’s little vignette.

jamiche

Reaction score
Barr is not a lap dog like Obama’s holder was
Barr is far worse than a lapdog, little prince. Lapdogs sit in their owners' laps waiting to be petted. Barr attacks anyone who he perceives is resisting the interests of his client, Donald Trump, instead of heading up a justice department that represents the interests of the American people.

bga1

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what anyone says. With the left- hatred always rules. It doesn't matter what you do or say- they want to be in power and they hate that Trump is in and they are out. It will be this way for another 5 years until they kill their own party. POWER is their goal.

It showed up in 2016 with the spying and treason. It showed up with the fake Russia investigation by Mueller. It showed with the Kavanaugh proceedings and it showed with the fake WB and impeachment effort. They will never stop.

What are they doing for the people? Nothing.

jamiche

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what anyone says. With the left- hatred always rules. It doesn't matter what you do or say- they want to be in power and they hate that Trump is in and they are out. It will be this way for another 5 years until they kill their own party. POWER is their goal.

It showed up in 2016 with the spying and treason. It showed up with the fake Russia investigation by Mueller. It showed with the Kavanaugh proceedings and it showed with the fake WB and impeachment effort. They will never stop.

What are they doing for the people? Nothing.
At least it wasn’t a post about abortions.

howeda7

Reaction score
The fact that Trump had no issue with this statement tells you it was all for show. Trump ALWAYS has an issue with anyone on his side slighting him. They needed to turn down the heat, so they sent Bill out to slap his hand in the media so they could fawn over how "independent" he was being.

Section2

Reaction score
The fact that Trump had no issue with this statement tells you it was all for show. Trump ALWAYS has an issue with anyone on his side slighting him. They needed to turn down the heat, so they sent Bill out to slap his hand in the media so they could fawn over how "independent" he was being.
I've said from day one, and there is nothing that has happened since to change my mind. Barr is in no way a Trump lackey. He doesn't fit the profile of any of those you brand that way. He obviously cares about the justice department, and his actions are consistent with that goal. That this sometimes involves him defending Trump is what infuriates you about him.

Top Bottom