A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
That’s not what this says. The bad guys are the people with large audiences that push false ant-vax info. The percentage of people getting the vaccine would be higher if people’s decisions were based on accurate info.

What about the bad guys, politicians, Fauci, Osterholm, that have been pushing bad information and nothing but scare tactics since the beginning of the pandemic? The ones that moved the goal posts after 'just stay home for 2 weeks to slow the spread'.

Many of these same people were saying that vaccines are 'happy talk' and that we still can't return to normal after getting it. That is the root of the distrust within the population.

jamiche

Reaction score
It always has to be a negative with you. What an exhausting existence you lead. Dont want to take the vaccine? You’re anti science. Did take it? You jumped in front of granny. How sad and pathetic you are.
i signed up and got the vaccine at the MOA last week. Plenty of open slots and tons of people there. But please rage on.
The open slots must have been the bleach vaxx.

I dunno, melvy. Two plus two keeps coming up five on this deal. For over a year you've been loving the morons and hating the mavens. In melvin world, anybody who had any actual knowledge about anything related to covid was obviously lying, incompetent, demented or in it for straight cash homie. All of the buffoons had great "common sense" and were wonderful patriots who were protecting our freedoms. As recently as a couple of weeks ago you were still "waiting," for what we don't know. Now you are a Pfizer Pfellow?

Did you think your wordy ignorance was "owning" the prog bros?

Section2

Reaction score
You could have just said you didn’t read the article right away and saved us both some time. Because it’s clear you didn’t. There are valid concerns. Anti-vax groups are taking advantage of those concerns.

It’s also incorrect to say these vaccines didn’t go through the normal process. It did, there are number of reasons it was done much quicker than normal. This page summarizes it pretty good. https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/facts/testing
I read some of it. The “center for countering digital hate” and “Russia Russia Russia” don’t move the needle for me. I don’t think the problem is that Russians said vaccines turn people into monkeys. People are resistant to people like the author who want to run their lives for them.

The vaccines haven’t been approved by the FDA. That seems to be a pretty typical process that drugs and vaccines normally go thru. Doesn’t matter to me, but many people might be a little uncomfortable with a rushed vaccine, new experimental technology, and the thought that it’s sort of being offered at gunpoint. And of course, the biggest detriment to people wanting the vaccine is the message that nothing changes if you get it. Or Russia and monkey, or hate groups.

Section2

Reaction score
The open slots must have been the bleach vaxx.

I dunno, melvy. Two plus two keeps coming up five on this deal. For over a year you've been loving the morons and hating the mavens. In melvin world, anybody who had any actual knowledge about anything related to covid was obviously lying, incompetent, demented or in it for straight cash homie. All of the buffoons had great "common sense" and were wonderful patriots who were protecting our freedoms. As recently as a couple of weeks ago you were still "waiting," for what we don't know. Now you are a Pfizer Pfellow?

Did you think your wordy ignorance was "owning" the prog bros?
Two plus two has always equaled five in your brain. That’s why your progressive masters love you. I’ll keep doing my own thinking. In this case, I felt comfortable taking the vaccine. Honestly, the biggest thing holding me back was progressive group think and pressure.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
What about the bad guys, politicians, Fauci, Osterholm, that have been pushing bad information and nothing but scare tactics since the beginning of the pandemic? The ones that moved the goal posts after 'just stay home for 2 weeks to slow the spread'.

Many of these same people were saying that vaccines are 'happy talk' and that we still can't return to normal after getting it. That is the root of the distrust within the population.
I’ve said countless times that the communication has been horrible. Some would say many have been extra cautious, others that they’re using scare tactics. No one ever said 2 weeks to stop the spread and then it’ll be over. It was an attempt to suppress the virus to regroup. Of course the communication was terrible around that.

I get people not trusting politicians. My problem lies with people trusting people like Berenson and Kennedy over medical and scientific professionals.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
I read some of it. The “center for countering digital hate” and “Russia Russia Russia” don’t move the needle for me. I don’t think the problem is that Russians said vaccines turn people into monkeys. People are resistant to people like the author who want to run their lives for them.

The vaccines haven’t been approved by the FDA. That seems to be a pretty typical process that drugs and vaccines normally go thru. Doesn’t matter to me, but many people might be a little uncomfortable with a rushed vaccine, new experimental technology, and the thought that it’s sort of being offered at gunpoint. And of course, the biggest detriment to people wanting the vaccine is the message that nothing changes if you get it. Or Russia and monkey, or hate groups.
Again I don’t know how you’re coming to the conclusion that he wants to run people’s lives. Should we all not want people to make decisions based on the right information?

jamiche

Reaction score

You are playing your usual semantic games, melvin. The FDA issued EUA's for the three vaccines after all three went through Phase I, II and III clinical trials. Part of the EUA is ongoing study which is partially how we continue to get current data. Normally, it takes years to get through Phase I, II and III and we don't have that kind of time. The largest group of "uncomfortable" people are donalds and ten years of clinical trials wouldn't impact their thinking. Finally, please let us know who has been forced to take the juice at gunpoint.

jamiche

Reaction score
Two plus two has always equaled five in your brain. That’s why your progressive masters love you. I’ll keep doing my own thinking. In this case, I felt comfortable taking the vaccine. Honestly, the biggest thing holding me back was progressive group think and pressure.
I don't think your five year knee jerk support of a man who told over 20,000 lies while in office indicates that you are capable of doing your own thinking, melvin.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
I’ve said countless times that the communication has been horrible. Some would say many have been extra cautious, others that they’re using scare tactics. No one ever said 2 weeks to stop the spread and then it’ll be over. It was an attempt to suppress the virus to regroup. Of course the communication was terrible around that.

I get people not trusting politicians. My problem lies with people trusting people like Berenson and Kennedy over medical and scientific professionals.

You're talking about a tiny fraction of the population who trusts Berenson and Kennedy. It's nothing compared to the bigger picture.

Most people are going to make a decision on getting the vaccine off of their risk factor, and personal experience, or lack there of with covid.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
You're talking about a tiny fraction of the population who trusts Berenson and Kennedy. It's nothing compared to the bigger picture.

Most people are going to make a decision on getting the vaccine off of their risk factor, and personal experience, or lack there of with covid.
That’s fair. Trust is probably the wrong word. But those people are causing doubt.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
You certainly don't want public health to promote seat belt use, tobacco cessation, obesity reduction, alcohol consumption reduction, etc, melv.
The government is trying to dictate what health people will have. AKA banning menthol cigarettes, because that’s such a pressing issue...left wing looney women and their ”body positivity” that’s slowly killing young women. the government allowed liquor stores to remain open throughout the entirety of covid, and at the same time the same government took away handfuls of activities that kept people from wanting to drink, such as churches being open and get togethers with family. they also made sure their fear mongering was 24/7, 365, and stripped people of their freedoms enough to make them so depressed that they turned to the bottle. i know that the little dictator in every leftist wants to tell everyone else how to live, except when it comes to killing babies, but how about we let everyone decide health choices about the bodies that are ACTUALLY their own bodies.

jamiche

Reaction score
The government is trying to dictate what health people will have. AKA banning menthol cigarettes, because that’s such a pressing issue...left wing looney women and their ”body positivity” that’s slowly killing young women. the government allowed liquor stores to remain open throughout the entirety of covid, and at the same time the same government took away handfuls of activities that kept people from wanting to drink, such as churches being open and get togethers with family. they also made sure their fear mongering was 24/7, 365, and stripped people of their freedoms enough to make them so depressed that they turned to the bottle. i know that the little dictator in every leftist wants to tell everyone else how to live, except when it comes to killing babies, but how about we let everyone decide health choices about the bodies that are ACTUALLY their own bodies.
If you had put a period after "The" and hit "send," it would had been a much better post.

Section2

Reaction score
I don't think your five year knee jerk support of a man who told over 20,000 lies while in office indicates that you are capable of doing your own thinking, melvin.
Five year knee jerk?

Section2

Reaction score
You are playing your usual semantic games, melvin. The FDA issued EUA's for the three vaccines after all three went through Phase I, II and III clinical trials. Part of the EUA is ongoing study which is partially how we continue to get current data. Normally, it takes years to get through Phase I, II and III and we don't have that kind of time. The largest group of "uncomfortable" people are donalds and ten years of clinical trials wouldn't impact their thinking. Finally, please let us know who has been forced to take the juice at gunpoint.
If this was “the normal process” they would have FDA approval. That’s not a semantic game. Now, I think the FDA is pretty much worthless, so if you want to argue we don’t need their approval, we might be able to agree.

no one has yet, let’s keep it that way.

Section2

Reaction score

We just need Two weeks to slow the spread and give us time to ramp up hospital capacity. Hospital capacity being our chief concern. And then that went out the window immediately and we were shut down for a year. That isn’t bad communication. Hospitals were never overrun anywhere.

Section2

Reaction score
Again I don’t know how you’re coming to the conclusion that he wants to run people’s lives. Should we all not want people to make decisions based on the right information?
It’s the entire tone of the article. Look, not everyone is going to agree on everything. That’s ok. The reason they don’t agree isn’t Russian propaganda or Alex Berenson. The media, government, and public health are not trusted by huge swaths of the country. The good news is we have a vaccine for anyone who wants it, and if people don’t want to take it, they can take their chances. It’s over.

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
I enjoy seeing the 20,000, 40,000, 60,000 lie totals, that people think Trump told in office. Everyone knows that those are completely made up figures. Why are there no "Lie totals" for CNN or MSNBC?

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
We just need Two weeks to slow the spread and give us time to ramp up hospital capacity. Hospital capacity being our chief concern. And then that went out the window immediately and we were shut down for a year. That isn’t bad communication. Hospitals were never overrun anywhere.
We were never shut down for a year or even remotely close to it.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It’s the entire tone of the article. Look, not everyone is going to agree on everything. That’s ok. The reason they don’t agree isn’t Russian propaganda or Alex Berenson. The media, government, and public health are not trusted by huge swaths of the country. The good news is we have a vaccine for anyone who wants it, and if people don’t want to take it, they can take their chances. It’s over.
It’s not even close to being over, especially if a large portion of the population refuses to get the vaccine. The more people the virus can infect, the increases chances of more variants.

People have the right to refuse the vaccine but less would if they were basing their decision on factual information.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That’s fair. Trust is probably the wrong word. But those people are causing doubt.
Joe Biden is causing doubt by double masking AFTER he has been fully vaccinated.

Nothing says confidence in the vaccine like acting that you haven’t gotten vaccinated yet.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

Pushing bad information is distinctly different that bad communication, something you repeatedly run to when challenged.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
WHO Director General said on live video that even a vaccine won’t end the pandemic. So basically this never ends, which was the goal all along. And Libs love it.

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
Anyone see the news coverage about how they’re trying to incentivize vaccines to the black community in Detroit? Paying people if they bring a friend or relative to a vaccine center. I guess there’s a ton of skepticism towards the covid vaccine in the black community, my guess is that a lot of them are well aware of the Tuskegee experiment

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
The scientific community and our government is making lab rats out of everyone and it’s hilarious. I will laugh at whatever comes of all of this. Buddy of mine from high school nearly lost his dad to the vaccine. his dad got the Pfizer vaccine, and a day later collapsed in his garage. He’s paralyzed and has an autoimmune disease that he’ll live with permanently from the vaccine. His dad’s neurologist said he’s almost positive it was from the vaccine.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Where is Osterholm and his variant March surge?

GII? Bad communication?
It was a “Category 5 Hurricane surge” to be precise. On the other hand, it was Osterholm, so 🤷‍♂️. He is about due to try and raise his name again.

Top Bottom