A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

Section2

Reaction score
The growth of the anti-vax movement is something we all should be concerned with, regardless of how anyone feels about Covid.
The more you push, the more resistance you get. Trust has been completely destroyed in public health. It’s not restored with forced vaccinations, vaccine IDs, etc. it’s not restored by telling people they can only have a picnic outside if it’s not with strangers and everyone is vaccinated. It’s restored with honesty, objectivity, and free choice. It’s further eroded with ridicule, force, and bad science/lack of common sense.

jamiche

Reaction score
The more you push, the more resistance you get. Trust has been completely destroyed in public health. It’s not restored with forced vaccinations, vaccine IDs, etc. it’s not restored by telling people they can only have a picnic outside if it’s not with strangers and everyone is vaccinated. It’s restored with honesty, objectivity, and free choice. It’s further eroded with ridicule, force, and bad science/lack of common sense.
Nonsense words, melvin. The only vaxx you are getting is a a bleach enema.

cncmin

Reaction score
Who destroyed the public's trust in public health? By any chance would it be the same group of political operatives who intentionally destroyed the public's trust in our institutions and government as part of their political operations?

scools12

Reaction score
Who destroyed the public's trust in public health? By any chance would it be the same group of political operatives who intentionally destroyed the public's trust in our institutions and government as part of their political operations?
Yes it would be the same group of political operatives. Known as the Democrats.

Section2

Reaction score
Everything is about partisan politics to you. Partisan politics is a big part of why the public trust has been destroyed. Because public and other American institutions have been twisted to political ends. That pre dated Trump, but became an epidemic during his term. Obama era weaponizing of CIA, FBI and IRS for example. It all revealed itself during Trump. Could have just played it straight but didn’t.

cncmin

Reaction score
Everything is about partisan politics to you. Partisan politics is a big part of why the public trust has been destroyed. Because public and other American institutions have been twisted to political ends. That pre dated Trump, but became an epidemic during his term. Obama era weaponizing of CIA, FBI and IRS for example. It all revealed itself during Trump. Could have just played it straight but didn’t.
So as they gain data and use that data to make better informed decisions, that is an example of .... political weaponizing? No. That's SCIENCE and that's the way things are supposed to work in a well-functioning society. You are nuts.

Last edited:

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
The last part is not known for sure yet. There is now evidence that it can prevent infection and transmission also but we won’t know for sure until enough people get the vaccine.

Yeah I said that wrong originally. It does reduce your chances of getting COVID, but it doesn't eliminate it. Especially when new variants pop up.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

This is what happens when you mix public health with politics. It's a lose lose situation.

Allowing politicians to dictate that they know more about your health than you do, doesn't work.

howeda7

Reaction score
It's partisan because QOP'ers are twice as likely to refuse the vaccine as the rest of us.

That's not YeahButObamaaa!'s fault.

Section2

Reaction score
So as they gain data and use that data to make better informed decisions, that is an example of .... political weaponizing? No. That's SCIENCE and that's the way things are supposed to work in a well-functioning society. You are nuts.
Fauci is not using science here. Children don’t spread covid. They shouldn’t be wearing masks and they should go outside and play with their friends. Europe has no mask requirements under 12. Did you know that? The science is clear. I can’t fathom why Fauci is pushing this other than a political motive. It isn’t science.
weaponizing of federal agencies was a separate point to Fauci, but maybe I’m giving him too much credit.

howeda7

Reaction score
SCIENCE has a well-known Liberal Bias.

Section2

Reaction score
SCIENCE has a well-known Liberal Bias.
Straight down the middle Ron Paul voter who cares only about debt. Did you see Joe has another 2 trillion Bill planned on top of the 2 he spent and in addition to the 2 in infrastructure? Waiting to see or just ignoring altogether?

howeda7

Reaction score
It just infuriates you that anyone would fail to bow to the wisdom of the state. What a pathetic loser.
This "wisdom of the state"? I want people to get vaccinated, by choice, because it's the smart thing to do and everyone benefits when we defeat the virus. I don't give a $%^ about the "wisdom of the state."

You idiots are the ones making it political. If you could be convinced that taking the vaccine would "own Libs" the way slamming a steak would, the problem would be over in 2 weeks. Maybe less.

Section2

Reaction score
This "wisdom of the state"? I want people to get vaccinated, by choice, because it's the smart thing to do and everyone benefits when we defeat the virus. I don't give a $%^ about the "wisdom of the state."

You idiots are the ones making it political. If you could be convinced that taking the vaccine would "own Libs" the way slamming a steak would, the problem would be over in 2 weeks. Maybe less.
By choice. But if they don’t, they are qanon supporters and worthy of ridicule.
who is making the vaccine political? Trump supports it. Trump was a big part of expediting it. Biden walked into a great situation.
a lot of the country doesn’t trust big pharma and experimental mRNA technology. They feel the risk to the virus is lower than the vaccine. It’s their choice. The virus isn’t going away regardless.

Spoofin

Reaction score
who is making the vaccine political? Trump supports it. Trump was a big part of expediting it. Biden walked into a great situation.
a lot of the country doesn’t trust big pharma and experimental mRNA technology. They feel the risk to the virus is lower than the vaccine. It’s their choice. The virus isn’t going away regardless.
Howie accusing anyone of making anything political is simply priceless. You couldn't make up ignorance at that level.

howeda7

Reaction score
Straight down the middle Ron Paul voter who cares only about debt. Did you see Joe has another 2 trillion Bill planned on top of the 2 he spent and in addition to the 2 in infrastructure? Waiting to see or just ignoring altogether?
Waiting to see! I expect rational Mitt and the other remaining GOP'ers to negotiate in good faith to lower the spending in exchange for agreeing to the tax increase.

howeda7

Reaction score
Refusing doesn't make them Qanon supporters. I just said QOP'ers are making up a disproportionate share.

Trump could have done more to support it. He supported it as long as it could help him get elected. He spent the 60 days after the election screaming about fraud and pouting. When he took the vaccine he did in secret. Why? Hell he could make a PSA right now and I would applaud him doing it, even if it's probably too late.

Worthy of ridicule? People are free to do what they want. They're not free from the consequences.

Section2

Reaction score
Waiting to see! I expect rational Mitt and the other remaining GOP'ers to negotiate in good faith to lower the spending in exchange for agreeing to the tax increase.
Ah, it’s up to the GOP who you hate to control spending. And they must do so in good faith. Biden has proposed 6 T THIS YEAR in additional spending on top of a deficit, and Howie gives him a total pass. What a joke.

Section2

Reaction score
Refusing doesn't make them Qanon supporters. I just said QOP'ers are making up a disproportionate share.

Trump could have done more to support it. He supported it as long as it could help him get elected. He spent the 60 days after the election screaming about fraud and pouting. When he took the vaccine he did in secret. Why? Hell he could make a PSA right now and I would applaud him doing it, even if it's probably too late.

Worthy of ridicule? People are free to do what they want. They're not free from the consequences.
Why do you use the term QOP?

the consequences are: they aren’t vaccinated.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Yeah I said that wrong originally. It does reduce your chances of getting COVID, but it doesn't eliminate it. Especially when new variants pop up.
Which is why it’s important for as many people to get the vaccine as they can. The less people that are able to be infected and spread it (even if they’re not likely to get very sick) the less chances there are for more variants to spring up.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
The problem seems to be that many are making the decisions on false info. People will believe just about anything. The anti-vax BS is spreading all over the place.

They feel the risk is lower with Covid but that’s not the reality. Because they’re believing people that are lying to them.

howeda7

Reaction score
Ah, it’s up to the GOP who you hate to control spending. And they must do so in good faith. Biden has proposed 6 T THIS YEAR in additional spending on top of a deficit, and Howie gives him a total pass. What a joke.
The 6T is not all on top of the deficit. Stop lying. I'm in favor of the infrastructure bill as long as it's paid for, just as I was with Trump. Biden is proposing tax increases to pay for it, as is Manchin.

If the GOP/QOP cares about the deficit and not just blindly opposing Biden at all costs, they can negotiate with him. He will give up chunks of these bills to get the "bi-partisan" win. But they won't. So it'll either be a all Dem bill, probably bigger than it it needs to be, mostly paid for with tax increases, or it won't pass at all.

scools12

Reaction score
The 6T is not all on top of the deficit. Stop lying. I'm in favor of the infrastructure bill as long as it's paid for, just as I was with Trump. Biden is proposing tax increases to pay for it, as is Manchin.

If the GOP/QOP cares about the deficit and not just blindly opposing Biden at all costs, they can negotiate with him. He will give up chunks of these bills to get the "bi-partisan" win. But they won't. So it'll either be a all Dem bill, probably bigger than it it needs to be, mostly paid for with tax increases, or it won't pass at all.
After the previous four years of #RESIST now this is a problem.

Classic 😂😂😂

howeda7

Reaction score
After the previous four years of #RESIST now this is a problem.

Classic 😂😂😂
ZZZZ. In the very post I say I supported Trump's infrastructure plan too. Too bad "infrastructure week" kept getting put off due to the latest scandal or the need to "build that wall" or because the tax cuts were more important.

Section2

Reaction score

What would you call 3 separate 2 trillion dollar spending bills? It’s not in addition to our normal spending, which is currently deeply deficit? You think he can tax the economy an additional $6 T by raising capital gains slightly? Are you delusional?
No. Sorry. If you care about the debt and deficit, you place the blame on the party wanting to spend 6T. Not the party that doesn’t. Not a word from you. It’s somehow Republicans fault. Lick those boots Howie! You are a tax and spend 70s liberal now. Mr Ron Paul fan. You own it. No more fake complaining about the deficit.

Top Bottom