A Coronavirus Vaccine Won’t Work if People Don’t Take It

justthefacts

Reaction score

uab5H2.jpg

jamiche

Reaction score
The donalds are going to make it a real challenge to get to herd immunity.

jamiche

Reaction score
Voting data taken by county results - not even asking the actual people getting/not getting the vaccine. Okay.
It would be a really strange contradiction if hundreds of donald counties were vaccine slugs but full of donald vaccine enthusiasts and Biden skeptics. Keep trying.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Voting data taken by county results - not even asking the actual people getting/not getting the vaccine. Okay.
Metro counties are no doubt more population dense as well. And, the more densely populated areas are naturally more concerned about contracting and transmitting Covid since they have been some of the hardest hit.

This is typical JTF data analysis. Stack the data in a manner that most supports the narrative that you like.

Not saying Trump voters aren’t less likely to get the vaccine, but wasn’t Democrats, like Biden and Harris, that were saying in August that they wouldn’t trust the vaccine under a Trump Administration?

howeda7

Reaction score
Metro counties are no doubt more population dense as well. And, the more densely populated areas are naturally more concerned about contracting and transmitting Covid since they have been some of the hardest hit.

This is typical JTF data analysis. Stack the data in a manner that most supports the narrative that you like.

Not saying Trump voters aren’t less likely to get the vaccine, but wasn’t Democrats, like Biden and Harris, that were saying in August that they wouldn’t trust the vaccine under a Trump Administration?
Spin. Defect. Spin. Deflect.

howeda7

Reaction score
Of the immediate Republican family members that I have, 100% have gotten the vaccine from ages 28 to 62. That’s no f’n poll. It’s a fact.
That proves that poll is BS!

Perhaps some of them aren't Republicans but don't have the heart to tell you.

Spoofin

Reaction score

Not sure about Biden, but I do know of a certain poster here who said he wouldn’t take a “Rushed Trump Vaccine” and that “Rublicans should be in the front of the line for a ‘rushed’ vaccine”.

As for JTF, he keeps hitting this drum like it is something big. I’m not buying the numbers in WaPo, etc. polls as I have my eyes open - but the one he posted that I quoted here was particularly weak. He knows it.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
As for JTF, he keeps hitting this drum like it is something big. I’m not buying the numbers in WaPo, etc. polls as I have my eyes open - but the one he posted that I quoted here was particularly weak. He knows it.
At this point, I would actually have to give it a better than 50% chance that WaPo and NY Times polls like this were never actually conducted. They have their target audience, people like JTF and Broke, who will pounce on like a mackerel and believe anything that is produced by their website. With the election over, now it's pretty much about salvaging whatever audience they may still have, keep them on board by kicking out content that affirms their beliefs

Spoofin

Reaction score
At this point, I would actually have to give it a better than 50% chance that WaPo and NY Times polls like this were never actually conducted. They have their target audience, people like JTF and Broke, who will pounce on like a mackerel and believe anything that is produced by their website. With the election over, now it's pretty much about salvaging whatever audience they may still have, keep them on board by kicking out content that affirms their beliefs
The entire topic is comical.
Even most of Trump’s biggest haters acknowledge that vaccine development was an accomplishment of his. OWS was a success we are all benefitting from. They also rip on Trump for promising too much too early in regards to the vaccine. Finally, DT was one of the first to get the vaccine.

In short, Don was very pro-vaccine in words and in his actions. Yet, somehow the left is still trying to paint this picture that there is an overwhelming anti-vaccine contingent that is that way because of Donald Trump. Facts have never mattered to the left in regards to DT, why should they start mattering now?

justthefacts

Reaction score
The entire topic is comical.
Even most of Trump’s biggest haters acknowledge that vaccine development was an accomplishment of his. OWS was a success we are all benefitting from. They also rip on Trump for promising too much too early in regards to the vaccine. Finally, DT was one of the first to get the vaccine.

In short, Don was very pro-vaccine in words and in his actions. Yet, somehow the left is still trying to paint this picture that there is an overwhelming anti-vaccine contingent that is that way because of Donald Trump. Facts have never mattered to the left in regards to DT, why should they start mattering now?
I'm just saying Republicans and Trump voters are way more reluctant to get the vaccine.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
Meanwhile those hard lefty states of South Dakota, North Dakota, and Alaska remain near the top of percentage of population vaccinated.

All those old republicans refusing to take the vaccine has left Texas and South Dakota in the top 4 of seniors fully vaccinated, both over 77%.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Meanwhile those hard lefty states of South Dakota, North Dakota, and Alaska remain near the top of percentage of population vaccinated.
Must hold true universally, then.

How is South Dakota's next-door neighbor doing?

No, not that one. I mean Wyoming.

howeda7

Reaction score

All those old republicans refusing to take the vaccine has left Texas and South Dakota in the top 4 of seniors fully vaccinated, both over 77%.

It turns out that when you have tiny populations and only 2-3 medical systems, you can get everyone who will take it vaccinated faster. That's great.

But I'm also guessing those states are close to maxed out. The pekple who haven't been vaccinated aren't to be. Other states will catch up with them.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
n=4

Did or did not Kamala Harris question taking any vaccine produced under the Trump Administration? Yes.

Did Trump question the vaccines that his administration produced? No.

Maybe if Democrats hadn’t so politicized Covid, therapies, and vaccines, people would have more assurance regarding the solutions to the pandemic. The former CDC director saying that “masks are as effective as vaccines” was pure stupidity, which also would discourage people from getting the vaccine.

Conservatives believe in the freedoms of individuals. I don’t demand that others take the vaccine. I hope enough take it that we reach herd immunity along with the natural immunity of having had Covid (which may last longer with at least one vaccine shot of the 2 shot vaccines).

Telling people that they have to wear a mask or two after they have been fully vaccinated, and effectively Covid immune, may demotivate some people to get the vaccine. If the vaccines give someone immunity, what is the purpose of the mask other than as a courtesy to others that don’t know if you’ve been vaccinated? Pretending that masks are needed after being fully vaccinated is virtue signaling and theater for political purposes.

Your polls are purely political. They serve no purpose other than to disparage Trump supporters. None. Harris’s and other Dems’ lack of confidence in a Trump vaccine was purely political. They didn’t care about people getting vaccinated. They cared about winning an election.

If Democrats didn’t operate that way all the time, maybe people would trust them more.

Spoofin

Reaction score
It turns out that when you have tiny populations and only 2-3 medical systems, you can get everyone who will take it vaccinated faster. That's great.

But I'm also guessing those states are close to maxed out. The pekple who haven't been vaccinated aren't to be. Other states will catch up with them.
You realize he mentioned TX in his post?
It’s odd that you want everyone to get the vaccine, yet so badly want a certain group to not get it so you can be right. So much so that you are now left with “guessing” these areas are ‘maxed out’ where that isn’t happening. Whew, that was close.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Of the immediate Republican family members that I have, 100% have gotten the vaccine from ages 28 to 62. That’s no f’n poll. It’s a fact.
Its factual for most of Trump supporters. Their narrative is rubbish.

USAF

Reaction score
It would be a really strange contradiction if hundreds of donald counties were vaccine slugs but full of donald vaccine enthusiasts and Biden skeptics. Keep trying.
Spoof has been trying to deny the political aspects of the entire covid situation since day one.

He's a Trumper, he has to.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Almost as bad as Kamala Harris telling people she’s suspect of any vaccine developed by the Trump Administration.
Right. The left was the vaccine skeptics until early November. Now we see all the nonsense of Trump being behind mass vaccine reluctance. Silly. Predictable.

COVID should never have been a political tool. Unfortunately, the left decided getting elected was more important than anything and so here we are. Very similar to the left enabling violence all summer - the ends justifying the means to many. To their credit, it worked.

Wally

Reaction score
I work closely with 3 18-64yo Trump voters and they all said they aren't getting vaccinated.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Dumbest take ever, that hurt them massively at the polls.
I said politicizing COVID was similar to enabling violence. You quoted it. Then, in one sentence you write a)that is a dumb take (dumbest ever); and b) that it hurt them. How did it hurt them if they didn’t do it?

Top Bottom