43 Years Ago Today: Michigan 0 - 16 Minnesota

nitramnaed

Reaction score
I was there. One of the greatest Gopher game days of my life.

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
The guy in the yellow tam, sunglasses, and binoculars at the 23:12 point is my dad. I couldn't go to the game with him because I had to work. He took my sister, who had never been to a game and was only a bit of a sports fan.

He meant well--he would say things like this that were totally out of context--but at the end of the game he said "I can't believe I wasted a ticket on you!!!"

nitramnaed

Reaction score
The guy in the yellow tam, sunglasses, and binoculars at the 23:12 point is my dad. I couldn't go to the game with him because I had to work. He took my sister, who had never been to a game and was only a bit of a sports fan.

He meant well--he would say things like this that were totally out of context--but at the end of the game he said "I can't believe I wasted a ticket on you!!!"
That's great! I was way up in the student section. Section 9 near the top.

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
Cal had a pair and a spare in that backfield. Love the background music.

nitramnaed

Reaction score
Not to down play Carlson's performance, 6 of 10 in the age of smash mouth football, but if you could redshirt back then Tony Dungy might have been the QB for that game.

GopherDog1

Section 143
Reaction score
I was there myself, until the Penn State game last fall that Michigan game was my top game attended since 1974. I have to bump that glorious 1977 Michigan game down to #2 now since the Penn State game last fall. 43 years ago seems like maybe 15 to 20 years? Where do the years go?

BroncoRedux

Reaction score
I was hunting grouse near Park Rapids, difficult spot to get a radio signal. We concluded about mid afternoon and found 'CCO, Ray mentioned the Gophers up 16 - 0. I was SO stunned and SO mad I had missed that game. Then I just smiled.

Brick House

Reaction score
I was there as well, one of my fondest Gopher memories. I have the Terrance Forgarty print of this game as well

Top Bottom