John Galt

Reaction score
They are deeply scarred. Getting Trump out of their head is going to take some time. Like years.
They will continue to be more obsessed with him than ever. Remember how much George W Bush was hated? I’ve actually heard some of them now say that Bush was actually a decent guy. 4 or 8 years from now, when there’s a new boogeyman Republican in the WH, they will be remembering fondly the Trump era and tell us if only the current R president was more like Bush and Trump.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
They will continue to be more obsessed with him than ever. Remember how much George W Bush was hated? I’ve actually heard some of them now say that Bush was actually a decent guy. 4 or 8 years from now, when there’s a new boogeyman Republican in the WH, they will be remembering fondly the Trump era and tell us if only the current R president was more like Bush and Trump.

3.5 years from now, all Trump has to do is criticize the leading Repub candidate and the Democrats will remember him fondly. GW was the devil incarnate, but now they praise him. McCain and Romney were fascist, racist, sexist homophobes in 2008 and 2012 but now they're statesmen. It's quite funny.

USAF

Reaction score
Trump was the single greatest thing that ever happened to the media. Facebook, Twitter, CNN, Fox, NBC, the New York Times/WSJ owe more of their profits to Trump than any other person in human history. Trump literally made them tens of billions of dollars as people clicked on every story and consumed more politics than ever before. There is no way they are letting go of this cash cow even with the election over. People in both parties, especially the left, will continue to follow Trump’s every move and be far more interested in what he’s doing than Biden’s foreign policy. I’ll predict Trump threads will continue to far outnumber Biden threads on GH and it will be just a matter of time before Trump 2024 speculation begins. The left on here, you know who you are, has nothing better to do with their lives than follow Trump. They are like lost sheep and won’t have any purpose in life with a Biden administration. The Trump phenomenon and interest only accelerates from here.
Sorry, Galty. Trump will soon be relegated to the dustbin of history. Occasionally making a list of "worst presidents," but otherwise ignored. Within a decade you won't find many people who will admit to voting for him.

He'll be forgotten. Ignored. He won't get the respect and automatic "president emeritus" status given most presidents.

He'll make some money giving speeches to his dwindling supporters, but nobody will pay any attention.

He'll be a minor, fading celebrity again. Worthless, cheap, not taken seriously. Firing off senseless tweets to an ever shrinking few.

And that will be the worst punishment imaginable.

It does my heart good.

Adios, Trump. Enjoy retirement.

John Galt

Reaction score
3.5 years from now, all Trump has to do is criticize the leading Repub candidate and the Democrats will remember him fondly. GW was the devil incarnate, but now they praise him. McCain and Romney were fascist, racist, sexist homophobes in 2008 and 2012 but now they're statesmen. It's quite funny.
McCain was also their mortal enemy in 2008 and Romney in 2012 when they dared to run against Obama. Now they are “true patriots” who put their country first.

John Galt

Reaction score
Sorry, Galty. Trump will soon be relegated to the dustbin of history. Occasionally making a list of "worst presidents," but otherwise ignored. Within a decade you won't find many people who will admit to voting for him.

He'll be forgotten. Ignored. He won't get the respect and automatic "president emeritus" status given most presidents.

He'll make some money giving speeches to his dwindling supporters, but nobody will pay any attention.

He'll be a minor, fading celebrity again. Worthless, cheap, not taken seriously. Firing off senseless tweets to an ever shrinking few.

And that will be the worst punishment imaginable.

It does my heart good.

Adios, Trump. Enjoy retirement.
So this means your done writing about him, right?

howeda7

Reaction score
W and Romney are decent human beings. That makes them better than Trump. It doesn't mean either were or would have been good Presidents. I say that having voted for W twice.

They seem better in hindsight only because the GOP keeps lowering the bar. With Trump it's 6 feet under. Can it go lower? I hope not. Even Tucker Carlson would be a lateral move.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Well, the post title is 2024, so...

For the Repubs, it'll be Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, or Niki Haley. Maybe one of the TX or FL governors sneaks in.

For the Dems, if Biden gets 25th, it will be Kamala if she's already the incumbent. Otherwise, Cuomo or Whitmer if either one can repair their reputational damage from COVID.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
W and Romney are decent human beings. That makes them better than Trump. It doesn't mean either were or would have been good Presidents. I say that having voted for W twice.

They seem better in hindsight only because the GOP keeps lowering the bar. With Trump it's 6 feet under. Can it go lower? I hope not. Even Tucker Carlson would be a lateral move.

My voting record for President is probably the exact opposite of yours in the last 20 years - except I voted 3rd party in 2008. This means I'm used to experiencing loss almost every Presidential election.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Well, the post title is 2024, so...

For the Repubs, it'll be Marco Rubio, Tim Scott, or Niki Haley. Maybe one of the TX or FL governors sneaks in.

For the Dems, if Biden gets 25th, it will be Kamala if she's already the incumbent. Otherwise, Cuomo or Whitmer if either one can repair their reputational damage from COVID.
You are absolutely kidding yourself if you don't think a Trump will run

Last edited:

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
You are absolutely kidding yourself if you don't think a Trump won't run

Nah. The Trumps will go back to their good lives...probably entering the independent digital political media scene that's exploding now. The Trump kids would need to run for some lower office first before entering the national scene. They aren't independently accomplished...except for maybe Ivanka, and she's a Democrat.

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
I do not think Trump will run in 2024, but I think he will keep that option open, just to annoy the Dems. He is so annoyed with the media, he will probably start Trump TV. Don Jr. will run in the future, but not in 2024.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Trump is old and fat. He's only breathing 3 more years, tops.

Harris/Abrams 2024 - but you could switch AOC for either and it still works. :)

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I have no issue with Yang. His supporters on Twitter were as annoying as Bernie Bros though.

I'm a fan of Yang.
His twitter supporters are strong, but they don't do anything other than create Memes and reply to social media. In the Iowa caucus, a bunch went to Iowa and apparently did nothing, or they were the worst organizers ever put together. His showing in Iowa was underwhelming by any estimation.

Face The Facts

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
I still think Biden could limp through another election.

Trump can't. He's done. I think we're done with the Trump men.

Ivanka could come back later and run. I think she'd actually be good. She seems to be aware of her surroundings.

Nikki Haley needs to be the Repub candidate.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You do realize that this isn't random, right? That there was/is a pattern?

It works like this: just when we think we've hit the bottom, the new candidate is an order of magnitude worse than the previous.

They're gonna have to dig up some pure Qanon filth, to get much worse than Trump, though.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

I mean .... at some point, the lower you sink, you have to start turning people off, right???

There's a reason why Libertarians only get 5% of the vote and that only (don't know the actual number, but let's go with) 5% of people support Qanon.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I still think Biden could limp through another election.

Trump can't. He's done. I think we're done with the Trump men.

Ivanka could come back later and run. I think she'd actually be good. She seems to be aware of her surroundings.

Nikki Haley needs to be the Repub candidate.
Even with two women .... it's still two white women.

The ticket that would be the most difficult to beat would be lead by intelligent, black republicans.

Does the GOP have the balls to go there in 2024? We'll see.

Triple D

Reaction score
Even with two women .... it's still two white women.

The ticket that would be the most difficult to beat would be lead by intelligent, black republicans.

Does the GOP have the balls to go there in 2024? We'll see.
Kendall Qualls lost....Dems only vote for Dems, sad

Section2

Reaction score
Warren was also called shrill. The Fellas are consistent.
Warren is a howling maniac. Yes, she is shrill.
kamalas cackle and condescension is unlikable.
tulsi is likeable. Demeanor, calm speaking tone.
krysten sinema is likeable.
Amy klobuchar is kind of boring but likable (unless you’re a staffer)
You hate every republican woman. You spend a lot of time going after Kristi Noem. You are sexist.

Section2

Reaction score
It’s called a pandemic. It caused mail in ballots which are counted last. This is such basic stuff and easily understandable.
It’s called razor thin margins in 5 key battleground states.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It’s called razor thin margins in 5 key battleground states.
The question isn’t whether there was fraud favoring Democrats, it’s whether it was significant enough to make a difference and whether it can be identified.

I suspect it was, but these establishment Dem metro areas are expert at cheating. In Pennsylvania, they not only unconstitutionally liberalized the election laws in the middle of the election season, but this liberalization made it much easier to cheat if you could keep the polls watchers from seeing what was happening.

One example, mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania were supposed to separate ballots received before the end of election hours and those arriving later per the SCOTUS. Instead, Pennsylvania has no idea if the rules were followed, whether late arriving ballots were separated, all while envelopes were discarded, and everyone claims to have no idea. It appears to be a choreographed effort to permit cheating and mishandling of ballots with significant partisan involvement.

I‘m absolutely certain it won’t happen, but the only fair way to determine this election is to re-vote for President and Senate*(where applicable) in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan*, Wisconsin, Arizona*, and Nevada. There were too many voting irregularities to determine a truthful outcome in those states. I think that would be more acceptable than a court ruling ballots being disqualified. Voting audits are likely more practical to determine fraud in hindsight.

More importantly, election processes need far more rigorous oversight than what currently exists in Democrat metro strongholds. It is a violation of the equal protections clause of the Constitutional to permit different standards of election oversight for rural and urban voting districts. Poll watchers need to be given equal access at both elections centers.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The question isn’t whether there was fraud favoring Democrats, it’s whether it was significant enough to make a difference and whether it can be identified.

I suspect it was, but these establishment Dem metro areas are expert at cheating. In Pennsylvania, they not only unconstitutionally liberalized the election laws in the middle of the election season, but this liberalization made it much easier to cheat if you could keep the polls watchers from seeing what was happening.

One example, mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania were supposed to separate ballots received before the end of election hours and those arriving later per the SCOTUS. Instead, Pennsylvania has no idea if the rules were followed, whether late arriving ballots were separated, all while envelopes were discarded, and everyone claims to have no idea. It appears to be a choreographed effort to permit cheating and mishandling of ballots with significant partisan involvement.

I‘m absolutely certain it won’t happen, but the only fair way to determine this election is to re-vote for President and Senate*(where applicable) in Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan*, Wisconsin, Arizona*, and Nevada. There were too many voting irregularities to determine a truthful outcome in those states. I think that would be more acceptable than a court ruling ballots being disqualified. Voting audits are likely more practical to determine fraud in hindsight.

More importantly, election processes need far more rigorous oversight than what currently exists in Democrat metro strongholds. It is a violation of the equal protections clause of the Constitutional to permit different standards of election oversight for rural and urban voting districts. Poll watchers need to be given equal access at both elections centers.
This is what a sore loser sounds like, kids.

golf

Reaction score
Am excited about Dan Crenshaw and Kayleigh McEnany running at some point. Both are very cerebral, very likable, and have striking personal stories.

Top Bottom