2022 Recruiting

bball_craz_26

Reaction score
2022 Guard Acania Hayes announced her final eight and Gophers were not on it.

Remaining 2022 known offers (players who have had a gopher offer and either have not posted a finalist list or are still believed to be recruited by Minnesota)

Offered/In-state:

Amaya Battle
-Hopkins-Hopkins-5’11 Guard

Out of State Offers:

Ayanna Patterson,
6’3 W, Fort Wayne HS (IN) ESPN Ranked #3

Brianna McDaniel, 5’10 G, Kenwood Academy (IL) ESPN Ranked #30

(Top 15: Wisconsin, Texas A&M, Illinois, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan State, Clemson, Georgia, Louisville, Texas, Maryland, Florida, Miami, Mississippi State, Duke)

Alyssa Crockett, 6’2 W, Westfield HS (IN) ESPN Ranked #36

Emily LaChapell, 5’11 W, Appleton East (WI)

Aaliyah Smith, 5’5 PG, Verona HS (WI)

Notes:

-McDaniel posted that her top 5 is "coming soon"

-it is believed that Gophers have 1 more spot to fill in their 2022 recruiting class

-hearing Emily LaChapell top two schools are Utah and Iowa State but no public list

-heard rumors Amaya Battle has a finalist list but unknown how many are on it or what schools are on it as it is not posted or confirmed anywhere

Belzx009

Reaction score
You know what I love about the 3 that are committed? They just announced. Didn’t mess around with announcing finalists. Also listened to a Braun interview where she said “With respect for the other coaches recruiting me, I wanted to let them know as well”. That’s very mature to do in this era of making a decision long and drawn out.

Belzx009

Reaction score
Ok question? Amber Scalia? I saw she hit 6 3s the other night. Is she good enough to play at a D1 level?

bball_craz_26

Reaction score
Ok question? Amber Scalia? I saw she hit 6 3s the other night. Is she good enough to play at a D1 level?
Amber is a really nice scorer. When you watch her play, she actually looks like Sara out there with quick movements, quick trigger on 3s and strong drives to the basket. However, where is Sara is about 5'11-6'0 range, Amber is about 5'7, maybe 5'8 so would be an undersized 2-guard. She is projected as a low mid major, or high D2 level player at this time.

Belzx009

Reaction score
Amber is a really nice scorer. When you watch her play, she actually looks like Sara out there with quick movements, quick trigger on 3s and strong drives to the basket. However, where is Sara is about 5'11-6'0 range, Amber is about 5'7, maybe 5'8 so would be an undersized 2-guard. She is projected as a low mid major, or high D2 level player at this time.
Thanks

MNGirlsHoops

Reaction score
They might have 1 2022 scholarship left, not sure.. 2022 class is getting to big, we'll be stuck in we're young mode forever. Might be saving it for Amaya Battle, but getting the feeling she is looking elsewhere.
I think next year they need to look at that transfer portal or grad player for the front line.

Top Bottom