2022 Recruiting

whalenfan

Reaction score
Not sure what position she plays, but is anybody else impressed with the play of Emily La Chapell of the Wisconsin Flight?
Saw her play last week, shes really good. Also got a Gopher offer yesterday.

bball_craz_26

Reaction score
Not sure what position she plays, but is anybody else impressed with the play of Emily La Chapell of the Wisconsin Flight?
She is a wing/SF with guard like handles. Gophers did recently offer her. Her other known offers are Illinois, Milwaukee, Kansas State, Iowa State, Marquette, Wisconsin. Her AAU team does a good job of sharing the kid's offers they get. She likely will get more and more as teams watch her play on the live stream.

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
She is a wing/SF with guard like handles. Gophers did recently offer her. Her other known offers are Illinois, Milwaukee, Kansas State, Iowa State, Marquette, Wisconsin. Her AAU team does a good job of sharing the kid's offers they get. She likely will get more and more as teams watch her play on the live stream.
The Fieldhouse arena in Ames, is a great venue to watch basketball.

gopher572

Reaction score
Other offers include Maryland, UCLA, Gonzaga, Florida State, LSU, USC, Mississippi State, Arizona State

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Lilly Stoddard is a multi-sport star:

Class of 2022 Lilly Stoddard, who is ranked the 73rd best player in her class according to Prep Girls Hoops, is not only a great basketball player but a great volleyball player as well.

"She is being recruited by about four big-time schools for both volleyball and basketball. Colorado offered her (for volleyball) on the spot," said Lilly's mother Chris Roye, who played basketball at Saint Joseph's College in Rensselaer, Indiana, helping them to a 28-2 record and No. 3 national ranking. "And Pitt talked to her about playing both sports. (Indiana) has been looking at her for volleyball since last year. Minnesota, Wisconsin are looking at her. I think she has talked to about 10 big-time programs for volleyball as well. We have a successful tradition with our high school volleyball team."

For basketball, she also has options from several big-time programs.

"I have (basketball) offers from Iowa, Purdue, Illinois, Ball State, Butler, (Arizona State) and Pitt," said Lilly, who is 6-foot-4. "(Indiana), Wisconsin, Michigan, North Carolina and Western Michigan are a few that I have interest from."

Lilly gives credit to volleyball for helping her become a better basketball player.

bball_craz_26

Reaction score
https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/basketball/6584078-Meisters-game-offers-keep-growing

“She’s tall, she’s smooth, she’s strong, she’s quick and she can really shoot. Lilly checks so many boxes that powerhouse programs Oregon and Louisville are both hot after her. Oregon finished ranked No. 2 in the country this past season and Louisville No. 6. Minnesota has already offered her a scholarship, as has Nebraska, Wisconsin, South Dakota State and Eastern Illinois.”

Oregon and Louisville?! Good luck Gophers :eek:

CutDownTheNet

Reaction score
She's apparently 5'10' and looks like a high-scoring wing that can both drive into the paint and rebound (i.e., skill set similar to Pitts). She has an offer from Green Bay. Probably can play the 2, 3 and (in a pinch) 4.

See http://nextlevelsportsrecruiting.net/emily-lachapell.html

* 1st team all-conference as a freshmen - had consideration for player of the year
* 17ppg overall / 16.6 ppg FVA ranked #1
* 9 rbpg overall / 9.2 rbpg FVA ranked #2
* 4.5 apg overall / 4.3 asg FVA / ranked #1
* 50% FG shooter * All Defensive Team selection

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

More on Hake:

Her final decision came down to Nebraska and Grand Canyon. Kansas State and Minnesota also showed interest, but Hake didn’t need to wait to see what other scholarship offers she may get after the club tournaments conclude later this summer.

Nebraska had been recruiting her for about one year already, and she’s made two visits to Lincoln, attending both a Nebraska football game and a women’s basketball game

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Fremont junior Taylor McCabe decided the time was right.

The 5-foot-9 shooting guard announced her commitment to Iowa on Monday. She notified the Hawkeye coaches of her decision last week.

“The coaching staff is phenomenal and I want to go somewhere I can win," McCabe said. "The head coach is Lisa Bluder and is going to be a future Hall of Famer for sure. They have two young guard coaches that are really good and I get along with (them) really well."
[...]

She also held scholarship offers from Wisconsin, Kansas State, South Dakota State, UNO, Colgate, UMKC, Drake, Colorado State and Minnesota.

Top Bottom