2020 US Senatorial elections

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

Many Democrats will simply not answer this very simple question. You have to vote me in to see how I’ll vote is not a good answer.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
By definition, underage people cannot give consent.

I like how you put "Congressmen" in there so we couldn't name Trump, but regardless, Democrats don't have to power to force Republican Congressmen out. They resign (or lose elections) because they're own voters give up on them.

It seems likely Lindsey Graham has had consensual affairs.

Newt Gingrich had an affair in 1974 and served in Congress until 1999.

Boehner was rumored to have had affairs.

Don Sherwood had an affair and only left when he lost an election

David Vitter admitted to sex with prostitutes and served in the Senate for 10 more years.
Trump wasn’t a politician at the time of his affair(s), so it’s a different comparison altogether. Bill Clinton was a politician.

When Gingrinch’s affair was made public, he was done.

And what’s this about “seems likely” or was “rumored”. That is total speculation. If you can’t answer the question that I asked, just say that you don’t have an answer instead of making shit up.

Cunningham was running on ’character’. He exposed his. He has little. Trump has never run his campaign on his martial fidelity.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Trump wasn’t a politician at the time of his affair(s), so it’s a different comparison altogether. Bill Clinton was a politician.

When Gingrinch’s affair was made public, he was done.

And what’s this about “seems likely” or was “rumored”. That is total speculation. If you can’t answer the question that I asked, just say that you don’t have an answer instead of making shit up.

Cunningham was running on ’character’. He exposed his. He has little. Trump has never run his campaign on his martial fidelity.
That on Gingrich is 100% fabrication: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newt_Gingrich#Personal_life (NOTE: He had multiple affairs)

I was able to answer the question you asked. Throwing out rumor, Newt, David Vitter, and Don Sherwood all meet your criteria.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The dude (Cunningham) doesn’t wear his mask very effectively either.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I think the Dems can scratch Montana off their list. And if Jon Tester were to end the filibuster should the Dems get a Senate majority, the GOP would flip his seat in 2024.

EF2CA2A0-0171-4872-BBA7-E6EA0220D2C7.jpeg

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
After the VP debate, every Democrat Senate candidate is going to have to answer the questions about the filibuster, SC packing, and adding states.

stocker08

Reaction score
After the VP debate, every Democrat Senate candidate is going to have to answer the questions about the filibuster, SC packing, and adding states.
Regardless of their thoughts....they should all say that they are against those things. They can change their minds later. Much like how all of those senators who have said for the past four years that they wouldn't vote to fill RBG's seat in an election year....have magically changed their minds.

Republicans have set the precedent that being hypocrites is cool.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Regardless of their thoughts....they should all say that they are against those things. They can change their minds later. Much like how all of those senators who have said for the past four years that they wouldn't vote to fill RBG's seat in an election year....have magically changed their minds.

Republicans have set the precedent that being hypocrites is cool.
Show me the quote that Mitch McConnell, the SENTATE MAJORITY LEADER, has ever said that he wouldn’t take the opportunity to confirm a Trump nominee for SC. EVER. There isn’t one b/c he didn’t. When asked, McConnell has always said he would. howie pointed this out several times before RBG died.

Lindsey Graham is the only one and he was dumb to say it.

stocker08

Reaction score
Show me the quote that Mitch McConnell, the SENTATE MAJORITY LEADER, has ever said that he wouldn’t take the opportunity to confirm a Trump nominee for SC. EVER. There isn’t one b/c he didn’t. When asked, McConnell has always said he would. howie pointed this out several times before RBG died.

Lindsey Graham is the only one and he was dumb to say it.
Who said McConnell said it. I'm not going to do the research for you...but Graham cracker isn't the oy one changing his tune.

Hypocrites run amok on the right. Candidates asked this question should simply say no. Eighties have blatant lies the new norm.

justthefacts

Reaction score
No. I’ll wait to see what Trafalgar says. I trust their polls since they nailed Pennsylvania last time.
So you're saying that Dems should not, in fact, scratch Montana off their list?

FWIW, Trafalgar had Biden up 2.4 points in PA 2.5 weeks ago, and that was before Trump lost the debate and went to the hospital to take experimental drugs to combat a disease he admitted to downplaying.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Who said McConnell said it. I'm not going to do the research for you...but Graham cracker isn't the oy one changing his tune.

Hypocrites run amok on the right. Candidates asked this question should simply say no. Eighties have blatant lies the new norm.
So you want me to “do the research” to find a statement that nobody said?

Your usual logic. That‘s likely why you vote Democrat.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So you're saying that Dems should not, in fact, scratch Montana off their list?
No, I think they should. Trump is up 13%.

But if they want to pour money into the Montana Senate race, I’d be happy for them to do that.

I hear that they’re more worried about the Michigan Senate seat that they could potentially lose.

justthefacts

Reaction score

But if they want to pour money into the Montana Senate race, I’d be happy for them to do that.

I hear that they’re more worried about the Michigan Senate seat that they could potentially lose.
In which poll is Daines up 13 in MT?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I honestly thought I had made a mistake because your poll was about the Senate.

Anyway, I thought only Trafalgar polls counted?
Trafalgar only polls in several battleground states, otherwise I’d use them.

But I’ve been assured that if polls are so lopsided, it doesn’t matter who does the poll. It’s a fact.

stocker08

Reaction score
So you want me to “do the research” to find a statement that nobody said?

Your usual logic. That‘s likely why you vote Democrat.

And you cheer as he backpeddles....because that's what repubs like you are. Shameless hypocrites.

stocker08

Reaction score
Yeah, I already pointed Graham out. Nobody else said such a thing.
Everybody on this board knows that it wouldn't matter who said what. You're a shameless shill. Talking out of your a$$ is a daily occurrence. Especially in matters of King Trump.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, now acting chairman of the Intelligence Committee, said in March 2016, "I don't think we should be moving forward on a nominee in the last year of this president's term. I would say that if it was a Republican president."

Colorado Sen. Cory Gardner, who is trailing in his reelection race, had this to say nine months out from the 2016 election: "I think we're too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision."

Here's what Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa, also in a tight race for reelection, said in February 2016: "We will see what the people say this fall and our next president, regardless of party, will be making that nomination."

North Carolina Sen. Thom Tillis, also fighting for his reelection, said this in 2016: "Vice President Biden's remarks may have been voiced in 1992, but they are entirely applicable to 2016. The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president."

Sen. John Cornyn of Texas said this: "I believe the American people deserve to have a voice in the selection of the next Supreme Court Justice, and the best way to ensure that happens is to have the Senate consider a nomination made by the next President."

Here's Sen. John Thune of South Dakota in 2016: "Since the next presidential election is already underway, the next president should make this lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court."

Here's Georgia Sen. David Purdue: "The very balance of our nation's highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the President and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people."

Here's Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson in May 2016: "Instead of a lame duck president and Senate nominating and confirming, a new president and Senate — elected by the people only a few months from now — should make that important decision. I can't think of a fairer or more democratic process."

And here's Ohio Sen. Rob Portman: "I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations."

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Why? The MSM won't ask, and in a debate they won't be forced to answer. I've seen four debates, Trump v Biden; Pence v Harris, McSally v Kelly and Tina v Jason. In each debate the question was asked, and in each one the Dem refused to answer the question. This especially looked bad for Kelly, where the moderator basically stated "how can voters think you're prepared to be a Senator if you can't even answer a simple question", and he still refused to answer. It's the biggest issue of the entire election, and the dems won't even give an answer.

howeda7

Reaction score
I think the Dems can scratch Montana off their list. And if Jon Tester were to end the filibuster should the Dems get a Senate majority, the GOP would flip his seat in 2024.

View attachment 9617
There are single polls showing Kelly up double digits in AZ and Cunningham up double digits in NC. Should R's scratch them off the list?

howeda7

Reaction score

Want to bet that Daines won't win by 9? Also, the Michigan Senate seat is not in danger. Your guy already lost in 2018 and he's not going to outrun Trump by the 5-8% necessary to win Michigan.

Top Bottom